Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] {LF} Help on finishing this team
Hello!
I am creating a new team and I need a bit of help on my last two Pokemon!

Team is for Doubles
Bisharp: Knock Off, Iron Head, Sucker Punch, Protect
Altaria (Mega): Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Return, ______ (I do need help on a Move 4 for my Altaria.)
Heatran: Heat Wave, Earth Power, Hidden Power, Protect
Clefairy: Thunder Wave, Follow Me, Moonblast, Protect

Thinking about making the fifth Pokemon my Landorus T: U-turn, Superpower, Rock Slide, Earthquake.
Of course, I'm not sure if that's a wise decision or not... but regardless please reply with your suggestions!
Thanks!

VGC BANNED POKEMON SHALL NOT BE INCLUDED
And please, no  kappa submissions... I don't think a Bidoof will aid me well lol.

If more information is requested, such as natures, I can provide :P
Hello, pretty interesting team! I'm not the best at VGC I'm pretty new to it but I'll give it a shot!

Bisharp is pretty good, standard set

For the Altaria mega you could go with the Draco Meteor for more bulky Pokemon or protect. Also you might want to switch for a special set which i believe has better coverage and doesn't get affected by Intimidate but i really like the physical one too!

Heatran looks fine the hidden power was what caught me off guard because i don't know if its worth it. I'd assume its Hidden power ice and most ground type poke one shot Heatran and your dragon coverage is fantastic.

Clefairy is very good, looks awesome.

Now for the last two Pokemon, the things that might give you trouble are things like earthquake from potential Landorus-T or any other Pokemon, and maybe a taunt from any prankster use or even fast Pokemon. Also fighting types hits you hard but you got double fairy to support that,

I'd suggest a bulky water type like Azumarill with covers almost every weakness of the team, or a Suicune with ice beam and tailwind because the team looks pretty slow but bulky or a Milotic which makes intimidate user think about it more than twice with Bisharp's defiant and Milotic's competitive and icy wind support. Maybe even Rotom-w which has levitate and is a bulky water type

For the last maybe a hard hitter like a talonflame which is immune to ground so earthquake users think twice before doing so and it resist/hits for supper effective fighting types. Landorus-T might fit here too! with its amazing coverage and high attack stat.

Go to http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/ input the team like i did so you can see clearly how it works out. Hope this helps a lot and you finish satisfied with your team!! And remember building the team is just half the process, learning how to use it is the other half. If this helped please give me a +1 I really would appreciate it. Glad i could help, Have fun!!
Please use Showdown to export your sets to make things more clear! http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/teambuilder

Physical M-Altaria may not be the best set (Pixiliate Hyper Voice is way more powerful in damage output) because it can get Intimidated or burned.

I like Bisharp + Clefairy but i wouldn't use Heatran in this team, i'm sure we can find something to replace it.

The first major threat to this team is.. Heatran itself. Opposing Bisharp can also create problems as they can just spam Iron Head into Clefairy and M-Altaria. Rotom-W walls Heatran completely and it's a good pokemon to have against any other Water type which often carries Ice Beam, which can put M-Altaria in danger, while it can run W-o-W to shut down Bisharp.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 60 SpA / 60 SpD / 132 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

#Outspeeds Adamant Bisharp by one point, so that you can burn it with W-o-W before one of its move.
#100% chance to OHKO 4 HP Landorus-T with Hydro Pump

Without Heatran we don't have Fire coverage anymore. As Jasiel Nabi suggested, Talonflame can work in this team because it offers Tailwind support, another possible W-o-W or even Quick Guard support, putting a lot of pressure on Grass types with Brave Bird (Ludicolo, Breloom and M-Venusaur) which can cause troubles to Rotom-W.

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Tailwind
- Protect / Quick Guard / Will-O-Wisp

Now that you have a Levitate user and a Flying type, you have more possibilities to lock your Landorus-T in Earthquake, which can be extremely useful. If you want a different set, which survives Life Orb Bisharp +1 Sucker Punch, here's the set.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 100 HP / 176 Atk / 48 Def / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Anyway a 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe still works without problems.
Here are some build for the Evs and moves for your pokemon. Looking at this team Ground pretty much walls you as does water, ice, and poison so Lando T is out. I suggest adding a water type such as Ludicolo, Suicune, Milotic, or Rotom W. Rotom W would be my best bet is it is immune to ground (with the exception of Mold Breaker Excadrill). Change Altaria to a special attacker as well. It gets a much better move pool and a STAB pixilate hyper voice always hurts. Gengar would be the pokemon that i'd choose next. It is fast and gets access to taunt, icy wind will o wisp and shadow ball of sludge bomb. Gengar is immune to both your main weaknesses (say you choose this team i made) which is Fighting and Ground. Here is the team I made for you if you want to test it out Smile

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SpA / 60 SpDef
Nature: Calm
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Tailwind
- Protect

Clefable @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Unaware
Nature: Bold
EVs: 244 HP / 164 Def / 28 Sp. Atk / 68 Sp. Def / 4 Spd
Moveset:
– Follow Me
– Moonblast
– Helping Hand
– Protect

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Protect

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 36 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
– Substitute
– Heat Wave
– Protect
– Earth Power

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 60 SpA / 148 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Gengar @Focus Sash
Ability" Levitate
Nature: Timid
252 SpAtk/252 Speed/4 HP
- Shadow Ball/ Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Icy Wind
- Taunt

I'll test this team on Showdown and have some battle videos soon hope this helped! :D
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
Videos:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-231888867

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-232144776

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-232146319

as you can see this team works well together. Hope this helped and good luck battling Smile
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug