Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] LF Help building around a pokemon
Ok, so, I want to run a support Hitmontop as it has been one of my favorite mons since the early VGC scene, how should I build around it? What would be a good core that a quick + wide guard hitmontop will help a lot? I'm really looking for some help with this, hope you guys can help me out!
Hitmontop + M-Kang lead gives a lot of pressure and some tricky mind games against an opponent fake out user, because he can't really predict if you are going to Quick Guard, Fake out or attack with your Hitmontop, sometimes giving M-Kang a free turn to deal a lot of damage.

If your opponent does not have a decent way to deal with Sylveon, Hitmontop + Sylveon is another great lead, since Hitmontop can Quick Guard or Fake out to let Sylveon's Hyper Voice spam begin (while dealing with Steel types too with Close Combat)

I guess Hitmontop is able to adapt on every team, while i don't really know what's the best item for it (Focus Sash? Leftovers?)
People used to run hitmontop+volcarona in order to set up a quiver dance with fake out, and wide guard to stop rock slides. Could use the same for a dragon dance salamence or something similar as well. Especially since you can run a hitmontop with helping hand.
Hitmontop brings great support value so it makes a nice filler on most teams. Since it has Intimidate, Fake Out, Feint, Wide Guard and Quick Guard, it really depends on the team you plan to bring. Mega-Kangaskhan, Terrakion, Thundurus-I and Sylveon make great pairs with Hitmontop.
[Insert signature here]