Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Triple Team Challenge Season 3? [2016]
CREDIT TO ORIGINAL CREATOR:
Makiri created the original idea on Nugget Bridge HERE

Warning: This may not happen, this is all ideal, depending on your responses, THIS IS IN THE SUMMER OF 2016! THE START WEEK IS/MAYBE JUNE 5th-11th

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in bringing back the Triple Team Challenge for a Season 3, I do not know if the original person who brought it here would be interested in starting it, So this is why I would like to Bring up Discussion, If the Community as a whole would like to have this return!

This is all VGC, VGC15/VGC16 depending on if the NEW Format is officially released by GameFreak/Pokemon Company, In a Team of 3, You battle it out against other Teams of 3

This is really to just see if anyone would be interested before Me and Mitchmaster24 and any one else who would be dedicated to assisting start to plan ahead.

Rule set for Season 2, if your not familiar with how it works;
Season 2 Post
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
no Kappa
A legend fallen from grace.
There's no way we can hope to reach a good amount of partecipants right now.
At this point, I'm not interested in Pokemon to the level where I would want to participate in a battle every week. Also, preoccupied with school work. I'll have to pass
[Insert signature here]
(Nov 7, 2015, 07:42 AM)Marcusube Wrote: At this point, I'm not interested in Pokemon to the level where I would want to participate in a battle every week. Also, preoccupied with school work. I'll have to pass

its during the summer just for that reason

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
Alright gotta get into more detail I guess, I would never start it mid school year.

We are in November at the moment, So about 6 Months till my School Year ends,
Everything will start the Week of June 6th [Depending on if the planning goes to schedule]

This is all during the Summer I would NEVER push people to rush during the school year, Dates for when Team Creation starts will be done during the planning, probably in May-ish, or Earlier, depending on community reactions, But this is all 2016 for the most part.

Planning ahead is a good thing, so we dont need to rush, and we have everything set out, how it will work, possible prizes, etc [note possible, not will have]

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
Oh i didn't read that part lol

I may be interested as long as we have a new VGC format.
(Nov 7, 2015, 08:10 AM)GMX Wrote: Oh i didn't read that part lol

I may be interested as long as we have a new VGC format.

I may make adjustments to the current format if we dont get a new one, to make things interesting, not majorly interesting, but enough to make people actually want to, like top 12 or so mons are banned, stuff like that

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad
After thinking about what happen during this season, I do have some rather strong opinions about this topic since its the second time the league collapsed. First off, I highly agree we'd be better off getting this started in the summer of 2016 (at least most young people and students are free). It be interesting as GMX said if TPCi/Play Pokemon! announces the official format for 2016 since most people (almost everyone here) wants a new one. If we are still going to have the same format, then yeah I could see banning the top 12 Pokemon on the future battle spot doubles section bar any pre megas like regular Kangaskhan, Gardevoir, Charizard (...don't know if we should ban X as well since it defeats the purpose of using regular Charizard), Salamence, etc.

The issue here is whether the teams will coordinate with each other and if they'll stick around even if some aren't likely to make playoffs assuming we do have it. Another thing I want to say is we should only have teams based on people who are already established here on PFA with a couple reputation and time spent here. If we were going to do a tourney that going to last long until playoffs, then have people who are well-known or interested participate, not just someone who joins the forum in a few days in June 2016 for this tour and leaves midway. A team cap of about like 16-20 is honestly the most manageable with between 48-60 players. We do have a ton of time (rather 7 months) to get a rather large community base going. In the meantime hopefully some people here can host smaller ones just to gauge the reception.

Another thing people can do if they don't have the time to battle/breed their Pokemon is go on Showdown and complete their battles there. Yes it sorta takes away from the battle-like experience but at least we can have finish battles. Just look at the Spooky Cup we hosted, it went largely well and most of the people battled and participated there. I think its be better off if we can have the format be both showdown and on the cartridges so anyone can battle. If we do happen to do playoffs, then its should be either top 4 to make the finals rounds interesting or a top 6 with the 2 top seed teams getting byes.

One last thing, if any teams are MIA for either the rounds/playoffs and are MIA for an extended period of time (like 2 weeks), don't wait for them and give the team an auto-DQ. Literally this is how both seasons died off so we kinda have to make those executive decisions for the tourney to be successful. That's really all I have to say on the matter so we do have plenty of time to get this right again.
Im up for helping yall anyway i can i know bad management was one reason both two seasons fail so if i do help manage next season ill try my best to strictly enforce the rules, like you guys said i like the idea of doing only common people for the tournament, ill also try my best (with the twitter account and other things) to get more people to come to the forum and stay here :P
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~