Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] True rage
Sad 
When your opponent is down to just their garchomp in a double battle while straddling for sand storm damage and they land protect 3 turns in a row!
What's that like... 25% chance turn 2 and 12.5% at turn 3?
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
You guys know what I mean?
And some how Pokemon is competitive game. Kappa
A legend fallen from grace.
Actually its been proven by Smogon and Nugget Bridge that the chance of Protect is actually 30% and not 50% in this generation. There was like an article or post I've read from here which shows the game's coding for this.

http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/199...cond-time/
btw there are like two additional embedded post there
(Oct 12, 2015, 06:36 PM)bradar485 Wrote: You guys know what I mean?

Yes, he had sand storm up, and you died to enviormental damage while he was protecting to save his life.

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
(Oct 12, 2015, 06:39 PM)Black117 Wrote: Actually its been proven by Smogon and Nugget Bridge that the chance of Protect is actually 30% and not 50% in this generation. There was like an article or post I've read from here which shows the game's coding for this.

http://nuggetbridge.com/forums/topic/199...cond-time/
btw there are like two additional embedded post there

"Proven" 30%, it's 33.3% if you read it. 30*3 = 90, so 33.3% would be more accurate.
And if you think i used 50% then you need to redo the math, If turn 2 is 25% that means 1/4.

They beat the odds and lusty anyways. That's the dumbest part...
(Oct 12, 2015, 06:40 PM)Shachi Wrote:
(Oct 12, 2015, 06:36 PM)bradar485 Wrote: You guys know what I mean?

Yes, he had sand storm up, and you died to enviormental damage while he was protecting to save his life.
Ok I'm cheered up now by your overly literal answer to my metaphorical question
Yeah I incorrectly typed that as "30%" instead of "1/3". Just wanted to post something informative.

Edit: Not trying to belittle anyone here since we all had our fair share of bad RNG rolls like what bradar485's experience. Though I don't share sentiment for those who rely on RNG to win games (at least in singles).