Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] VGC15: A competitive guide to team building effectively.
(Jan 16, 2015, 04:48 PM)Wallace Wrote:
(Jan 16, 2015, 04:45 PM)beth2527 Wrote: Great guide, but I don't think two links to the calculator is necessary. :P (the common pokes is also the calculator)

That is actually the most important part, if I were the author of this post I would link it at least five more times at the end.

But didn't you know, you're actually supposed to link it to all rayquaza pages.
(Jan 16, 2015, 04:49 PM)Rogue Wrote:
(Jan 16, 2015, 04:48 PM)Wallace Wrote:
(Jan 16, 2015, 04:45 PM)beth2527 Wrote: Great guide, but I don't think two links to the calculator is necessary. :P (the common pokes is also the calculator)

That is actually the most important part, if I were the author of this post I would link it at least five more times at the end.

LOL get out of here you're making us laugh too hard at your bad jokes

My bad jokes are the real "glue" on this team.
Rouge

[Image: giphy.gif]

More rep for you :D

But seriously, thanks for posting this, anything that can help is always appreciated
(Jan 16, 2015, 04:52 PM)Eckley Wrote: Rouge

[Image: giphy.gif]

More rep for you :D

But seriously, thanks for posting this, anything that can help is always appreciated

[Image: 200.gif] You're drowning me here! D:

But thanks a lot!
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
beat me to making 1 dam it guess i'll have to do the no legend teambuilding guide but not much changes really. I prefer team magmas teambuilder to marrilands since marrilands wasn't gen 6 updated last time i used it.

http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/
Evilsabre
Winning a Pokemon battle is not so much about being a step ahead of your opponent but rather being 2 steps behind them
Also, I cannot stress enough: WATCH VGC MATCHES. To get good at teambuilding and playing, I think people need to watch professional VGC play. Not only can someone learn a lot just by watching, but in many cases the commentator(s) will drop hints about how to make the best plays and what pokemon are strong on what teams. There are lots of youtube channels out there like CybertronProductions and Alex Ogloza as well as live streams like nuggetbridge, Pd0nz, Jamesspeed1, CybertronVGC, and of course our own TheJustinFlynn.
jesus this thread! absolutely amazing!
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
nice thread. but teammagma.net/team-builder/ is a lot easier to use than marriland it runs a lot faster. best team builder imo.
I made a team with this guide and thought I'd share it so you could see the fruit of your labour somewhat! I'll probably tweak it some more. It's doing decently on Showdown, though; the only huge losses were bad calls on my part rather than any inherent problems with the team. It's been a cool team to start myself out with, though. Thanks!

Tyranitar-Mega @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Bold Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Safeguard
- Foul Play

Gyarados @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge
- Return

Talonflame @ Charti Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry
You wanna make a thread with this team in the "competitive discussion" section with the prefix "rate my team" but if I had to give you some advice I'd say you may need more Pokemon that take advantage of sand stream ability Smile
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~