Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

I am now playing legit 100%
Since I updated my 3ds a while ago, and decided I want to play pokemon again, I decided to reset both of my games, and now I will once again play legitly. Ill probably start a trade shop when ever I figure out how to breed good mons, and get the patience to do so. Well that's all no more mass pokegen give aways from me.
cool!
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
can you still consider it legit if the parent I used to breed is pokegenned? just wondering i used mons i got from wonder trade as parents
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

(Oct 12, 2015, 05:52 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Oct 12, 2015, 05:12 PM)jouzea Wrote: can you still consider it legit if the parent I used to breed is pokegenned? just wondering i used mons i got from wonder trade as parents

If it's obtained in-game via catching in the wild or hatching from an egg, it's considered legit. If it's inserted into the game via Pokegen or other data-altering devices such as Powersaves but is possible to obtain in-game, it's legal.

huh? "if it's inserted into the game via Pokegen or other data-altering devices such as Powersaves but is possible to obtain in-game, it's legal." Not illegal?
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
(Oct 12, 2015, 06:03 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Oct 12, 2015, 06:00 PM)Shachi Wrote:
(Oct 12, 2015, 05:52 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Oct 12, 2015, 05:12 PM)jouzea Wrote: can you still consider it legit if the parent I used to breed is pokegenned? just wondering i used mons i got from wonder trade as parents

If it's obtained in-game via catching in the wild or hatching from an egg, it's considered legit. If it's inserted into the game via Pokegen or other data-altering devices such as Powersaves but is possible to obtain in-game, it's legal.

huh? "if it's inserted into the game via Pokegen or other data-altering devices such as Powersaves but is possible to obtain in-game, it's legal." Not illegal?

Illegal by the Pokemon TOS, but considered "legal" colloquially by the community if it's obtainable in-game. For example, genning a Lightning Rod Eevee makes it illegal because that's not possible to get in-game, but genning an Adaptability Eevee is considered legal because it is. In-game hack checks won't know the difference.

Okay, I use something simmilar to powersaves that I made myself. It alows me to change IV's and such so i can still use my pokemon on battle spot.
Glad people don't go all rage mode on it, I just keept it to myself due to fear of backlash.
I've seen videos on youtube tho of like shedinja with sturdy. Silly stuff indeed.

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
(Oct 12, 2015, 06:10 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Oct 12, 2015, 06:07 PM)Shachi Wrote:
(Oct 12, 2015, 06:03 PM)naitre Wrote:
(Oct 12, 2015, 06:00 PM)Shachi Wrote:
(Oct 12, 2015, 05:52 PM)naitre Wrote: If it's obtained in-game via catching in the wild or hatching from an egg, it's considered legit. If it's inserted into the game via Pokegen or other data-altering devices such as Powersaves but is possible to obtain in-game, it's legal.

Illegal by the Pokemon TOS, but considered "legal" colloquially by the community if it's obtainable in-game. For example, genning a Lightning Rod Eevee makes it illegal because that's not possible to get in-game, but genning an Adaptability Eevee is considered legal because it is. In-game hack checks won't know the difference.

Okay, I use something simmilar to powersaves that I made myself. It alows me to change IV's and such so i can still use my pokemon on battle spot.
Glad people don't go all rage mode on it, I just keept it to myself due to fear of backlash.
I've seen videos on youtube tho of like shedinja with sturdy. Silly stuff indeed.

Haha, don't get me wrong...some people do go rage mode over it. It's technically illegal by the TOS, but many players do it. I personally breed all mine and have no opinion on manipulating the game as long as it's within the realm of legality and doesn't involve explicit abuse such as creating a Pokemon with 9999999999 HP. Wink

Yeeeeaaaah... what's the point of that? I don't have much time to breed anymore now that i found a job again. So i figured i'd lessen my work load by catcing what i want and then fix it to fit my needs, But making a pokemon with things it should not have is not cool :P But like in my trickroom team i set the speed IV to 0, I'd still be breeding for it now i think x)

Thanks for explanin' abit Naitre.

(Oct 12, 2015, 06:16 PM)naitre Wrote: No problem! I feel like the breeding system should be changed to be more friendly to new players and those who just simply don't have time for something so RNG-based, but that's just, like, my opinion, man.

Ooh, I agree so much to the point I wish they would remove IVs and just have Nature and EVs.
Also, you like the big lebowski too? :P

(Oct 12, 2015, 06:16 PM)naitre Wrote: No problem! I feel like the breeding system should be changed to be more friendly to new players and those who just simply don't have time for something so RNG-based, but that's just, like, my opinion, man.

I sort of agree with you. Breeding is my life (wait, let me try and be a little less melodramatic here), it's definitely what I have the most fun doing in-game, but it's just so hard to get into at first. It definitely gets easier once you have a few breedable pokes, it just sort of snowballs down from there? But damn.
Even with the current system, I feel like if they just added a few NPCs trading good Dittos, it would make things a lot easier for new players. They don't even need to be that obvious about it. "It's a really cool pokémon, but it's not very fast..." for a NPC trading a 0 Spe Ditto meant for trick room breeding, things like that. People would catch on quickly I guess, and it would make breeding a lot more fun for everyone.

But yeah, even though I breed all of my pokes myself too, I understand why some people would resort to genning. I don't mind it, and I don't really get why people get so mad over it.
And I mean, it's not like I don't benefit from the existence of pokegen either: even though I got it in a trade, my 6IV Ditto is clearly not legit (just like the overwhelming majority of them!), but I'm not complaining... :D
I've been trying to breed one of my teams in pokemon showdown and it's taking forever to breed the right ones but the satisfaction afterwards is awesome. This is the first time i tried breeding never knew how to before thought the daycare was just for baby evolutions.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

Awesome! Going all legit is a good feeling! I feel more connected to my Pokemon that way! I am glad GameFreak made it easier for getting well fit fighters and such, there is some complaint that it is too easy now, with Shinies being able to be found easier, but I feel like all this increases the play-ability for everyone!