Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[POWERSAVES] Out of Commission for the time being (atleast)
This makes me wanna use my Pokemon X as a backup since it's a digital version of the game anyway.
I just read that the cause of this is the USB cable. The one powersaves sends with their device is not the best quality and shorts out at times. If it shorts out at the right time during a save/backup it will wipe everything. If you use powersaves for your pokemon X idd suggest using a different usb cable.
(Nov 16, 2014, 07:59 PM)tygaa2 Wrote: I just read that the cause of this is the USB cable. The one powersaves sends with their device is not the best quality and shorts out at times. If it shorts out at the right time during a save/backup it will wipe everything. If you use powersaves for your pokemon X idd suggest using a different usb cable.

I had actually wondered about this. However, when I used a different cable it didn't seem to work at all and so I switched back. I'll try playing with that idea a bit more.
(Nov 16, 2014, 07:59 PM)tygaa2 Wrote: I just read that the cause of this is the USB cable. The one powersaves sends with their device is not the best quality and shorts out at times. If it shorts out at the right time during a save/backup it will wipe everything. If you use powersaves for your pokemon X idd suggest using a different usb cable.

this is what i have heard and exactly what i plan on doing, looked up a ton of stuff online when this happened to me and this is one of the top things on my list of things to get now since i read about its low quality
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
(Nov 16, 2014, 08:03 PM)Joushou Wrote:

I had actually wondered about this. However, when I used a different cable it didn't seem to work at all and so I switched back. I'll try playing with that idea a bit more.

were you using USB 2.0 or 3.0? I have heard that 3.0 isnt always gonna work with powersaves and just depends
(Nov 16, 2014, 05:35 PM)Joushou Wrote:
(Oct 17, 2014, 02:41 PM)MARSxVenom Wrote: powersaves ruined my pokemon Y cartridge so i cant do anything at the moment, not sure how much im gonna do for ORAS when it comes out as i'd rather it not ruin that too. I'm just gonna wait and see how this works out  Undecided

I hope you had most of your stuff in Pokemon Bank so that you aren't set too far back.

this is a good idea and probably what i will do from now on though, as i can put my pokemon in the bank then restore my save from powersaves and have the spares, thanks for the advice :D