Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Passing Time Until Sun/Moon
So we're a little over two months away from the release of Pokémon Sun and Moon. I'm sure that, like me, many of you are trying to fill that gap by playing the current games or doing something else Pokémon related. So what's everyone doing to pass the time?

I just recently started a new playthrough of Pokémon X. I'm four badges in and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I didn't realize how long it's been since I've traveled through the Kalos region!

Also, what's everyone looking forward to the most with Sun and Moon?
Im currently breeding all my pokemon from Y with a ditto so i can easily complete the Sun pokedex and hopefully get the shiny charm as qucik as possible.
I just want everyone to know, that Bulbasaur is the greatest of all time
(Sep 10, 2016, 06:08 AM)Idle Wrote: Im currently breeding all my pokemon from Y with a ditto so i can easily complete the Sun pokedex and hopefully get the shiny charm as qucik as possible.

That's a good idea. I'm not huge into shiny hunting, but I've never completed the National Dex before so that might be something for me to try that will definitely keep me occupied!

(Sep 10, 2016, 06:11 AM)naitre Wrote: I started a Pokemon Red playthrough where I am going to smash my rival @Justin with my Bulbasaur named @Eckley . I plan to partake in all sorts of stupid shenanigans like fighting gyms with opposite typings by capitalizing on the physical/special split in gen 1.

With Sun and Moon, I'm excited for a new, fresh metagame. Competitive has gotten stale and I'm hoping for a new, innovative revival to bring back the comp community.

Haha, nice! I was playing Yellow on my 3DS recently trying to complete the Pokédex. I think I was around 100 before I started my X playthrough.

I'm definitely excited for a new, fresh metagame. I agree that the competitive scene has gotten stale over the past two years. I loved VGC14 though. I think VGC17 will have a similar impact.
I've started breeding and ev training via secret base and super train pokemon for my moon run, then I'll be doing some study for school and by that time the games will be out so I guess Im sorted out kinda
Eckley is best grill
Go on and on, grow into a phenomenon
I'm breeding and battling a lot, because I don't want to get rusty for the new Sun and Moon metagame! I think it should be an interesting one with all the new abilities.
I'm trying to make a living dex - it's not going smoothly though :/
You can find me on YouTube, Steam, and Twitter if you need to
I've been doing a lot to waste time until Sun & Moon. I completed the Pokedex, then I completed my living dex, now I've restarted my Pokemon Y and am trying to do a Nuzlocke. On AS I'm breeding for competitive Mons Smile

I can't wait for the release! I don't think I can point out something I'm truly excited for... maybe the idea of Pulverizing Pancakes? lol 
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Karen of the John Elite 4
Gaming wise, going to work on completing the living dex, beat my Yellow / White 2 nuzlockes started since February (kinda recall being 75% done on either version), finish Fire Emblem Fates (everyone will tell me to do this first), and focus on the last two leagues I'm in. Both leagues will end around October/November respectively and I do feel confident how far my team can go. For competitive Pokemon, haven't played VGC since March, though I've taken interest again after Wolfey won worlds with a Sword Dance Rayquaza. Aside that Yveltal Groudon team I've used early on, Ray Orge was the always my favorite to utilize, though I never tried pairing them with Mega Gengar. Singles battlings hasn't really taken up interest (since March), though again League battles are a thing.

Honestly, 2 months isn't a whole lot of time, and it will pass by alot sooner if you get into other hobbies whether's its Pokemon/Gaming related or not. I'd try not to think about the launch days until it actually happens. There's a good chance I might not finish with all this stuff, but I'm probably going to play S/M almost everyday as everyone here. Not sure how the metagames will change but if its different and better than the current VGC/OU metagames, I'm all for it.
(Sep 10, 2016, 06:11 AM)naitre Wrote: I started a Pokemon Red playthrough where I am going to smash my rival @Justin with my Bulbasaur named @Eckley . I plan to partake in all sorts of stupid shenanigans like fighting gyms with opposite typings by capitalizing on the physical/special split in gen 1.

With Sun and Moon, I'm excited for a new, fresh metagame. Competitive has gotten stale and I'm hoping for a new, innovative revival to bring back the comp community.

When all is said and done we will look back at this moment and remember why we stopped being friends.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv