Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Pokemon GO Release Date 2016 Video and Info Thread
Just a waste in my opinion... But why have a grand reveal for GO if its not that big of a deal? I have a feeling it might be if customers let it.

I have no problem with Gen 7 taking the time as long as it gets a physical release and its available on the 3ds.

Look at what they did to trading...When the eshop goes down and pokemon Bank is no longer available you will never be able to trade mons from older games up. Its stuff like this thats got me worried about the future.
Rainbow 
My soul literally cried watching the trailer!!!! TwT

One thing that would worry me (and possibly the world) is that the game wouldn't be as beautiful and perfect as the trailer is.
I mean, are our smartphones capable of holographic material, or even to run such a wonderfully hi-def game [the SIZE of that Gyarados, though!!]? Can we actually project such a huge Pokemon out of nowhere without killing the phone's battery?

I think releasing Pokemon Go in 2016 is such an ambitious project and I'm worried that they will flunk it by being overly ambitious, without taking account of our current technology and the whole trailer being just a "for illustration purposes only" thing to get the hype going from now, and then plummeting our hopes down if they mess up the entire app.

Well.... to answer the Pokemon Go Plus Device question - I'd totally rock the wristband (if it's waterproof!) :P
And maaayyne, if the wristband could incorporate the Mega Evolution function it would be DEAD AWESOME to do that Ben 10 move and make my Pokemon mega evolve!! :D
Probably the slowest Kalos trainer ever: Over 150 hours & still at Coumarine City.
Check out our egg giveaway - The Egg Collaborations

Do not PM me for now - inbox full!
Wearing it as a necklace is a really great idea, I'm gonna steal that from you.

I was so hyped when I heard the translators when the stream started lol, I thought we were getting another main stream game.
While slightly disappointed, this is a spin off game I'll probably play.
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
I saw the video and got hyped right away! Being a real pokemontrainer was one of those childhood-dreams I always had and I guess this is the closest you can get to it hahaha. I will buy/get it as soon as it comes out! Can't wait to have it and to answer your question: I will most likely pin it to my schoolbag or something else that I always have close with me. or i will steal the necklace idea too Kappa

and additional features? I would love if they created this friend-system we have in the games too but then to see little updates like: "Your friend just caught "pokemon"!" or a little warning that pops up whenever there's another trainer close.

or what about a daycare/a rare event where you find an egg and you actually have to walk (Or go full pokemon on your bike Kappa) the steps to hatch it! I mean, we have to walk to the pokemon's location anyways right? Why not add this part too.

I know the game probably won't look as awesome as it is in the trailer but just imagine if they made a game like this in 10/20 years with the technology we have then. Kreygasm
(Oғғɪᴄɪᴀʟ) Lᴏʀᴅ Lᴀᴅʏ ᴇᴇᴠᴇᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏʀᴜᴍ.

﹟TᴇᴀᴍFᴏʀᴜᴍ ₄ ʟᴀɪғᴜ (◍•ᴗ•◍)❤
Accelixio#2187 @ Overwatch

Achievement unlocked: First place in a sub-tourney//08-08-2015

(Sep 10, 2015, 12:23 AM)Justin Wrote:
Since most of the members of this site live in America you might be waking up to realize that Pokemon Snap 2 is finally coming out! Well sort of. It's a new app called Pokemon GO and it's release date is set for 2016. It apparently uses augmented reality and a bluetooth device that acts as both a Pokeradar and a Pokeball. You can then catch Pokemon on your mobile device and battle other trainers with them I believe.
  • Here's the announcement video:

• Here is the Pokemon GO Plus Device. I think you can wear it as either a pin or a wristband. You can probably even keep it in your pocket. I'm going to make a necklace. How are you going to wear yours?
[Image: JHW6U0B.png] [Image: EviL96X.png]

That's about all the info we have for now. As soon as I hear anything I'll make sure to keep you all updated!

Question 1: How are you going to wear your Pokemon GO Plus?

Question 2: What additional features would you like this to have?

I'm hoping we get 
  • Different Pokeballs
  • A New Pokedex
  • Shiny Pokemon (This has to happen)

OMG! This is so dope! and what an amazing commercial! Smile I think it's very cool that The Pokemon Company is expanding the world of Pokemon on mobile devices.

Imagine if the app really tells you how far you are from a certain PKMN and you actually have to "go" that distance to find it.

1- I'm gonna wear my Pokemon Go Plus as a pin

2- I would like the fact that you actually can grow a PKMN after having capture it and that the battles would be as cool as on the DS devices
I don't like it. I don't want to imagine how dumb I'm gonna look to other people when I'm going through bushes to "catch a pokemon", or worse, What if there is an Electabuzz chillin on the yellow line in the middle of the road. I don't wanna run in to traffic to "catch" something that isn't there. It will make me look like a psycho
(Sep 10, 2015, 11:15 AM)Bucsfan818 Wrote: I don't like it. I don't want to imagine how dumb I'm gonna look to other people when I'm going through bushes to "catch a pokemon", or worse, What if there is an Electabuzz chillin on the yellow line in the middle of the road. I don't wanna run in to traffic to "catch" something that isn't there. It will make me look like a psycho

somewhat relevant

https://twitter.com/CybertronVGC/status/...6859692033
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
I'm also not happy with this. The announcement is really hype, too overdone in my opinion.

I laughed with this comment, it's so true! ^^
(Sep 10, 2015, 07:16 AM)nlough Wrote: And the video is so fake too. I mean come on! A legendary pokemon event happening somewhere other than Japan. As if that will ever happen.

It's not something for everyone. I'm really worried about this, that trailer looks like it's meant for real, like that's going to be 'the future of gaming'. Why would they even 'expand' to a different device that's NOT designed for gaming while there's a great gamingdevice out, that everyone who plays Pokémon owns? Not everyone owns a smartphone, so not everyone who loves Pokemon will be able to play it. If they're going to implement events/Pokémon that are only obtainable through that game, it's not fair to everyone who can't play it. The amount of events in Japan being way more then in the rest of the world, is really the same thing.

I really hope they won't do too much with this, no Pokemon Go special events and such please. A mobile sidegame with a pokemontheme is good enough, if it will stay that way I'm fine with it.
I haven't seen any in-game footage yet except for the Charizard and Pikachu screens in the final seconds. So I have no expectations yet. However, I'm absolutely certain I won't play this. I only use a phone for work-related things and to call people. When I play videogames I want to be indoors and as far away from my phone as possible or have it turned off, no distractions.

Also I cannot understand the woman in the video who is amazed by a Caterpie encounter.
They exist IRL:

((Not my Video, I just stumbled upon it a year ago)).
whoa this is cool PogChamp
Never Give Up! - Densest Anime Protagonist of the Century

Forum Ninja
#PopplioDefenseSquad