Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Pokemon GO Release Date 2016 Video and Info Thread
I can't believe they all ganged up on my boy Mewtwo at the end. Disgusting
There is a lot of discussion here about how people don't want to go outside.

I share the same sentiment to an extent.

But! This type of thing kind of makes me want to get out and about. I've been wanting to have reasons to go outside, I think this will be a really good reason. I hope it's very in depth, and I hope there is more to come from it.

I really loved having my little Pikachu when I was young, in that weird grey box. He didn't do enough though!
This could be much more than just battling.

As long as it's visually appealing, and the bluetooth doesn't absolutely kill my phone, I'm super down for this still.

This device + app is hitting a specific demographic. But if this is low quality, I'm not sure I can support it.
If they are hyping it up this much, I hope this is something they continue support for.

I do have to note that I hope when you buy the Go+ that, that counts as buying the game. I hope this doesn't follow the way of "freemium". Microtransactions, etc.

E: I hope that buying the Go+ is buying a game.
This is exciting for me, but only if specific conditions are met.

E2: It would also be cool to be able to get reputation, etc. Maybe have someone start up a gym if they have enough? Ooorrr, maybe just gyms in general.

E3: Now I'm just upset. :c

"In-app purchases will be available."
It suprises me how unappreciative some people are about such an ambitious project. This is hype, a daydream come true for casual and major fans alike. Even if it doesnt live up to the hype, I will still plan to use this app along it's "In-App purchases", because as a pokemon fan Im throwing money at the company anyway. Trading should make filling the 'dex up a possibility, and Im really interested to see what battles would be like, let alone what Im catching in my area. If it fits, I will promptly wear the device as a headband.
I'm pretty sure this thing is going to work with the next main series game maybe like the pokewalker from hg and ss

Question 1: How are you going to wear your Pokemon GO Plus?
Power Glove it
(Sep 10, 2015, 05:48 PM)El Miguel VGC Wrote: It suprises me how unappreciative some people are about such an ambitious project. This is hype, a daydream come true for casual and  major fans alike. Even if it doesnt live up to the hype, I will still plan to use this app along it's "In-App purchases", because as a pokemon fan Im throwing money at the company anyway. Trading should make filling the 'dex up a possibility, and Im really interested to see what battles would be like, let alone what Im catching in my area. If it fits, I will promptly wear the device as a headband.

I am very excited for this.
I will not be excited if they need me to sink tons of money in to it.
I would actually buy this as an app, especially if extra features were unlocked with the Go+.

I just want this to be fun. I'm relatively poor, so I'm looking at this from a financial point of view.

Right now it is very important, to me, to know what the in app purchases are going to be. This is make or break.
If it's "free", but any decent content you need to pay for as if it were DLC, I think that's a bit weird. If it's to unlock Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3, etc. Then this might be fine.

I think it would be very cool to only have specific Pokemon around me, and not all of them. It would be nice to be able to trade with other people.

I plan to find as many Ghosts in my area as I can.

I'm wondering how Legendary Pokemon will work, and I wonder if they will be as "Legendary" as they are ATM in the game.
I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to have only one person have a Legendary Pokemon, to be honest. But I understand that people would be upset at that.
I also think it would be cool, as I previously said, to have a set number of Pokemon in my area. [Perhaps more in the future as they bleed in from release], but that sounds like a huge project on it's own.

I just really like talking about this. Thinking about capturing Pokemon "IRL" is really exciting.

Good interface, good content, and acceptable in app purchases. This is what is really important.

I think the Go+ is a really good way to start something plausibly huge for the future.
They need to put this in Worlds. Maybe with a legendary event.
You know if they made a set of glasses that linked to the app to go along with it that would show you your surroundings as well as the pokemon then maybe I'd consider it. All the game is, is using your phone and putting over the area to reveal the pokemon. there won't be an actual projection. But if they made a set of glasses and possibly a glove that went with the app then the glasses could act as the screen and the glove would act as you touching the screen corresponding with specific motions. Such as pretending to throw a pokeball with the gloved hand would actually show you (or at least your hand) throwing the pokeball through the glasses in order to catch the pokemon. Of course all of this would be costly, as well as dangerous to the wearer emerging themselves in the game and being unaware of their surroundings.
Both Nintendo and Pokémon are incredibly smart for releasing something like this. Like it or not, cell phones are the future of portable gaming. You can try to ignore that fact all you want, but it's not going anywhere. Handheld gaming consoles like the 3DS will still be around, but look at it from Nintendo's point of view: How many people in the world have a Nintendo 3DS? Okay, now how many people have cell phones? My point is made.

Pokémon GO gives Nintendo another platform to release Pokémon games. If I read correctly, Junichi Masuda hinted that this app will be compatible with the main series Pokémon games. Who would seriously have a problem with that!? Think about it, you can catch a Pokémon while out and about in the real world, and then transfer it to your game. Nintendo has always been about creating innovative ideas so this should come as no surprise to anyone.
I am actually interested to see how much involvement Game Freak has in the development of this project considering they are the ones who make the main series Pokemon games after all. Rarely do I see Game Freak involved in such spinoffs since they are usually the ones that tweak the battling system and developing a potential story,but since this is an app I highly doubt the latter is the case. Regardless I think people are too dismissive of a product we still don't have as much info on so lets just wait until once the app is release to see if it truly lives up to the main series games.

(Sep 10, 2015, 02:45 PM)Eckley Wrote: I can't believe they all ganged up on my boy Mewtwo at the end. Disgusting

LEAVE MEWTWO ALONE!!!!!!
(Sep 11, 2015, 06:26 AM)Black117 Wrote: I am actually interested to see how much involvement Game Freak has in the development of this project considering they are the ones who make the main series Pokemon games after all. Rarely do I see Game Freak involved in such spinoffs since they are usually the ones that tweak the battling system and developing a potential story,but since this is an app I highly doubt the latter is the case. Regardless I think people are too dismissive of a product we still don't have as much info on so lets just wait until once the app is release to see if it truly lives up to the main series games.

I think most people, including myself, are dismissive of it because they're advertising as if 3D holograms of the pokemon are going to appear before you out in the real world when really you'll only be able to see them on your phone.

Another issue I have is how the app is going to run. Is it going to use up a ton of data while you're catching a pokemon?