Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] 3rd VGC 2015 Team
So i decided to try my luck and build another team and its actually decent, i made sure to use Rogue and Naitre's Team building guide it was really helpful, so heres my team:

All changes from the comments will be shown in red

[Image: 373.gif]
Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
  • like z2porygon said physical is a little better than special so I decided to change it to the physical version of mega mence

[Image: 059.gif]
Arcanine (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 228 HP / 52 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Snarl
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun
- Bulldoze
  • Arcanine is such a good support pokemon with moves like snarl and will-o-wisp, he will slowly break down teams, though he cant take all attack most attacks he can
    take like a boss Kappa.

[Image: 237.gif]
Hitmontop @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Atk / 60 Def / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Quick Guard
- Wide Guard
  • Hitmontop is another good support pokemon with access to quick guard and wide guard, he cant stop alot of hits, and shut down, talonflame, or any prankster pokemon

[Image: 700.gif]
Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
  • Sylveon is here to do some massive damage, with moves like Hyper voice she can tear through teams

[Image: 286.gif]
Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Protect
- Spore
  • I needed breloom because i was lacking coverage against water types and he does his job good, also with moves such as leech seed and spore i can survive for a long time

[Image: 681.gif]
Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 180 SpA / 76 SpD
Quiet Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Sacred Sword
  • Aegislash is another pokemon here to do some massive damage he can deal alot of damage and tank alot also especially with King's Shield, Also when his weakness policy activates he will dish even more damage

New VGC Team Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-208106366
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/battle...-208107932
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~
I would suggest changing Breloom to a Technican set because of these calculations:
252 SpA Gengar Sludge Bomb vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Breloom: 290-344 (89.5 - 106.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Breloom: 410-486 (126.5 - 150%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0 SpA Togekiss Air Slash vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Breloom: 372-444 (114.8 - 137%) -- guaranteed OHKO
and this main threat to the team milotic
4 Atk Breloom Seed Bomb vs. 252 HP / 216 Def Milotic: 206-246 (52.2 - 62.4%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Poison Heal Breloom is cool but it is bad in Doubles.

I think that Bisharp and Milotic will run over this team if the opponent plays it correctly but Technican Breloom can Mach Punch Bisharp and Bullet Seed Milotic.

I tried Special and Physical Mega-Salamence but I liked Physical because Dragon-Dance Mega-Salamence hits like a truck. Also M-Salamence needs protect unless you are willing to switch out into Icy Winds and Ice Beams with other.

I would swap Bulldoze for Overheat or Heatwave because fire-move are clutch at times.

The team is pretty good otherwise but expect Sylveon and Aegislash to get doubled without attacking because they are both quiet nature.
I second that technician ability with Mach Punch is a really good option on breloom. Also Focus Sash b/c it tends to get OHKO a lot
#TeamForum

Arcanine is a great support but your moveset does not offer any offensive presence on the field.

Now this is my idea to change a bit that Arcanine: change Moxie for Intimidate on Salamence, in this way you have 2 Intimidate users in your team, and you can get rid of W-o-W on Arcanine, which is a slow W-o-W user (compared to Gengar or Pranksters). Then an Impish nature instead of a Bold one, because we are going to use Wild Charge (a good answer to Mega Charizard Y if your Mega Salamence is not on the field, hitting Talonflame too) instead of W-o-W and Overheat (despite the -SpA nature, it's going to hit hard anyway) instead of Morning Sun to get some OHKO with a Fire type move.

0 Atk Arcanine Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 90-108 (48.6 - 58.3%) -- 95.7% chance to 2HKO
0- SpA Arcanine Overheat vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Bisharp: 176-210 (124.8 - 148.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0- SpA Arcanine Overheat vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Mega Mawile: 134-158 (85.3 - 100.6%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
0 Atk Arcanine Wild Charge vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 98-116 (63.6 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (that it's a OHKO after a Brave Bird damage)

So we can get a lot of damage without even investing EVs
You should also see this:

0 Atk Arcanine Bulldoze vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 72-88 (43.3 - 53%) -- 13.7% chance to 2HKO

If you can't even get a 2HKO with a ground move on Heatran, there's no point in having Bulldoze.. maybe Extreme Speed to get some revenge kills? Or even Helping Hand!

@Last edit: Your team does not support an Earthquake, but you can run Rock Slide AND of course Protect on M-Mence, instead of EQ and FireBlast. And 252Atk/252Speed if it's SashBreloom - no point in giving 252Spd.
Thanks guys, you've been alot of help with improving my team :D
pls dont be upset if i dont change somethings that you've recommened its just there are certain things such as this specific arcanine build
that i prefer, even though it may not be the best choice, its all about having fun (even though i sometimes get over competitive Kappa)
"Now this is my idea to change a bit that Arcanine: change Moxie for Intimidate on Salamence, in this way you have 2 Intimidate users in your team"
Correction, there are 3 Intimidate users so I would keep Moxie and swap out Earthquake or Fireblast for Protect.

And Bullet Seed is better than seed bomb on technican Breloom.
(Feb 4, 2015, 07:30 PM)Animekid7 Wrote: Thanks guys, you've been alot of help with improving my team :D
pls dont be upset if i dont change somethings that you've recommened its just there are certain things such as this specific arcanine build
that i prefer, even though it may not be the best choice, its all about having fun (even though i sometimes get over competitive Kappa)

Yeah no problem :D We can't know how you feel like having such moves, we can just give you some ideas for optimal sets, but if showdown and Battle spot prove this team can work well, you shouldn't change it. Just think about Sejun's Pachirisu: it was so functional in his team.. it became the MVP of the tournament.

(Feb 4, 2015, 07:36 PM)z2porygon Wrote: "Now this is my idea to change a bit that Arcanine: change Moxie for Intimidate on Salamence, in this way you have 2 Intimidate users in your team"
Correction, there are 3 Intimidate users so I would keep Moxie and swap out Earthquake or Fireblast for Protect.

And Bullet Seed is better than seed bomb on technican Breloom.

Oh i forgot about Hitmontop.. so he can keep Moxie SMence.. because of 3 Intimidates users against Milotic or Bisharp could be a disaster lol. Flash Fire Arcanine as last option if he prefers Intimidate on SMence
Wow, I'm so late on this but this team is really good! Justin showed it to me, and I really am impressed! Your team building really has come a long way!
50 thousand people used to live here...Now it's a ghost town.
(May 4, 2015, 01:38 PM)Rogue Wrote: Wow, I'm so late on this but this team is really good! Justin showed it to me, and I really am impressed! Your team building really has come a long way!
Thanks Rouge, that really puts a smile to my face Smile
(May 4, 2015, 03:03 PM)naitre Wrote: [Image: rmRrLcr.gif]

I followed Rogue here. :') You make me so proud, Anime.
Heart thanks