Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Always Sunny in Philidelphia
Hey guys! Recently I made spreads for Leafeon that include a set for sweeping and support. A little after this build I tried to form a team around it. Although it took a little longer than I planned, I finally have come up with a pretty solid sun team (even though I'm known for rain teams) so tell me what you guys think and make sure to leave suggestions.

[Image: leafeon_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49ei.gif]

Leafeon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Level: 50
EVs: 164 HP / 20 Atk / 204 Def / 120 SpD
Impish Nature
- Baby-Doll Eyes
- Worry Seed
- Protect
- Knock Off

Leafeon is a very underrated eeveelution. This is the exact set I made up in the competitive builds forum. All its info is here: http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-VGC-VGC...er-Support

[Image: charizard_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a438r.gif]

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 44 SpA / 20 SpD / 188 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Pretty standard Charizard set. Hits hard and can take hits. Since the sun is out water isnt really that threatening, but rocks show to be Zard's worst nightmare. This set allows Charizard to live a rock slide from Garchomp.

252 Atk Garchomp Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 156-184 (84.3 - 99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This is more of a VGC 14 set and to be honest I was too lazy to create one on my own so there it is Kappa.

[Image: heatran_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49iw.gif]

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 36 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

While scarfed Heatran is becoming more popular, sun teams are as well. This set makes a speedy powerful fire type.

[Image: hydreigon_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49ho.gif]

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 188 HP / 76 Def / 204 SpA / 36 SpD / 4 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

Standard Orbed Hydreigon. Nothing more, nothing less.

[Image: terrakion_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48w9.gif]

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Protect

Just when you thought it couldnt get anymore standard KappaHD

[Image: jellicent_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49h6.gif]

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Icy Wind
- Recover

Finally some change. Recently at Madison regionals I believe, someone came back from a 1-3 deficit to win. Leading this comeback was everyones favorite Ghost Pringles fish thing. This Jellicent can live a Shadow Ball form Aegislash, Dark Pulse Hydreigon, and much more. Dont believe me, here the proof:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 172+ SpD Jellicent: 164-194 (79.2 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

100+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 172+ SpD Jellicent: 114-134 (55 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

64 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 172+ SpD Jellicent: 98-116 (47.3 - 56%) -- 21.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 84 Def Jellicent: 91-108 (43.9 - 52.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 172+ SpD Jellicent: 102-120 (49.2 - 57.9%) -- 46.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

All in all this sun team may not be the best, but it is still pretty fun to use. Leafeon is good support and helps catch your opponent off guard. Jellicent also serves good support being backed up by pure power from everything else.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
*cough*
[Insert signature here]
he has everything idk what you mean
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
I like the Heatran + Hydreigon + Jellicent core.

That M-CharY spread is fine and it's the best set at the moment (enough bulk to take an unboosted non-STAB Rock Slide from everything, it outspeeds Land-T after an Icy Wind and the Modest nature also gives it a great damage output)

However i have to ask you some things: 1) why that bulk on Hydreigon? Is the EV spread a mistake? Timid 4 EV doesn't make sense or am i missing something? 2) Is HP Ice on Heatran able to pick any OHKO or it's only a coverage move? because you are not running much SpA investment in my opinion 3) Whimsicott gets priority Worry Seed and Knock Off too.. i mean Leafeon doesn't put any offensive pressure except for putting physical attackers at -1 with priority or Knocking Off items,  but it is too slow to run something like Worry Seed, as you want to disable Parental Bond before a Double-Edge. Taunt also shuts this set down. Whimsicott offers Tailwind and Prankster Worry Serd that would help CharY a lot (anyway i don't like Whimsicott and i'm just suggesting this to you because it fullfills the same support role of Leafeon but better)
(Jun 13, 2015, 03:59 PM)GMX Wrote: I like the Heatran + Hydreigon + Jellicent core.

That M-CharY spread is fine and it's the best set at the moment (enough bulk to take an unboosted non-STAB Rock Slide from everything, it outspeeds Land-T after an Icy Wind and the Modest nature also gives it a great damage output)

However i have to ask you some things: 1) why that bulk on Hydreigon? Is the EV spread a mistake? Timid 4 EV doesn't make sense or am i missing something? 2) Is HP Ice on Heatran able to pick any OHKO or it's only a coverage move? because you are not running much SpA investment in my opinion 3) Whimsicott gets priority Worry Seed and Knock Off too.. i mean Leafeon doesn't put any offensive pressure except for putting physical attackers at -1 with priority or Knocking Off items,  but it is too slow to run something like Worry Seed, as you want to disable Parental Bond before a Double-Edge. Taunt also shuts this set down. Whimsicott offers Tailwind and Prankster Worry Serd that would help CharY a lot (anyway i don't like Whimsicott and i'm just suggesting this to you because it fullfills the same support role of Leafeon but better)

I run HP ice on Heatran for coverage mainly to cripple Garchomp and Lando T. To be honest I never use HP ice as a first choice I usually use it when heatran is at low enough HP to make it useless. Hydreigon is a bulky pokemon and should be treated as such. Keeping this thing alive for as long as possible puts added pressure on any opponent. Whimsicott might get priority worry seed and knock off but it wont live to use both without focus sash and with double targeting it most likely wont get to survive the whole match. Leafeon isnt made to add offensive pressure just to support and catch people off guard.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
(Jun 12, 2015, 01:39 PM)Marcusube Wrote: *cough*

(Jun 12, 2015, 04:45 PM)Chimchared7 Wrote: he has everything idk what you mean

Yeah let me withdraw that inappropriate comment lol.

Mudkip, you have a decent team here. The weaknesses are well balanced out and the team has a lot of offensive options. What concerns me is if the opponent has the presence of speed controlling moves particularly Thunder Wave. None of your Pokemon are immune to Electric and most of them rely on speed to do their job.

Your team may have issues against Trick Room as well since the only slow Pokemon are Jellicent and Hydreigon, both who can't stop redirection or hyper offensive Trick Room Pokemon such as M-Camerupt (beside a Storm Drain Pokemon), Escavalier Lum Berry set, Amoonguss or Tyranitar. Sure you have two Fire types for Amoonguss but after Trick Room gets set up, it gets off its Spore before you can Overheat it.

For your Leafeon set, I honestly think that you would value carrying Leaf Blade. In games where Charizard Y takes the bullet or doesn't come at all, you are going to need a means to deal with tanks such as Gastrodon, Jellicent, Rhyperior, Suicune and Milotic. I recognized this support Leafeon set however I'm still not sure of how efficient it would be in VGC. The Worry Seed idea actually doesn't work as effectively as I thought it would have as I learnt while practicing on Showdown with my Mega Medicham team so I would scrap it and Baby Doll Eyes is really a bad use of a turn seeing as how it only affects one opponent and only drops the attack stage by 1. Sure it makes surviving Rock Slides with Charizard easier but you're better off just running Tickle, Helping Hand, Fake Tears, Synthesis or Charm for support moves

That's about it as for sets and EV spreads. I really think you need a Taunter on this team and perhaps a Pokemon with Intimidate and Wide Guard to stop Landorus-T, Gardevoir, Sylveon, Suicune, Milotic and Jellicent from getting in any spread moves. I agree with GMX that Whimsicott would do better as a support mon for this team but the surprise factor from Leafeon is too good to pass up.
[Insert signature here]