Poll: What do you think of this team?
Little to no issues
Improve the EVs on a couple of these Pokemon
Change/replace at least one member of the team
Sets need to be reconsidered and maybe some Pokemon
[Show Results]

Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Conquering the Earth: Ray-Ogre + Double Genie Team (VGC 2016)
(Feb 12, 2016, 07:54 AM)DanielJames Wrote: Scizor is a great replacement for Ferrothorn. The first match I tested it, my opponent lead with a Cresselia and I knocked it out in two turns. Plus, applying offensive pressure with a +2 Bullet Punch is great.

Just wondering though, Ferrothorn is there to wear down opposing kyogres, fairies and physical attackers especially with rocky helmet. If it's replaced by scizor, there'll be no kyogre and physical attackers check; and you'll have another mon that needs a setup. I agree though that breaking through protects/guards is a valuable thing.

People who tried scizor over ferrothorn, was there an instance that you wanted ferrothorn instead? I'm sorry I haven't tried it yet, too busy soft resetting mew.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

AwESOME!
(Feb 13, 2016, 08:17 AM)jouzea Wrote:
(Feb 12, 2016, 07:54 AM)DanielJames Wrote: Scizor is a great replacement for Ferrothorn. The first match I tested it, my opponent lead with a Cresselia and I knocked it out in two turns. Plus, applying offensive pressure with a +2 Bullet Punch is great.

Just wondering though, Ferrothorn is there to wear down opposing kyogres, fairies and physical attackers especially with rocky helmet. If it's replaced by scizor, there'll be no kyogre and physical attackers check; and you'll have another mon that needs a setup. I agree though that breaking through protects/guards is a valuable thing.

People who tried scizor over ferrothorn, was there an instance that you wanted ferrothorn instead? I'm sorry I haven't tried it yet, too busy soft resetting mew.

You bring up a great point. I did notice that I had more trouble with opposing Kyogre, especially other Ray-Ogre teams. I'm thinking that possibly a way around it would be to make Thundurus more invested in special attack so it can hit Kyogre harder. I haven't ran any damage calcs but maybe it's an alternative to not using Ferrothorn?
(Feb 13, 2016, 07:20 PM)DanielJames Wrote:
(Feb 13, 2016, 08:17 AM)jouzea Wrote:

You bring up a great point. I did notice that I had more trouble with opposing Kyogre, especially other Ray-Ogre teams. I'm thinking that possibly a way around it would be to make Thundurus more invested in special attack so it can hit Kyogre harder. I haven't ran any damage calcs but maybe it's an alternative to not using Ferrothorn?

I see. I don't think thundurus can one on one kyogre though. And the lost of bulk will mean less turns for thundurus to cripple opposing xerneas or other fast opponents. It's been two weeks since i last played vgc2016, so i'm not aware of new threats that thundurus should cripple.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

Just wanted to say anyone can update the team however they feel like needs to be done. Currently I have Togekiss out of my rotation in placement of the Scizor set since Ferrothorn can help deal with Primal Kyogre mirrors and deal residual damage as what @jouzea mentioned. I've also like to mention is that I've completely switch the EV's spreads on both Primal Kyogre and Scizor in favor or those shown on Jamie Boyt's Regional Winning team. The change was to let Scizor live two Hyper Voices from Mega Salamence, have a full-power Water Spout faint a 4 HP Mega Kang (might need redirection to do this, and have Scald + Extreme Speed OHKO Kang (@GMX told me about this one). This team will be retired for further laddering sessions on my end since likely people will use it, but I'll work with other team ideas in the meantime.

Scizor @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
Level: 50
EVs: 188 HP / 204 Atk / 116 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance
- Feint

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
Level: 50
EVs: 108 HP / 68 Def / 76 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

@Black117 please start making youtube videos! I think the community would support it!
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
agree ^
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

Previously known as Julia234
I have a question about the scizor, @Black117. I haven't checked Jamie Boyt's set yet, but what is he trying to underspeed with its 29 IV Spe?
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?

(Feb 15, 2016, 03:39 PM)jouzea Wrote: I have a question about the scizor, @Black117. I haven't checked Jamie Boyt's set yet, but what is he trying to underspeed with its 29 IV Spe?

Yeah I'll dismiss this requirement since Cresselia can always be "slower" in trick room with a min speed, 0 IV in speed, and such. Definitely just run the full 31 IVs for speed.
(Feb 15, 2016, 03:56 PM)Black117 Wrote:
(Feb 15, 2016, 03:39 PM)jouzea Wrote: I have a question about the scizor, @Black117. I haven't checked Jamie Boyt's set yet, but what is he trying to underspeed with its 29 IV Spe?

Yeah I'll dismiss this requirement since Cresselia can always be "slower" in trick room with a min speed, 0 IV in speed, and such. Definitely just run the full 31 IVs for speed.

I see, thanks! Might try it out some time
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

so a journeyer?