Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Is it Finally Good Enough for VGC DB?
How about a choice band on talon flame? It'll give more power than Life orb with Gale wings for brave bird. However you'll be locked in, which would be nice to have a bulky poke to switch in for talon flame
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

Previously known as Julia234
(Feb 10, 2016, 05:36 PM)Marcusube Wrote: I'm up front disagreeing with the 2 previous comments in relation to Talonflame. Talonflame is great for cleaning up, setting up Tailwind and taking out Pokemon such as Liepard, M-Gengar, Whimsicott, Crobat (possibly) and Amoonguss before they can pull any shenanigans. Life Orb is your best bet for an item for Talonflame

This ^. And as i said in my post, you can give also give it taunt or quick guard for support. Taunt for those status or for Xerneas to stop geomancy. Quick guard for those fakeouts or pranksters.
I'm a logger
recorder
diarier?

I record my Pokemon journey in this diary

so a journeyer?

First off, if this team where to compete with the actual VGC 2016 format its going to lose far more often with the prevalence of restricted Pokemon like the primals, Mega Ray, Xerneas, Yveltal, Dialga, etc. You'll need to make considerable changes to make this team work such as adding those restricted legends.

I'm going to make heavy changes to the team to make it work on the regular Battle Spot Doubles ladder, not VGC 16 since it can do much against them. Stall in VGC 2015 isn't as viable since in doubles people will either double target or just use taunt to prevent opposing setup. If this team I'm about to recommend to you doesn't suit your playstyle, then use your team for Battle Spot Doubles.

If this where VGC 2015 (which I'll rate this team off of), it still needs to be worked on to at least to make it good enough. Physical Aegislash doesn't achieve several OHKOs compared with the special or specially mixed sets with Shadow Ball, Flash Cannon, Shadow Sneak, etc. STAB Shadow Ball does so much damage against the opposing Pokemon as well as the 20% chance to drop the special attack. Weakness Policy boosted special attacks won't likely receive any drops unless of course Aegislash is facing a Snarl user which it will still do a respectable damage with +1 Shadow Ball/Flash Cannon. If anything, Aegislash could opt for Wide Guard to protect its teammates from spread damage like Earthquake given this team is weak to it.

To be honest, Belly Drum Azumarill with an Amoonguss (yes replacing Clefable) can form a great core since Amoonguss can redirect attacks away from the opposing side, put things to sleep, and get Belly Drum Azu to sweep with +6 Aqua Jets. Sitrus Berry on Azumarill is appreciated so you have a healthy amount of HP to take neutral hits better. Talonflame should still be Life Orb with the moveset Brave Bird, Flare Blitz (or Overheat to avoid Aegislash's King's Shield), Quick Guard to stop all priority attacks cold and Tailwind for speed control.

Lastly, I know for sure you won't like these two but try out Trick Room Mega Gardervoir and slow Tyranitar with Ice Beam (for Landorus-T/Mence). Trick Room Mega Gardevoir can reverse the speed orders of all Pokemon so you can fire off powerful Hyper Voices and let you own slow Pokemon be faster. Amoonguss is probably Mega Gardy's best partner as it redirects attacks away from the her as Gardevoir setups Trick Room or gets off an attack. Finally Tyranitar can be added on this team to help combat Mega Charizard Y who is the biggest threat to the team with Rock Slides and fire off Ice Beams. You can try either Crunch or Assurance as T-tar's last STAB option. Crunch does more  immediate damage without setup while Assurance doubles its power to 120 if one of your Pokemon targets down the same opposing mon from the opponent. Then again with Kangaskhan being so common, Superpower is a nice alternative to smack the kangaroo with massive damage. Try this team out on the battle spot doubles ladder if you want since it still VGC 15 just without the 15 minute timer.

You can still use your team if you like instead of this one, though at least try this one in the spoiler section out if you like.

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy  
Ability: Stance Change  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 140 SpA / 100 SpD / 12 Spe  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Shadow Ball  
- Flash Cannon  
- Wide Guard  
- King's Shield  

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Huge Power