Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[VGC] I'M BACK
I took a short break from competitive battling, but I'm back with a new team around Mega Metagross. Any feedback is appreciated!

[Image: 1405113183-mega-metagross.png]

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 220 HP / 52 Atk / 20 Def / 36 SpD / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Substitute
- Protect

The set listed here was found on these forums. I like the idea of a slightly more bulky Metagross to help it last longer. Substitute has come in handy when trying to avoid Sucker Punch or Will-O-Wisp. Iron Head and Zen Headbutt are self-explanatory STAB attacks. Protect is vital, especially when Mega Evolving to get the speed increase. I am missing out on some coverage though. I'd love to use Earthquake or Hammer Arm, but Substitute works too well with this set to give up.

[Image: hydreigon_by_elaynii-d49ipmu.png]

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

Hydreigon has fantastic synergy with Metagross, being able to cover it's Dark and Ground-type weaknesses. Plus, it has a diverse movepool that deals with a wide variety of Pokémon. It also checks Steel-types such as Mega Mawile, Heatran, and Ferrothorn. Not much else to say here, except that Hydreigon packs a punch.

[Image: latest?cb=20141113215523]

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Protect

STAB boosted Rock Slide is all I need to say. Actually, Terrakion can be used for much more than that. Having Quick Guard support is necessary when dealing with Fake Out and Prankster users. I find myself leading with Terrakion quite a bit. He applies offensive pressure out the gate and deals with Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Charizard, two Pokémon that can be annoying to battle against.

[Image: sylveon_by_niekkk-d5v9ii4.png]

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Hyper Beam

Pixilate+Hyper Voice+STAB = That's about all the analysis I need to give about Sylveon.

[Image: voltros_by_xous54-d334ga9.png]

Thundurus (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 192 HP / 76 Def / 220 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Slowing down opponents is the name of the game for Thundurus. Sylveon and Metagross (before Mega Evolving) are slow so being able to have priority Thunder Wave is handy. This is a pretty standard Thundurus set so I shouldn't have to go into too much detail here.

[Image: 20141231094314!245Suicune_OS_anime_5.png]

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 196 HP / 172 Def / 68 SpA / 72 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Snarl
- Tailwind

When trying to determine who should fill the last slot, I noticed I didn't have any bulky Water-type Pokémon on my team. Suicune was the obvious answer for a few reasons: Speed control, coverage, and lowering opponent's special attack.
Welcome Back
Love Metagross and the team. You have to hit me up for a battle sometime!
(Jul 10, 2015, 02:19 PM)IceyGamer Wrote: Love Metagross and the team. You have to hit me up for a battle sometime!

Thanks! And I'm down. I'm free all weekend so feel free to add my FC and I'll add yours.