Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[ORAS] Need help with battle spot doubles team.
I mostly play battle spot singles so I thought it would be fun to build a doubles team. So I'm looking for any suggestions for a last pokemon and any other obvious changes that should be made. Please keep in mind this is just for fun on battle spot I'm not looking for a super competitive build.
edit: I didn't notice until just now that I have so many crossover weakness' but like I said before I'm open to changing some stuff around.

Mawile-Mega @ mawilite
Ability: Huge Power
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Protect

Jellicent @ leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Trick Room

Cresselia @ rockyhelmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tyranitar @ assaultvest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Low Kick
- Ice Beam

Heatran @ safetygoggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Flash
- Earth Power
- Protect
An ammoungous might help add bulk. But a Pokemon like meowstic or Klefki would help out with support. And either rotom heat or rotom wash look like they could be happy on your team too.
(Jul 6, 2015, 08:01 AM)Confused Q Wrote: An ammoungous might help add bulk.  But a Pokemon like meowstic or Klefki would help out with support. And either rotom heat or rotom wash look like they could be happy on your team too.

Ok thanks I'll try so me of those out!
What I see here is a fairly functional Trick Room team.You have successfully found a check to the immediate Trick Room counter, Amoonguss, which is your Safety Goggles Heatran so I'll give you that. The problem here, is that all of your Pokemon are slow and aside from Cresselia and possibly Jellicent, you are going to have major issues with your Ground weakness to Landorus-T, Garchomp, Excadrill and Rhyperior. What I'm saying is if the opponent manages to stop you from getting up Trick Room then your team gets demolished by faster mons. Another thing is you have too many 252/252 EV spreads which tell me that this isn't really a serious team (as you mentioned). The problem with that is Battle Spot is super competitive meaning that people with strong teams will be beating you a majority of the time and losing isn't fun. Before I can assist you with this team, you have some show and tell to do.

We need videos of team testing, damage calculations, why you picked X Pokemon and everything else (check out the Rate My Team notice thread).

You have an abundance of special attackers on your team. This imbalance means that moves such as Snarl and Calm Mind or even items such as Assault Vest put a majority of your team in check.

When you get your team into Trick Room mode, you are going to have issues getting off attacks especially if you lead with Mawile + Cresselia/Jellicent

The lack of redirection or Fake Out support will hinder you in getting up Trick Room especially since Cresselia isn't running a Mental Herb.

Even though you have one check for Amoonguss, you still need Taunt to stop status moves primarily sleep inducing, burn inducing, Perish Song, Disable and Encore.

You don't need to fully invest into Attack with Mega Mawile. It has 105 base attack plus Huge Power meaning at base you have 250 attack without investments which is insane by its own right. I suggest investing to survive attacks such as Earthquake, possibly Heat Wave, Fighting moves from Gallade/Medicham/Terrakion etc. Check the Pokemon Global Link for usage stats so you can make your EV spread more unique and meaningful

You don't really need to cut Jellicent's speed since not many things in Trick Room aren't faster even with the 0 IVs and hindering nature. Otherwise this Jellicent is good barring the EV spread.

Trick Room, Calm Mind, Ice Beam/Moonblast/Psychic and Moonlight is a stronger Trick Room set in my opinion. It stops Cresselia from getting destroy immediately by Hydreigon and Aegislash and allows it to boost its mediocre special attack and raise its special defense allowing it to tank Hyper Voices,Thunderbolts and all other moves. Moonlight, of course, is for recovery

I would scrap Tyranitar for Rhyperior solely to remove the annoyance of the residual damage from Sand Stream every turn plus with the Solid Rock ability you take less from super effective hits. Also Rhyperior sports better STAB moves, same level movepool, lower speed which is ideal for Trick Room and is an amazing physical Trick Room Sweeper.

A SubLefties Heatran set would work better for a Trick Room Team so kick out Flash Cannon. To be honest, Flash Cannon doesn't do anything that Heat Wave and Earth Power can't other than hit Fairies which don't threaten your team one bit. If you opt for SubLefties, give Jellicent a Sitrus Berry or Mental Herb.

Last, but not least, I recommend using Amoonguss or Scrafty as your final team member. It really comes down to preference. Scrafty has Intimidate support, Fake Out, a wide offensive movepool and supportive movepool and has a lot of bulk with a strong recovery option (Drain Punch). Amoonguss has redirection, Spore, STAB Grass move (for those Gastrodon, Rotom-W and Swampert) and Regenerator to keep it around longer.
[Insert signature here]
On a side note, Conkeldurr actually does good too in place of Rhyperior/Tyranitar
[Insert signature here]
(Jul 6, 2015, 01:27 PM)Marcusube Wrote: On a side note, Conkeldurr actually does good too in place of Rhyperior/Tyranitar

Thanks for the suggestions. A few things before I saw your reply I had already replaced tyranitar with scrafty. I usually go 252/252 ev spreads because its eaiser. I know its not the best but that's just how I always do it. I did take your advice and make heatran sub-leftovers. I also replaced protect with moonlight on cresselia, but I would prefer to leave 2 attacking moves on it. I'm still not sure about my last spot and yeah I could use ryperior but I juat don't like him and I almost never use a pokemon I don't like.