Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Singles Team
It's been way too long since I battled. I've been keeping my knowledge on Pokemon fairly sharp by mentoring and giving advice to people in my school's video game club, but there's only so long before they hone their skills enough to the point that they don't need my help as much anymore. That, and I can tell that my Pokemon knowledge has clearly dulled, and is inferior to most people on this forum.

So here's my first attempt to get back into battling. Tell me what you think. Btw, the team isn't for anything big, just the tournaments that my school hold, so we don't really have that many restrictions on what we can use, except for a limit of 2 Ubers on a single team.

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Healing Wish

Latios @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 192 HP / 220 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
-

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: ?????
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

A couple of problems I could really use advice on:
Bisharp: Not sure on the last move, also not really sure about the set in general, but I really need it to cover the 2 ghost weaknesses I have
Rotom-Heat: Again, not really sure on the set or the EV's. I was intending on breeding a Bold Rotom, but I forgot and accidentally breed a Modest Rotom, so I'd like to build a set with Modest Rotom-H
I'm not sure about what to put in the last Pokemon slot.
Then, of course, I'm sure there's other problems that could be addressed that I'm not seeing.

I'd really appreciate some feedback and advice. I'm extremely open to replacing any of these Pokemon, except for Gardevoir. Would also be a little reluctant to get rid of Mega-Lucario. The rest can be replaced if they don't work well on the team.
(Feb 28, 2015, 11:13 PM)naitre Wrote: AV Bisharp? I don't really understand why you'd run it here. Are you afraid of the Latis?

Basically, yeah. Afraid of Latios. But now that you mention it, I can see why AV wouldn't be the best item. Modest Gardevoir can OHKO almost any Latios, as long as it doesn't have Sp.Def investment, which most don't.