Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] First VGC15 team
(May 19, 2015, 01:42 AM)GMX Wrote: That EV spread on Amoonguss :D 133 is not...right, it wastes EV. But in general i would suggest to use an Assault Vest Ludicolo on that slot, so that you have a fast pokemon in the rain to outspeed Landorus-T and fast threats such as Scarf Hydreigon and Greninja (which are not so popular but they would give problems to your team if you can't Thunder Wave them in time).

Then i would put Leftovers on Politoed instead of Heatran (simply because Leftovers works better with a Substitute Heatran, which is not your case).

Let's talk about Heatran. It deals with Ferrothorn and Scizor, but.. other than that? You have M-Metagross to OHKO both Sylveon, M-Gardevoir and 2HKO M-Mawile, you have Scald users to 2HKO Bisharp (or Earth Power Hydreigon which OHKO it).. so i would use something more functional for this team. Blaziken and Infernape are ideas, but they would add a weakness to Talonflame (shared with Amoonguss/Ludicolo). Blaziken could run Rock Slide to deal with M-CharY in case of a weather war, while Infernape offers Fake Out/Quick Guard support and a boosted Mach Punch. Another possibility is Arcanine for Intimidate + Snarl and W-o-W support or even Entei with Sacred Fire, Snarl and Stone Edge too.

Life Orb Hydreigon usually wants to run Protect (instead of Fire Blast).

the two 133 evs are fine, since you always have two extra evs that dont make a full stat
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
(May 19, 2015, 02:02 PM)MARSxVenom Wrote:
(May 19, 2015, 01:42 AM)GMX Wrote: That EV spread on Amoonguss :D 133 is not...right, it wastes EV. But in general i would suggest to use an Assault Vest Ludicolo on that slot, so that you have a fast pokemon in the rain to outspeed Landorus-T and fast threats such as Scarf Hydreigon and Greninja (which are not so popular but they would give problems to your team if you can't Thunder Wave them in time).

Then i would put Leftovers on Politoed instead of Heatran (simply because Leftovers works better with a Substitute Heatran, which is not your case).

Let's talk about Heatran. It deals with Ferrothorn and Scizor, but.. other than that? You have M-Metagross to OHKO both Sylveon, M-Gardevoir and 2HKO M-Mawile, you have Scald users to 2HKO Bisharp (or Earth Power Hydreigon which OHKO it).. so i would use something more functional for this team. Blaziken and Infernape are ideas, but they would add a weakness to Talonflame (shared with Amoonguss/Ludicolo). Blaziken could run Rock Slide to deal with M-CharY in case of a weather war, while Infernape offers Fake Out/Quick Guard support and a boosted Mach Punch. Another possibility is Arcanine for Intimidate + Snarl and W-o-W support or even Entei with Sacred Fire, Snarl and Stone Edge too.

Life Orb Hydreigon usually wants to run Protect (instead of Fire Blast).

the two 133 evs are fine, since you always have two extra evs that dont make a full stat

True, but that's not what i meant. It's not the same thing as a 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe spread, which "is fine", but if you put a 133 Def / 133 SpD spread it means there's something wrong (maybe a mistaken copy/paste EV spread from another source? i don't know), especially when every other EV spread of his team is not using those 2 wasted EVs.