Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Help Please!!!
Exclamation 
So I am new to the competitive scene and I need some help with my team. In all 5 battles that I have played today, I've only won one(in one instance, I didn't get a single scratch my opponent's Pokemon). Maybe it  has something to do with my team and I would really like some feedback.

This is for the VGC 2016 format

My team goes in the order I added my Pokemon in:

[Image: 20120504111756%21Paul_Weavile.png]
Pendulum(Weavile) @ Life Orb  
Ability: Pressure  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Icicle Crash  
- Knock Off  
- Substitute  
- Swords Dance  
First up is weavile. I chose weavile mostly because it looks cool Wink. Joking aside, this Pokemon has come through for me multiple times and almost always goes first. It will forever be my glass cannon. Knock off is good for getting rid of Leftovers or a Life Orb. Substitute into a Swords Dance is very useful as well. The EV spread is to be full on physical sweeper and a dragon buster at that. Not willing to change the EV spread.

[Image: tumblr_lzgci9STRk1qd8t4mo1_500.gif]
Plinth(Marowak) @ Thick Club  
Ability: Lightning Rod  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Double-Edge  
- Earthquake  
- Bonemerang  
- Rock Slide  

Marowak helps against Weavile's weakness to Fighting. Rock slide is for hacks(got a couple of flinches here and there :P ). Bonemerang for 200 damage as well as Earthquake for both targets. Double-Edge is kind of a random addition. Thick Club doubles the power of Marowak's physical attacks(yet to find one in game though  Dodgy ). Lightning Rod will be explained later. Meant to be played as a bulky attacker with its EV's in HP and Attack. Open to any changes you have to offer.

[Image: Volkner_Luxray_(1).png]
Pallet(Luxray) @ Leftovers  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpA  
Lonely Nature  
- Discharge  
- Signal Beam  
- Wild Charge  
- Superpower  

Intimidate for lowering physical attacks. Discharge will be useful when Marowak is out as he will be immune. Wild charge for STAB and targeting Flying and Water types. Signal Beam for Grass, Ghost, and Dark. This is meant to be an offensive attacker with a little bulk with 252 HP and attack with 252 Atk. Open to any changes. Wanted an electric type that knew a fighting type move to prevent Water and Ice types from walking all over Marowak. Open to any changes.

[Image: 1757892-kim_tentacruel.png]
Pinion(Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge  
Ability: Clear Body  
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe  

Bold Nature  
- Toxic Spikes  
- Acupressure  
- Scald  
- Safeguard  

Toxic Spikes for poisoning Pokemon when coming out, have yet to use it safely...
Accupressure to just go all over my stats and last on my field a little bit longer
Scald for water damage and possible burnage Cool
Safeguard for insurance :D
Chose a poison type to resist Fairy types
Most of my team is weak to special attacks, so his EV's are in 240 Def and adding bulk with 252 HP
Don't want to get rid of Accupressure, open to anything else

[Image: Lucario-absol-vs-lucario-22451535-800-450.png]
RYOLO(Lucario-Mega) @ Lucarionite  
Ability: Adaptability  
Jolly Nature  
- Bullet Punch  
- Blaze Kick  
- Close Combat  
- Extreme Speed  

MY FAVORITE POKEMON EVER!!!
Bullet Punch for priority and a Fairy killing move
Blaze kick for covering Grass,Steel,Ground
Close Combat for STAB and for Steel,Rock, and Normal(mainly Kangashkan :P )
Extreme Speed for priority as well
This will be another Physical sweeper along with weavile, this will also help with its weakness to Fairy with Bullet Punch

[Image: staraptor-73979.jpg]
Staraptor @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature  
- Brave Bird  
- U-turn  
- Aerial Ace  
- Close Combat  

Fastest bird alive!
U-turn to get out of dangerous situations
Close Combat for coverage
Aerial Ace to finish off a target
Brave Bird activates Reckless and boosts its power
Also protected by Electric type moves with Marowak Smile
Staraptor is the last sweeper and close to being a glass cannon because of its typing. It can serve as protecting weavile from his 4x Fighting weakness

Please let me know of any changes of movesets, EV spread, items, or if I need to kick off a team member and replace with someone better(hope I don't have to do this).

Thank you in advance :D
You're missing a couple things for the members of the forum to be able to properly critique your team, please refer to this: http://pokemonforever.com/Thread-IMPORTA...NG-A-BUILD so you can make the necessary changes
~Visit PokemonForever's Twitter Page~
Ha! You've underestimated my stupidity.
~Virtual Polygon Duck of Team Forum~