Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Idea for Sp.Wall Empoleon
I have an idea for speacial wall Empoleon and I am asking for your oppinion if it's no big deal.

Moveset:
Yawn; this is a move which forces out my opponent out or has them stay in fall asleep
Stealth rock; this will make it a great Opening pokemon. Also a great combo with Yawn, if they do switch out they will get hurt by stealth rocks... Or if I yawn first turn and they do decide to switch out, I get free set up.
Protect; primaraly for scouting, I can see one of the pokemons moves or a trick they are trying to make so i can plan my next move.
Flash cannon/Scald/Hydro Pump; All three moves are stab, each have a use to it. Flash cannon lowers Sp Def, Scald for burn (that is if they can't get Yawned of course) and Hydro Pump for just pure power.

Item: Sitrus Berry

Nature: Calm

EV 252 HP 252 Sp.def

I would love some feed back from you guys if that is no hassle what can I Improve. Thank you
Not bad I guess though I would run Leftovers over Sitrus Berry
[Insert signature here]
(Jun 7, 2015, 12:11 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Not bad I guess though I would run Leftovers over Sitrus Berry
Well this is for a official pokemon team not for Smogon. My Leftovers is with another wall, Cradily. Since its Official rules no Duplicate items.
If you don't have a water type other than empoleon on your team I would go with scald. Its just an all around good move with that burn chance. Burn would also cripple physical attackers which is what you'd want with a sp tank.
(Jun 7, 2015, 12:46 PM)Curtistharder Wrote:
(Jun 7, 2015, 12:11 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Not bad I guess though I would run Leftovers over Sitrus Berry
Well this is for a official pokemon team not for Smogon. My Leftovers is with another wall, Cradily. Since its Official rules no Duplicate items.

If you mean "for VGC" which is Double Battles, i don't think this set can work, for 3 reasons:

1) While Empoleon has a great Water/Steel typing, it is too slow to work outside Trick Room teams because the opponent can double target it to KO in just one turn.
2) You waste one or even two turn to setup Yawn and Stealth Rock, which are not common moves in VGC because the games are fast paced, while you could invest more in Special Attack and hit with a strong Flash Cannon / Scald / Hydro Pump in those two turns, maybe getting a KO.
3) 252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 228-270 (119.3 - 141.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 168-200 (87.9 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Empoleon lacks physical bulk: Land-T and Terrakion are two of the most used pokemon in Battle Spot Doubles, and here are the calcs about their strongest move on your Empoleon set.

I have to admit i've always wanted to try Empoleon in VGC, but it doesn't have a great ability (Defiant on a Special Attacker is a waste) and it must be under Trick Room to perform decently.
(Jun 7, 2015, 12:51 PM)MyNamesG Wrote: If you don't have a water type other than empoleon on your team I would go with scald. Its just an all around good move with that burn chance. Burn would also cripple physical attackers which is what you'd want with a sp tank.

I don't know if that would be the Best idea, if I do get a burn I can't Yawn then. Ice beam is also a choice because I don't have a Ice move on my team. And Glyscor is a huge threat to my team
(Jun 7, 2015, 12:56 PM)GMX Wrote:

If you mean "for VGC" which is Double Battles, i don't think this set can work, for 3 reasons:

1) While Empoleon has a great Water/Steel typing, it is too slow to work outside Trick Room teams because the opponent can double target it to KO in just one turn.
2) You waste one or even two turn to setup Yawn and Stealth Rock, which are not common moves in VGC because the games are fast paced, while you could invest more in Special Attack and hit with a strong Flash Cannon / Scald / Hydro Pump in those two turns, maybe getting a KO.
3) 252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 228-270 (119.3 - 141.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 168-200 (87.9 - 104.7%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Empoleon lacks physical bulk: Land-T and Terrakion are two of the most used pokemon in Battle Spot Doubles, and here are the calcs about their strongest move on your Empoleon set.

I have to admit i've always wanted to try Empoleon in VGC, but it doesn't have a great ability (Defiant on a Special Attacker is a waste) and it must be under Trick Room to perform decently.
It's not for VGC it's same rules as Battle spot Ranking but for 6v6
(Jun 7, 2015, 01:06 PM)Curtistharder Wrote:
(Jun 7, 2015, 12:56 PM)GMX Wrote:

It's not for VGC it's same rules as Battle spot Ranking but for 6v6

Oh ok you mean that. Well, i'm not an expert of Singles, so.. i can't help you in this case  Undecided