Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] My VGC Team
Hello there! I have been using this team for quite a while now, and have made many alterations to it. It has served me very well recently, but I am still trying to improve it. This team isn't made to be a specialized team, but I am open to options.

[Image: metagross-mega.gif]
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body, Tough Claws (Mega)
Adamant Nature
EV's: 252 Hp, 252 Atk, 4 Spd
- Bullet Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Protect

This is my mega, and boy he is good. This is doubles, and you see a lot of Intimidate on the first turn. It doesn't matter to Metagross, because before he goes mega, he has clear body. I see loads of Landorus-T in doubles, but because of Mega Metagross's insane physical bulk, and my health investments, I can survive an Earthquake, and then fire off a Meteor Mash, and then Bullet Punch for the potential KO. Lets look at the stats, shall we?
252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Metagross: 204-242 (56 - 66.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (This is in doubles, so Earthquake is weakened)
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 255-300 (79.9 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-T: 112-133 (35.1 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
This also works against Kangaskhan and Mega Salamence.

[Image: milotic_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49ad.gif]
Milotic @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Competitive
Calm Nature
EV's: 252 Hp, 104 Def, 156 SpD
- Scald
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Here we go with Milotic, who has quickly become one of my favorite pokemon. This thing is just a tanky beast that can take out the likes of Kangaskhan, Landorus, Salamence, Heatran, Aegislash, Cresselia just to name a few. Scald is Scald. It is good damage and has a chance to burn. Ice Beam destroys the likes of Landorus and Salamence. Toxic is there to whittle down  tanky pokemon that would take many hits otherwise (see Cresselia, Suicune, Gastrodon). Recover is there to heal up any damage Milotic takes, and it is very good in stalling out pokemon. Competitive is an amazing ability were Snarl, Intimidate, and Icy Wind are more common. The EV's are very specific. They are meant to survive an Adament, 252 Mega Salamence using Double Edge:
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Salamence Double-Edge vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Milotic: 169-201 (83.6 - 99.5%)
Rocky Helmet is to Punish Kangaskhan for hitting me with an attack like Double Edge. It will take Milotic down low, but if the Kang is Jolly, it won't KO.

[Image: rhyperior_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a493w.gif]
Rhyperior @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Solid Rock
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 156 Def / 52 SpD / 4 Spe
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Ice Punch

Rhyperior is a beast. It is made to counter flying pokemon, specifically Zapdos and Thundurus. So long as the move isn't a Grass or Water type, Rhyperior is hard to kill. Lets just look at something:
252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 156 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 139-163 (62.6 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
This is a Mega Mawile we are talking about. Not even it can OHKO Rhyperior with a Super Effective attack. It can take a Low Kick from Kangaskhan and ko it back with Hammer Arm. Low Kick will barely do half! The Special Defense EV's are to survive a Flash Cannon from a 252 Modest Blade Form Aegislash (without a life orb). Ice Punch takes care of, you guessed it, Landorus and Salamence. I could replace it with Protect, but so far, I haven't found the need.

[Image: Amoonguss_XY.gif]
Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Protect
- Giga Drain

Amoongus is just what you expect from an Amoongus. The EV's aren't exactly perfect, but I like it. It will survive most Supereffective hits, and faints when it is double focus with powerful attacks. Also, I have an awesome shiny Amoongus.

[Image: chandelure_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a438y.gif]
Chandelure @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

Chandelure is, in my opinion, one of the greatest pokemon ever. With no bulk, it survives an Earth Power from a Heatran that isn't super offensive. It is amazing against Charizard Y. It is 3KOd by a Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice. It can outspeed a Mega Gengar, and KO it with Shadow Ball. Not to mention the fact that it has a very powerful Heat Wave. I chose to go Timid instead of Modest so I could outspeed an Adamant Landorus T with HP Ice. Have you realized that I really hate Landorus? Because I really hate Landorus.

[Image: breloom_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43ac.gif]
Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Protect
- Spore

Here is my final and, well, changeable pokemon. I have yet to find a good pokemon to fill this slot. I have fought many battles with this team, but the final pokemon never stays. It was Sylveon, then Serperior, and now Breloom. I guess I would like a pokemon that could eliminate Charizard Y and Heatran more easily. Those pokemon seem to be my biggest weakness.
I noticed that your team is made of pretty slow pokemon, excluding Mega-Metagross. Maybe I missed it, but I don't see a trick room user on your team, which would really help Amoonguss and Rhyperior. Just a thought.
(Jul 22, 2015, 02:20 PM)Revenant L Wrote: I noticed that your team is made of pretty slow pokemon, excluding Mega-Metagross. Maybe I missed it, but I don't see a trick room user on your team, which would really help Amoonguss and Rhyperior. Just a thought.

I don't have a trick room setter. I'll try it out with my support Audino. It has Trick Room, Knock Off, Heal Pulse, and Helping Hand.
Some of your Pokemon may be slow, but it definitely doesnt scream trick room, so the speed stats are not an issue to me. What I do have an issue with is some of the diversity here. I haven't seen amoongus and breloom on the same team at all, and perhaps you want to pick one over the other. Id say stick with one spore user (amoongus in my opinion) and replace the other with a decent alternative (perhaps scizor for breelom?). I also am not big on toxic for milotic, which could easily be protect or icy wind for speed control instead. Besides those nitpicks, the team looks solid. I've been running metagross for some time, and despite its absence in top tourney play, I think its a solid choice. Consider doing what I did by replacing meteor mash with Power-up punch For more coverage and guaranteed attack boosts to go along with priority bullet punch. +1 attack calcs can be pretty scary.

edit: have you tried hydreigon? it packs QUITE the punch With specs or life orb, has a good on-paper pairing with the metagross, and fits well into the team instead of breloom.
(Jul 22, 2015, 07:02 PM)El Miguel VGC Wrote: Some of your Pokemon may be slow, but it definitely doesnt scream trick room, so the speed stats are not an issue to me. What I do have an issue with is some of the diversity here. I haven't seen amoongus and breloom on the same team at all, and perhaps you want to pick one over the other. Id say stick with one spore user (amoongus in my opinion) and replace the other with a decent alternative (perhaps scizor for breelom?). I also am not big on toxic for milotic, which could easily be protect or icy wind for speed control instead. Besides those nitpicks, the team looks solid. I've been running metagross for some time, and despite its absence in top tourney play, I think its a solid choice. Consider doing what I did by replacing meteor mash with Power-up punch For more coverage and guaranteed attack boosts to go along with priority bullet punch. +1 attack calcs can be pretty scary.

edit: have you tried hydreigon? it packs QUITE the punch With specs or life orb, has a good on-paper pairing with the metagross, and fits well into the team instead of breloom.

I haven't tried Hydreigon yet. How would you run it? I will probably switch Toxic for Protect on Milotic (Icy Wind seems redundant with Ice Beam). I never thought about Power Up Punch on Metagross. I like the idea, but the damage seems a bit low, because even a +1 Bullet Punch does less than a Meteor Mash, and I had to use a turn to set up.
i also recommend you to use trick room on such a team with pokemons like rhyperior and amoongus which can disrupt strategies behind TR. you should be trying trick room on chandelure.