Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] New team for my second Premier Challenge
So another RMT post. My last Premier Challenge team did ok. I ended up going 2-3 which isn't terrible for my first ever live event. Now for my next challenge I would like do better. I kind of threw this team together with the help of someone in the ReplayFlynn last night and now I am asking for your opinions on what can be done to improve upon this.

[Image: milotic_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49ad.gif]

Milotic @ Assault Vest
Ability: Competitive
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 168 SpA / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Dragon Tail

Offensive Calculations:
168 SpA Milotic Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 192-228 (116.3 - 138.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
168 SpA Milotic Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 180-216 (98.3 - 118%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
168 SpA Milotic Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 102-122 (61 - 73%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
168 SpA Milotic Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Sceptile: 180-216 (124.1 - 148.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Defensive Calculations:
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Assault Vest Milotic: 80-96 (39.6 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA  Mega Venusaur Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Assault Vest Milotic: 68-84 (33.6 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4+ SpD Assault Vest Milotic: 78-92 (38.6 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Mega Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 12+ SpD Assault Vest Milotic: 120-144 (59.4 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

[Image: terrakion_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48w9.gif]

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Protect
- Quick Guard

196 Speed will allow me to outspeed a Jolly Mega Kang before tailwind.

[Image: scizor_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a492d.gif]

Scizor @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Knock Off
- Protect

[Image: charizard_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a438r.gif]

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Air Slash/Tailwind
- Protect

For this charizard, I am unsure about running Air Slash for coverage or if I should double up on tailwind incase my Whimsicott is either knocked out or not brought to the battle.

[Image: crobat_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43mt.gif]

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 92 SpD / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Cross Poison
- U-turn
- Taunt

[Image: whimsicott_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48os.gif]

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD
Bold Nature
- Beat Up
- Helping Hand
- Tailwind
- Giga Drain

This whimsicott I am completly unsure of. Beat Up for the obvious synergy with Terrakion and Tailwind to speed up the team. I thought of adding Helping Hand to make those +4 Rockslides from terrakion be even more devistating, but if something else better could be added I'd like to know. Also I am not completly sure on its EV spread or Item. Definatly need suggestions in that department.
I feel that overheat is a necessity for char y
#TeamForum

http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?6y...50|169|212
I see too many weaknesses so I try to re-glue the team. Also there are 3 possible tailwind users, you only need one. I decided to keep Milotic because it seems you like your build. I keep Terracott and Mega- Charizard Y.

Option 1: http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?6y...50|645|681
I added Landorus-T and Aegislash to balance the weaknesses. Landorus-T and Aegislash help with Thunderbolt, Rock Slide, Bird spam. I think Sun can be taken advantage of, even though there is a water weakness on the team. Aegislash helps against Trick Room teams and possible Wide Guard support.

Option 2: http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/?6y...50|468|530
I added Excadrill and Togekiss because it adds more strategies to the team as well as gluing the team together. Even though there are Ice-Weaknesses, Whimiscott and Charizard can get around the Ice-weakness they have.

Crobat was removed because the only reason I can think of using this pokemon is Tailwind and Poison coverage.
Scizor in the Sun!? I know that Scizor and Charizard probably would be brought together but Scizor has the Steel-Resistance on the team so it is possible that Scizor and Charizard may be together. Aegislash and Excadrill don't care too much about Fire-types since Aegislash has Wide Guard and Excadrill is a glass cannon.Rock Slide from Terrakion and Scald Milotic will scare your opponent's Fire-types.

Whimiscott build can be improved.

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Encore/Helping Hand
- Beat Up
- Giga Drain

Focus Sash Max Speed will allow Whimiscott to do something before going down. Encore is to catch protecting pokemon but I think Helping Hand will be more helpful.

Weakness: Rain Teams - Maybe Rotom-Wash or Amoonguss might help the team but if rain is up the battle is pretty much over. Milotic and Whimsicott cannot pull the team by themselves
The way I look at it with scizor and charizard together. Scizor will be afraid of any fire move, even a non stab fire move for coverage. Being in the sun or not won't change that 4x weakness. After testing my team a lot last night I found that the pokemon I barely ever brought was whimsicott. What I am thinking of doing would be to replace it with a Shiftry. Now this wil add a bunch of weaknesses to the team but it will have synergy with my charizard y in the sun, it can fake out, and still use beat up on terrakion if needed.

Shiftry @ Focus Sash
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Leaf Blade
- Beat Up
- Knock Off
I ran that same Milotic LOL