Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[DISCUSSION] Quick question
I have a quick quesion and I feel kinda silly for asking but I'm actually confused to something.

Can someone please telli me whats the point in running Baton pass on a choice specs Sylveon? I mean I get the point in using the 
specs to boost something like Hyper Voice but Baton pass kinda seems irrelivant after youre already choice locked into your move. 

So if someone could explain this to me that would be great
It allows you to switch out sylveon. Seems dumb I know but here's why it is ran.

Say you have your sylveon out ready to scream at things, right? Yeah. Your opponant has a heatran, it just stops you gg no re, sylveon can't yell at it. During the battle you have noticed that every time you use your sylveon, your opponent instantly switches his heatran in. Baton pass allows you to swap out the turn they decide to swap in the heatran, giving you an advantage by putting whatever pokemon you want into play. This is very technical but it is a really nice thing to have, giving you an advantage when you otherwise wouldn't. You would have to manually swap out sylveon, which puts strain on what you are using to deal with heatran.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
yeah but couldnt hp ground work v Heatran ?
@DarienDenciati Sometimes they run HP Fire for Scizor instead. Heatran isn't the only Sylveon check lol
Heatran was just an example, and heatran's do have shuca berries sometimes. Also hp ground is an hp. Hard to get hp's. Baton pass' use on sylveon is used similarly to U-Turn. It just lets you have a reliable way to swap out, and is more forgiving than just simply swapping out, since you can choose exactly what to use depending on what happens.
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
True which I also have hp fire