Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[TEAM REPORT] Wombo Combo comes to an end
Yeah I did recall telling you should have Zapdos over Thundurus mainly for the Dodrio tourney to help GMX with one of his teams so nice to see it work after all. Rain is still a strong strategy and playstyle though I feel like its best used with intimdate Pokemon like Salamence or Mawile since they add to the defensive presence they lack. I do think Salamence and rain complement each other well since it basically does the following:

1. Intimidate support for Politoed and Ludicolo
  2. Threatens Charizard Y relatively easy
  3. Beats Grass types

Effectively your team has three attacking mode with Politoed and Ludicolo as the main rain mode, Aegislash and Mence as the Dragon Steel core, and Terrakion and Zapdos/Thundurus for reactionary offense. Honestly I don't get why you still have Rain Dance on Politoed since it would only add to its longevity and you have three Pokemon (or 4) who can beat Charizard Y and other Fire types easily. I know for sure you matchup with steel was kinda bad so that's why I'd suggested Zapdos as it has Heat Wave to deal damage against Metagross, Aegislash and Ferrothorn. Probably the only other thing I'd change is make Mega Salamence outspeed at least max speed Thundurus but that's just my opinion.