Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Second Atempt to build a team [VGC]
First of all, i will state that im "new" to competitive, as i been out for year, after loosing my DS. That being said, please, be kind : )

I builded that team myself, and, ive been trying it out, ill put the members, and explain it, and i will explain later my observations, and let you guys, give me advice:

Gallade-Mega
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 12 HP / 80 Atk / 168 Def / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Protect

1 80 Atk Gallade Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Landorus-T: 256-304 (80.2 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Ice Punch

252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Gallade: 202-238 (72.9 - 85.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 8 HP / 168 Def Gallade: 156-184 (55.9 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-----------------------------------------------
80 Atk Gallade Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 422-498 (119.8 - 141.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 8 HP / 168 Def Gallade: 216-253 (77.4 - 90.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
------------------------------------------------------------
80 Atk Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Gengar: 296-350 (113.4 - 134%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Mega Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 8 HP / 4 SpD Gallade: 284-336 (101.7 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
80 Atk Gallade Close Combat vs. 56 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 402-474 (119.2 - 140.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Heatran Heat Wave vs. 8 HP / 4 SpD Gallade: 151-178 (54.1 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
80 Atk Gallade Close Combat vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 436-520 (309.2 - 368.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Bisharp Sucker Punch vs. 12 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 76-91 (52.4 - 62.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
80 Atk Gallade Psycho Cut vs. 252 HP / 180 Def Amoonguss: 138-164 (62.4 - 74.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

0 SpA Amoonguss Giga Drain vs. 8 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 33-40 (22.9 - 27.7%) -- 72.5% chance to 4HKO
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
80 Atk Gallade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 44 Def Rotom-W: 100-118 (63.6 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

60 SpA Rotom-W Hydro Pump vs. 8 HP / 0 SpD Gallade: 61-73 (42.3 - 50.6%) -- 3.5% chance to 2HKO

My mega, and the one i spend the time with calcs. What i wanted with that set, was using that 165 attack base damage from Mega-Gallade, to 1HKO major threads as kangaskan-Mega, Landorus - T, Mega-Gengar ann Garchomp thanks to the coverage with Close comb at, Psyco - Cut. I tried so haed to get rid of fairy type and Grass, but literally, i nver used a sigle Ice punch to OHKO any poke, as i didn't even seen any landorus, and instead, i used Greninja's Ice Beam.

Im probably changin Ice Punch, for the reasons alredy stated. Also running wide  guard, while trying to get rid of Sylveon, but... I hate it as much as i love it : )

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Protect

The main purpose os this Greninja is to be a fast SP attacker, with good coverage, but still fragile, and not powerfull enought to get rid of silveon with Ice Beam, wich end turning me in a bad position usually -.-'

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Claw
- Protect

Fairy / ghost coverage (Yes, more fairy coverage, part of my weakness, probaly...)

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Dragon Claw

Pure power, choice scarfed to outspeed anything in the field, and get rid of birds, and fire mons, got me a couple of doubles with my loved Zapdos.

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 68 SpA / 20 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

Water, fly coverage, with heat wave for the surprise! factor, and ice hidden power to get out of a bad situation.

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Shadow ball
- Hidden Power Fire
- Psyshock

Well, my double killer, can't say anything that noby felt before...

So far, what made me loose most of the time was:

- Sylveon, sylveon resisting everything and giving me pain.
- Ice weakness x 3
- Lack of support /  taunt
- Lack of status moves

And over all, it's allways becouse of lagg or / and missclicks  kappa  Nah, lack of experience.

I know, there are a lot of bad choices, and weakness, but, that's why i went to battle to test it, and came back here for tips.

Would you guys make changes, or start over? What would you change?
Well your team definitely gets hammered by Fairy types as well (4 weaknesses). You should try running Greninja with Gunk Shot to check sylveon and run a naive nature with about 20 EVs into attack, max out speed and the rest into special attack, also Grass Knot isn't really that useful so you can swap it out for this.

Not sure what to do about the Ice weakness. You may have to swap out some pokes to accomodate.

A prankster Pokemon such as Whimsicott or Meowstic would really help out this team when it comes to status moves and taunting
[Insert signature here]
i think the team is pretty solid.might have a tough matchup with cresselia or wil o wisp users.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(Feb 2, 2015, 06:51 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Well your team definitely gets hammered by Fairy types as well (4 weaknesses). You should try running Greninja with Gunk Shot to check sylveon and run a naive nature with about 20 EVs into attack, max out speed and the rest into special attack, also Grass Knot isn't really that useful so you can swap it out for this.

Not sure what to do about the Ice weakness. You may have to swap out some pokes to accomodate.

A prankster Pokemon such as Whimsicott or Meowstic would really help out this team when it comes to status moves and taunting

Whissmecott leaves me with even more weakness to ice, but greninja tip is good ^^ Thanks!
(Feb 2, 2015, 06:59 PM)Justin Wrote: i think the team is pretty solid.might have a tough matchup with cresselia or wil o wisp users.
Thanks Justin, means a lot, im trying hard to find the "perfect" six.

I think im going to try out and breed a naive greninja, and try with gunk shot. Also was thinking on switching Sylveon for maybe Tank / support Tgekiss... Still looking for any advice you can give me guys, really apreciate it!
also missing taunt. but no tneeded
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
I've seen a lot of people running bulky Togekiss w/ Follow Me to set up a Sword Dance for Gallade. It could also bring Thunderwave and stupid flinch Air Slash, only problem is this adds to your ice weakness.
I have to finish him, but i alredy got that togekiss, im trying different supports on Sylveon's spot right now, still witth my 1:1 W/L ratio. Im going to try out Togekiss aand meowstick later.
Clefable can do well in your team too, since it has access to Helping Hand and Follow Me, which are maybe the support moves you lack in your team along with a taunter.

This is Angel Miranda's build, but i replaced Ice Beam for Moonblast for Fairy type coverage and because you already have other ice type moves in your team.

Clefable @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 28 SpA / 68 SpD / 4 Spe
Nature: Bold
- Follow Me
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Helping Hand
Ill try it ouy, thank you very much, GMX, im allways happy to see your advice ^^