Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Second team..
The team looks solid but you pretty much get destroyed by Mold Breaker Excadrill
(Feb 22, 2016, 06:45 PM)Wenwuk Wrote: The team looks solid but you pretty much get destroyed by Mold Breaker Excadrill

What would you suggest changing?
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

Previously known as Julia234
Azumarill can KO it so all you need is a good switch-in. The fist ones who come to mind are Skarmory, Slowbro, Gliscor and Landorus-T. If you want to be more original, other defensive Pokemons like Mandibuzz, Alomomola, Forretress, Tangrowth, Chesanught,etc. are great options too.
This team is, off the bat, extremely weak to entry hazards and you have no defogger or spinner on your team. All the walls on your team are Fire type meaning that Water/Ground/Rock coverage puts immediate pressure on your team. Your team is super weak to Keldeo, Starmie, Alakazam, Hoopa-U, Landorus-T, Tornadus-T, and many more. It's a really long list.

Arcanine isn't OU plus you really don't need it on this team with the other Fire types present. I would suggest running Landorus-Therian so you can have an extra immunity to Ground and one to Electric as well as have a check for Sand Excadrill, Tyranitar, Charizard-X, M-Altaria among others. Run the defensive Smogon set with Leftovers

Thunderbolt isn't necessary on Gengar and doesn't much more than Sludge Wave plus it is easier to check Thunderbolt than it is to check Sludge Wave. Life Orb is better here to give Gengar more firepower

You don't have a Heatran check or safe switch in on your team right now. Oh yeah, this variant of Heatran that you have now doesn't help your team that much either. A specially defensive Heatran gives you an extra switch in for Pokemon like M-Manectric, Alakazam, Lati@s, Rotom-W, Raikou etc.

Anyways, Azumarill doesn't have a fun time switching in on Heatran with it being a physical attacker that's slower than most Heatran and is open for burns. Not only that, you have no Fighting coverage or effective sweeper/revenge killer outside of Talonflame and Gengar nor do you have any wallbreakers. Now you can either run banded Azumarill or run Keldeo. Note that banded Azumarill still struggles with Hippowdon and you don't have many easy options for it.

This Talonflame set doesn't fit this team and Me First isn't a good option for a moveset.

Wrong Scizor set for this team as well.

Also, you don't have a Mega Evolution on your team.

Here are the changes I suggest

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Have fun

Edit :- After doing a test run with the suggested team, it appears that you have a huge weakness to Starmie. To mitigate this, you may want to run a Choice scarfed Landorus-T over the defensive variant with Knock Off
[Insert signature here]
Since you have 3 pkmn weak to water even with sunny day it would still hurt so you could try running mega sceptile with drangon pulse leaf blade and solar beam to make ip for it
This is the lore of the jungle as old and as true as the sky the wolf that shall keep it may prosper but the wolf that shall break it must die
(Feb 24, 2016, 12:02 PM)Marcusube Wrote: This team is, off the bat, extremely weak to entry hazards and you have no defogger or spinner on your team. All the walls on your team are Fire type meaning that Water/Ground/Rock coverage puts immediate pressure on your team. Your team is super weak to Keldeo, Starmie, Alakazam, Hoopa-U, Landorus-T, Tornadus-T, and many more. It's a really long list.

Arcanine isn't OU plus you really don't need it on this team with the other Fire types present. I would suggest running Landorus-Therian so you can have an extra immunity to Ground and one to Electric as well as have a check for Sand Excadrill, Tyranitar, Charizard-X, M-Altaria among others. Run the defensive Smogon set with Leftovers

Thunderbolt isn't necessary on Gengar and doesn't much more than Sludge Wave plus it is easier to check Thunderbolt than it is to check Sludge Wave. Life Orb is better here to give Gengar more firepower

You don't have a Heatran check or safe switch in on your team right now. Oh yeah, this variant of Heatran that you have now doesn't help your team that much either. A specially defensive Heatran gives you an extra switch in for Pokemon like M-Manectric, Alakazam, Lati@s, Rotom-W, Raikou etc.

Anyways, Azumarill doesn't have a fun time switching in on Heatran with it being a physical attacker that's slower than most Heatran and is open for burns. Not only that, you have no Fighting coverage or effective sweeper/revenge killer outside of Talonflame and Gengar nor do you have any wallbreakers. Now you can either run banded Azumarill or run Keldeo. Note that banded Azumarill still struggles with Hippowdon and you don't have many easy options for it.

This Talonflame set doesn't fit this team and Me First isn't a good option for a moveset.

Wrong Scizor set for this team as well.

Also, you don't have a Mega Evolution on your team.

Here are the changes I suggest

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Have fun

Edit :- After doing a test run with the suggested team, it appears that you have a huge weakness to Starmie. To mitigate this, you may want to run a Choice scarfed Landorus-T over the defensive variant with Knock Off
Thanks, tho, the team so far works well rn. I'll test the changes and see how it goes. I'm not really competitive so all input helped. If starmie's the problem I can just put in serperior or focus sash bisharp
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

quick question @Marcusube would sludge bomb be better over sludge wave?
"#PopplioSquadIsLit"

Sludge Wave has a better damage output. Sludge Bomb only gives you a higher chance to poison. It's a matter of preference
[Insert signature here]