Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] try this on for size
Ok so i will say im not the best at this but i looked at the types and what not and liked to coverage in this team

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Barrier
- Aqua Ring
- Toxic
- Rapid Spin

this was the tough one to find i was running prankster sableye at first but the type coverage was bad for the team

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Cotton Guard
- Tailwind
- Hyper Voice
- Feather Dance

the real reason i put this team together was to try a team using this very bulky mega with immunity to other dragons as well as the movepool of tailwind cotten guard with pixalated hypervoice i saw alot of potential also the non mega would be running cloud nine to cancel any weather effects on the field

Greninja @ Expert Belt
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Night Slash

this has been a solid pick for me in nearly any battle and has amazing coverage due to its protean ability and since every move is a STAB expert belt make the super effective hits even more effective

Empoleon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Drill Peck

still a test but looks solid

Amoonguss @ BrightPowder
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Synthesis
- Sludge Bomb
- Double Team
- Rage Powder

well we all know how annoying the mushroom can be and well lets face it would u want a tuanted amoongus on ur team? thats what sludge bomb is for with a 30% chance to poison it allows for the mushroom to be usable even after being taunted

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Overheat
- Dark Pulse
- Volt Switch

and here a scary pick not much to say here pretty straight forward

the team is still in test mode and if anyone wants to suggest anythign else then go ahead
252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. +2 252 HP / 0 Def Tentacruel: 122-146 (65.2 - 78%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Krookodile Earthquake vs. +2 252 HP / 0 Def Tentacruel: 114-134 (60.9 - 71.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

As you can see, your Tentacruel set has one flaw and that is if a Pokemon switches in and possess Earthquake. The defense boosts may not be enough and worse case scenario you get hit with a critical hit which completely breaks this "wall".

252 SpA Alakazam Psychic vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Tentacruel: 102-122 (54.5 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 240+ SpD Tentacruel: 127-151 (67.9 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Also, the special defense that Tentacruel has may not be enough to sponge super effective hits for more than three times.

You won't ever need to use Tailwind for this team because most of the Pokemon on your team can take a hit and dish one out just fine. It may be useful in clutch situations but it is generally not a stable stratergy.

Your Altaria possess no recovery moves, meaning that this tank can be burnt out by stall or hyper offensive pressure.

Cotton Guard gives you a high enough defense boost so Feather Dance is redundant.

The Greninja's moveset seems a bit shaky because it doesn't OHKO much and you're using the inferior attack stat with moves of inferior base power. A mixed Greninja with Hasty Nature and 252 Speed 20 Atk and the rest in Special Attack is a more efficient revenge killer. Also Life Orb is a better choice since you won't be hitting more than half the Pokemon you see super effectively.

This Empoleon set is going to run into many problems. For starters, you are using the more inferior base stat AGAIN! Defiant is rarely going to do much in Singles so making a move pool around it is suicide. A special attacking empoleon with a Relaxed/Quiet nature would be more suitable and you should also consider running Aqua Jet since you team lacks priority which most of the time decides if you win or lose a game.

Scald, Flash Cannon/Grass Knot, Ice Beam and Aqua Jet gives you great type coverage.

This Amoonguss set only works in VGC since Rage Powder is a Doubles/Triples based status. Simply swap out Rage Powder for Giga Drain and you'll be good to go.

It would be best if you run Rotom-Heat with a Choice Scarf Trick set. It shuts down Pranksters, Set up Sweepers and Walls pretty easily.

I'm assuming this is a singles team because of the move set choices. No?
[Insert signature here]
(Feb 18, 2015, 08:33 AM)Marcusube Wrote: The Greninja's moveset seems a bit shaky because it doesn't OHKO much and you're using the inferior attack stat with moves of inferior base power. A mixed Greninja with Hasty Nature and 252 Speed 20 Atk and the rest in Special Attack is a more efficient revenge killer. Also Life Orb is a better choice since you won't be hitting more than half the Pokemon you see super effectively.

This Empoleon set is going to run into many problems. For starters, you are using the more inferior base stat AGAIN! Defiant is rarely going to do much in Singles so making a move pool around it is suicide. A special attacking empoleon with a Relaxed/Quiet nature would be more suitable and you should also consider running Aqua Jet since you team lacks priority which most of the time decides if you win or lose a game.

This Amoonguss set only works in VGC since Rage Powder is a Doubles/Triples based status. Simply swap out Rage Powder for Giga Drain and you'll be good to go.

I'm assuming this is a singles team because of the move set choices. No?

Well your statement about my greninja is false the base power of the moves are the higest physical movest in its moveset and the can easily ohko dragons fairys dark and ghost/psychic.

the point of empoleon was to use the lower statt with defiant as a check to intimidate teams as they are very common in vgc

and ALL of my teams are vgc i dont use smogon rules i find them stupid
If this is a VGC team then you're gonna have to consider revamping these move sets.

For starters, Tentacruel's moveset is too singles friendly and too much stall. For it to support Altaria, you need to have it learn some speed controlling moves.

Altaria, being the core of your team, needs to have moves which allow it to stick around longer. Moves like Protect and Roost really helps it to survive in the heat of battle.

Saying my statement about Greninja is false puts you in this kind of position

-1 252 Atk Expert Belt Protean Greninja Ice Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Salamence: 134-163 (78.3 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Protean Greninja U-turn vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Bisharp: 49-58 (34.7 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

You have a point but to counter the highest threats in the VGC meta game, you can't settle for anything less than the strongest set.

Intimidate teams generally run moves that hit Empoleon super effectively, for example

252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 168-200 (88.4 - 105.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Mega Salamence Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Empoleon: 112-134 (58.9 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

The only thing on your team that can stop an Intimidate team is the Greninja but since it is physical, it falls victim to getting taken out early in the game.

252+ Atk Life Orb Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Amoonguss: 283-338 (128 - 152.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Mega Charizard Y Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Amoonguss in Sun: 192-228 (86.8 - 103.1%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Not saying you shouldn't run the Amoonguss but just reminding you that your team may have trouble checking these Pokemon.

Finally, using Rotom as an all out special attacker may hinder than help because it is slow in comparison to what can kill it with ease and it isn't the most powerful option out there.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Level: 50
EVs: 220 HP / 196 SpD
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Icy Wind
- Protect
- Confuse Ray

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 236 HP / 100 Def / 76 SpA / 92 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Roost
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 196 HP / 156 Def / 64 SpA / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Protect

This is what I would change on your team.
[Insert signature here]