Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Rain Team Mk. II (Updated 8/3/15)
First time making a Rain Team. Hoping this is going to become my main VGC Team currently
Anything is blue are questions!

Offense
[Image: swampert-mega.png]
The Pokemon I based this team around, Mega Swampert is really mean to take advantage of Politoed's Drizzle and sweep. Packing Earthquake, Waterfall, and Ice Punch for attacking moves and currently debating keeping Protect or swapping it for maybe Wide Guard, but I haven't really needed it. I was trying out MudkipLegend's Moveset
Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 224 HP / 52 Atk / 40 Def / 36 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Wide Guard/Protect

[Image: aegislash.png]
Replacing Lucario is a LO Aegislash. "your team still needs resistances against Dragon, Ice, Fairy Psychic and Normal (Basically Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Gardevoir, Sylveon, Mega Mence) so I recommend LO Aegislash with Wide Guard. With Helping Hand from Politoed (btw Helping Hand Always goes first before Fake Out) so HH LO Aegislash's Shadow Ball practically nukes most Trick Room setters." - Suggested by Black117
Should I run a slightly defensive set?
Aegislash @ Life Orb
Ability: Stance Change
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

[Image: hydreigon.png]
And for the second new member, I decided to swap Raichu for Hydreigon, As he resist Grass/Water/Electric/Fire as well as opposing Ghost types like Aegislash. To top it off Hydreigon can help shut down Trick Room teams with Aegislash. Suggested by Black117
Should I replace Dragon Pulse with something?
Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse

Defense
[Image: politoed.png]
Politoed is still generally the same but is more of a defensive set.

Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 212 HP / 132 Def / 4 SpA / 116 SpD / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Hypnosis

[Image: gardevoir.png]
Gardevoir is my replacement for Ludicolo, mainly to help me deal with Grass, Water and some Poison Types. Mainly to check Amongus and Venasaur, which were a problem for me. It also works well with Swampert thanks to its ability, allowing swampert to spam EQ.
Calcs
Quote:208+ SpA Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 232 HP / 0 Def Mega Venusaur: 120-144 (65.2 - 78.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
208+ SpA Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 90-108 (48.1 - 57.7%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
208+ SpA Gardevoir Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 180 Def Amoonguss: 152-180 (68.7 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ SpA Mega Venusaur Sludge Bomb vs. 160 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Gardevoir: 98-116 (60.1 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Gardevoir @ Assault Vest
Ability: Telepathy
EVs: 160 HP / 208 SpA / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

Support
[Image: crobat.png]
Crobat is also a kinda mix Support, forgoing some Hp EVs for Attack EVs to take care of some fairy Pokemon. But also can be fully supportive with Super Fang, Quick Guard, and Tailwind. Tailwind mainly there to support the team without the rain.
I do wonder since I do have Aegislash do I really need the 105 EVs in Attack
Crobat @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 106 Atk / 150 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Quick Guard
- Cross Poison
- Super Fang
- Tailwind

And that is the team! All advice is welcome. I also wanna tank everyone for there suggestions to make this team better!
i like the team!
i think this spread would help you out tho in vgc builk is important

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
EVs: 160 HP / 48 Def / 160 SpA / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
also this is recomended for polietoad

Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Rain Dance
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
Muh Boy is using my Swampert build PogChamp. All in All this is a very good team. I have 2 things i'd recommend however. Bulk is a key factor in VGC and having the evs spread out more could help you out a little. Also your team has no way of recovering health other than Crobat. I recommend sitrus berry on Politoed. Anyways its good to see rain teams and they are very fun to use. Maybe you can take my spot as king of rain one day KappaHD. Good luck and have fun Smile
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
thanks for the Suggestions :>
(Aug 7, 2015, 01:37 PM)KiwiTiger Wrote:
First time making a Rain Team. Hoping this is going to become my main VGC Team currently

Offense
The Pokemon I based this team around, Mega Swampert is really mean to take advantage of Politoed's Drizzle and sweep. Packing Earthquake, Waterfall, and Ice Punch for attacking moves and currently debating keeping Protect or swapping it for maybe Wide Guard, but I haven't really needed it. I was trying out MudkipLegend's Moveset
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Wide Guard/Protect
[Image: ludicolo.png]
Ludicolo is a Pokemon also here to take advantage of Drizzle and is also my main Special Damage in the rain with a life orb and Giga Drain, Scald, and Ice Beam with Fake out support. Im unsure of keeping since it seems very hard for me to bring both Ludicolo and Swampert, But im unsure of what to with him, Swap him to a more defensive set or Replace him.
Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Fake Out
[Image: lucario.png]
Lucario is probably the the Pokemon i do like the most but I'm having an issue on item. Has good coverage with cloce Combat, Extrame Speed and Ice Punch (Might swap since my rain half has Ice Beam, Ice Punch, and Icy Wind.) Lucario is currently holding Safety Goggles but I have considered running him as a second mega.
Lucario @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Defense
Im not sure where to place Politoed on this list, Since it kinda does a bit of everything. Having Hypnosis and Icy Wind to support his team but also has the EVs to deal decent damage with Scald, while still having a few Evs to take some hits.
Politoed @ Wide Lens
EVs: 4 HP / 52 Def / 200 SpA / 52 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Hypnosis

Support
[Image: raichu.png]
Raichu, A pokemon a do really love, Has been a great support while testing this team. Helping Politoed and Ludicolo combat electric types, while having Encore, Fake Out and Thunder Wave to distribute the team. Raichu has Volt Switch to try and keep momentum. Raichu is holding an air balloon so it can be out with swampert, assisting him.
Raichu @ Air Balloon
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
Crobat is also a kinda mix Support, forgoing some Hp EVs for Attack EVs to take care of some fairy pokemon. But also can be fully supportive with Super Fang, quick Guard, and Tailwind. Tailwind mainly there to support the team without the rain.
Crobat @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Quick Guard
- Cross Poison
- Super Fang
- Tailwind

Problems I have found with this team.
Trick room - I do have some issues since my team does have a big speed control element to it with Swift Swim, Icy Wind, Thunder Wave, and Tailwind.
Mega Venasuar - The main weakness to the game, with its Ability Thick Fat, Its not reliable to hit it with ice, and with a rain team you really dont run fire, (plus its ability again). Earthquake isnt reliable since Swampert gets OHKO by venasaur.
Sun - I have also has issues dealing with Sun but I think its cuase i dont have a lot of check to sun, other then my water type. most sun team run non mega venasaur and can outspeed in the sun.

And that is the team! All advice is welcome.

I actually like the idea of using both Crobat and Mega Swampert in the same team since they both kinda complement each other as Mega Swampert literally rekts Kappa Rock and Electric types that Crobat is weak against while Crobat can easily threaten Grass types like Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur. To be honest, all you need is some bulk for this team as well as a way to handle hard Trick Room and you'll be find. Now here are some Pokemon you should add or substitute IMO

Probably the only Pokemon on this team that's questionable is safety googles Lucario since honestly it doesn't really add nothing to your team. To be honest, it just gets killed easily by Mega Kangaskhan, Terrakion, Infernape, and Conkeldurr but you don't have Brave Bird on you're Crobat to threaten these mons at least. Now since you are using Mega Swampert, its ideal to have partners who are immune to EQ so you can spam this attack easily. Hydreigon kinda fits this team as he resist Grass/Water/Electric/Fire as well as opposing Ghost types like Aegislash. To top it off Hydreigon can help shut down Trick Room teams with another potential member for this team. Try out Helping Hand with Politoed since it will increase the damage output on the rest of your team. Helping Hand Waterfall to Mega Swampert in rain is quite scary if you ask me. While Raichu helps with the team's immunity to electric attacks, your team still needs resistances against Dragon, Ice, Fairy Psychic and Normal (Basically Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Gardevoir, Sylveon, Mega Mence) so I recommend LO Aegislash with Wide Guard. With Helping Hand from Politoed (btw Helping Hand Always goes first before Fake Out) so HH LO Aegislash's Shadow Ball practically nukes most Trick Room setters. I think Ludicolo needs an Assault Vest so it can at least serve as the

This is what the team will look like and it honestly looks solid on paper.
http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/#?2...72|635|681
(Aug 7, 2015, 06:40 PM)Chimchared7 Wrote: i like the team!
i think this spread would help you out tho in vgc builk is important

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
EVs: 160 HP / 48 Def / 160 SpA / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
also this is recomended for polietoad

Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Rain Dance

(Aug 7, 2015, 08:12 PM)Black117 Wrote:
(Aug 7, 2015, 01:37 PM)KiwiTiger Wrote:

Offense
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Wide Guard/Protect
[Image: ludicolo.png]
Ludicolo is a Pokemon also here to take advantage of Drizzle and is also my main Special Damage in the rain with a life orb and Giga Drain, Scald, and Ice Beam with Fake out support. Im unsure of keeping since it seems very hard for me to bring both Ludicolo and Swampert, But im unsure of what to with him, Swap him to a more defensive set or Replace him.
Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Fake Out
[Image: lucario.png]
Lucario is probably the the Pokemon i do like the most but I'm having an issue on item. Has good coverage with cloce Combat, Extrame Speed and Ice Punch (Might swap since my rain half has Ice Beam, Ice Punch, and Icy Wind.) Lucario is currently holding Safety Goggles but I have considered running him as a second mega.
Lucario @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Defense
Im not sure where to place Politoed on this list, Since it kinda does a bit of everything. Having Hypnosis and Icy Wind to support his team but also has the EVs to deal decent damage with Scald, while still having a few Evs to take some hits.
Politoed @ Wide Lens
EVs: 4 HP / 52 Def / 200 SpA / 52 SpD / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Hypnosis

Support
[Image: raichu.png]
Raichu, A pokemon a do really love, Has been a great support while testing this team. Helping Politoed and Ludicolo combat electric types, while having Encore, Fake Out and Thunder Wave to distribute the team. Raichu has Volt Switch to try and keep momentum. Raichu is holding an air balloon so it can be out with swampert, assisting him.
Raichu @ Air Balloon
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Fake Out
- Encore
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
Crobat is also a kinda mix Support, forgoing some Hp EVs for Attack EVs to take care of some fairy pokemon. But also can be fully supportive with Super Fang, quick Guard, and Tailwind. Tailwind mainly there to support the team without the rain.
Crobat @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Quick Guard
- Cross Poison
- Super Fang
- Tailwind

Problems I have found with this team.
Trick room - I do have some issues since my team does have a big speed control element to it with Swift Swim, Icy Wind, Thunder Wave, and Tailwind.
Mega Venasuar - The main weakness to the game, with its Ability Thick Fat, Its not reliable to hit it with ice, and with a rain team you really dont run fire, (plus its ability again). Earthquake isnt reliable since Swampert gets OHKO by venasaur.
Sun - I have also has issues dealing with Sun but I think its cuase i dont have a lot of check to sun, other then my water type. most sun team run non mega venasaur and can outspeed in the sun.

And that is the team! All advice is welcome.

I actually like the idea of using both Crobat and Mega Swampert in the same team since they both kinda complement each other as Mega Swampert literally rekts Kappa Rock and Electric types that Crobat is weak against while Crobat can easily threaten Grass types like Amoonguss, Mega Venusaur. To be honest, all you need is some bulk for this team as well as a way to handle hard Trick Room and you'll be find. Now here are some Pokemon you should add or substitute IMO

Probably the only Pokemon on this team that's questionable is safety googles Lucario since honestly it doesn't really add nothing to your team. To be honest, it just gets killed easily by Mega Kangaskhan, Terrakion, Infernape, and Conkeldurr but you don't have Brave Bird on you're Crobat to threaten these mons at least. Now since you are using Mega Swampert, its ideal to have partners who are immune to EQ so you can spam this attack easily. Hydreigon kinda fits this team as he resist Grass/Water/Electric/Fire as well as opposing Ghost types like Aegislash. To top it off Hydreigon can help shut down Trick Room teams with another potential member for this team. Try out Helping Hand with Politoed since it will increase the damage output on the rest of your team. Helping Hand Waterfall to Mega Swampert in rain is quite scary if you ask me. While Raichu helps with the team's immunity to electric attacks, your team still needs resistances against Dragon, Ice, Fairy Psychic and Normal (Basically Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Gardevoir, Sylveon, Mega Mence) so I recommend LO Aegislash with Wide Guard. With Helping Hand from Politoed (btw Helping Hand Always goes first before Fake Out) so HH LO Aegislash's Shadow Ball practically nukes most Trick Room setters. I think Ludicolo needs an Assault Vest so it can at least serve as the

This is what the team will look like and it honestly looks solid on paper.
http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/#?2...72|635|681

What would your thoughts be n the same idea as that but instead of a ludicolo and defensive Gardevoir. (Issue there is that i would be open to ghost types a bit more) I have been testing a bit and it is helping with some fighting and grass type, and I like the suggesting so i may test them our :>
Updated the Team!