Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Sun/Moon OU Team Bulky Offense?
So my last team was an Aurora Veil Team and its pretty fun to play around with, but I'm hoping to make a more competitive bulky offense team this time around.

The Mons:

Celesteela 
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
Evs: 248 hp/8 atk/252 spdef
Nature: Careful 
Moves:
Leech Seed
Earthquake
Protect
Toxic

Celesteela forms a core with Toxipex and Landorus-T that is basically the back-bone of this team. She functions as a special wall while still having good physical bulk. The reason for this being able to take Electric attacks better should the need arise. The set I gave her is pretty basic, but I'm running Earthquake over flamethrower or heavy slam to take care of electric types and fire types that have been weakend by leech seed, toxic, and stealth rocks. 

Toxapex
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Evs: 252 hp/4 atk/252 def
Nature: Impish
Moves:
Baneful Bunker
Toxic Spikes
Liquedation
Recover

The Physcial wall of the core. Toxapex's main purpose is to set up Toxic Spikes and poison none steel types that like to use U-Turn with Baneful Bunker on the switch. Liquedation is so that Taunt doesn't hit me too hard and makes it harder for physical attackers to wear down Toxapex. Recover is just to stall out the game and rack up poison damage. The set is pretty cut and paste cookie cutter style, but there isn't too much else he can run. Black sludge was chosen over leftovers not only because it heals just as well as leftovers, but should it get tricked away somehow, the trick user will be in for a nasty surprise. 

Landorus-T
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 hp/252 atk/8 def
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Knock Off
U-Turn

The final part of the core. Again this set is pretty basic and his main jobs are to set up rocks, be a slow pivot, and knock off items while making life hard for physical attackers.
I chose Leftovers over Rocky Helmet because that set is everywhere, I am not too sure about the current EV spread though. actually he works as more of a medium to slow speed pivot that can bring in other parts of the core or one of my sweepers. He also serves as a counter to electric types like Tapu Koko that the other parts of the core are weak to.

Tsareena
Item: Assault Vest
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 252 hp/252 atk/4 spdef
Nature: Adament
Moves:
Trop Kick
High Jump Kick
Rapid Spin
Play Rough

Tsareena functions as a bulky sweeper and spinner. She has good bulk and can tank multipul hits if need be. She also has the added benifit of being immune to priority attacks and can lower the enemies physical attack with stab trop kick. HJK and Play rough give good coverage and give her more favorable matchups with dragon, steel, dark, and fighting types. Since she takes hits so well she can switch in on a dragon and ko it with playrough or a steel type that isn't heatran and deal some major damage with hjk which also deals decent damage to ferrowthorn. Her main job is to spin away hazards and to deal heavy physical damage either, she is also a favorable answer to most of the tapus, the exceptions being Brave Bird Variants of Koko and Tapu Bulu. Another possible set I was considering was leftovers with aroma therapy and possibly synthesis but I don't know how well that would work out.

Tapu Fini
Ability: Misty Terrain
EVs: 252 hp/252 spatk/ 4 spdef
Nature: Modest
Moves:
Surf
Calm Mind
Moon Blast
Ice Beam

Fini is the bulky special sweeper of the team that comes with the added benifit of preventing status ailments. Since most people use her as a defoger I feel as though this set will surprise them a bit. She is meant for mid-late game since her ability renders toxic spikes and toxic useless unless the enemy has already been poisoned, which is kind of the idea. Ice Beam is for coverage while Surf and Moon blast are the stab moves of choice. Surf was chosen over scald and hydro pump due to scald not being able to inflict burn due to terrain, toxic spikes, and toxic and hydro pump having less accuracy. 

Xurkitree
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 spatk/4 spdef/252 speed
Nature: Timid
Moves:
Voltswitch
Thunderbolt
Dazzling Gleam
Energy Ball

Xurkitree works as a fast special sweeper or fast pivot depending on the need at the time. Beast boost will always give a bounus to spatk instead of speed which is why I chose scarf over specs or life orb/Ebelt. Thunderbolt is for a more powerful stab when I don't need to pivot. Energy Ball is for ground coverage and Dazzling Gleam rounds out the set to hit dragons, fighting and dark types. I don't like to use him as a pivot, but he does make an excelent one and while its annoying to lose the boost on the switch if he does K.O. something, it is usually worth it.
http://pokemonforever.com/teambuilder.ph...88|763|796

This team has huge weaknesses to Electric and Ice coverage and being weak to BeamBolt isn't a good thing especially when your team is this slow. This team also struggles with effectively dealing with Muk-A. Having no solid coverage options against Fairies is pretty much suicide with the Tapus running around and Tapu Lele gives this team a lot of problems, so does Tapu Koko and Tapu Bulu. Not having any priority options with a slow team will break you in the end so I'd suggest looking into that too. This team is overly passive for a bulky offense team. This is clinging more towards Balanced than Bulky Offense. Also, run Scald on Tapu Fini and Toxapex. Misty Terrain doesn't affect Pokemon who are airborne and getting the burn on Landorus-T, Celesteela, Lati@s, etc. is still important, not to mention how weak Liquidation is on Toxapex
[Insert signature here]