Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Sweet Baby Failure- My First VGC Team
So I have been wanting to get into VGC for a while now and I finally decided to build a team. I had a little bit of help, but a lot of it was what I thought fit and how I wanted to play it. As you can see in the title this is indeed my first ever VGC team. I know it isn't perfect and I am open to criticism for what you think fits better where. without further ado, i present to you my first ever VGC team titled, Sweet Baby Failure

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 220 HP / 196 Def / 28 SpA / 4 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Protect
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Earthquake

Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 176 HP / 252 SpA / 80 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Protect

I really wanted to base my first team around M-Venusaur since it is, in my opinion, the strongest mege in the meta game right now. Suicune is a very nice supportive mon and I still like the idea of tailwind even though it is not as popular anymore. Terrakion is mainly there to make sure mega kang is kept in check, while also providing nice coverage for charizard and talonflame as well as heatran. Garchomp is there as a good offensive mon, but is definitely one that I would be willing to change if anyone has a good suggestion. Thundurus is an amazing supportive mon who plays great offense when holding the life orb. Heatran is the most expendable mon on the team as it is there for the sake of having a fire move and is really just a placeholder, it has not done much for me since i put him on the team but I still like his spot being there and could not find anything fit to replace him.

So that is a brief summary of my team, feel free to critique it in what way you see fit as it is my first team and i am still trying to fit into the meta game in VGC. Hope you guys enjoy and have a wonderful day :D
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye
This team is pretty solid, however there are some flaws. The main one is the lack of ev spreading. While Venusaur and Suicune are fine, Garchomp, Thundorus, and Heatran should have more bulk. Surprisingly Garchomp is pretty bulky so there should be some evs in hp and both defenses. Thundorus should be used as a special wall. I use this set and it works very well. Heatran needs to be able to live some hits in order to take advantage of substitute. Here are some sets to help you out.

Garchomp @Lum Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 12 HP / 204 Atk / 4 Def / 36 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Rock Slide

(Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Prankster | Calm
244 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
– Thunderbolt
– Thunder Wave
– Taunt
– Hidden Power Ice

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 36 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
– Substitute
– Heat Wave
– Protect
– Earth Power
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
(May 11, 2015, 08:02 PM)MudkipLegend Wrote: This team is pretty solid, however there are some flaws. The main one is the lack of ev spreading. While Venusaur and Suicune are fine, Garchomp, Thundorus, and Heatran should have more bulk. Surprisingly Garchomp is pretty bulky so there should be some evs in hp and both defenses. Thundorus should be used as a special wall. I use this set and it works very well. Heatran needs to be able to live some hits in order to take advantage of substitute. Here are some sets to help you out.

Garchomp @Lum Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 12 HP / 204 Atk / 4 Def / 36 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Rock Slide

(Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Prankster | Calm
244 HP / 108 Def / 64 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
– Thunderbolt
– Thunder Wave
– Taunt
– Hidden Power Ice

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 36 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
– Substitute
– Heat Wave
– Protect
– Earth Power

Thanks for the advice alec :]. what would you think about moving some of Heatrans EV's around to 84 SpAtk/ 204 Spe with a modest/timid nature. That allows it to out speed adamant/jolly bisharp (respectively) and also OHKO back, since I'm using tailwind I am not too concerned about having max speed, and nothing notably comes to mind that max speed heatran would out speed anyway. If there is a specific reason to run max speed let me know. Still trying to learn the meta of VGC so there could def be a mon that running max speed would allow me to out speed that i am not thinking of
Ninetales iz rly cewl kthnxbye