Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Team from X & Y
This is my old team from x & y, looking to swap a few around for ORAS. I mainly use this team for doubles, but it works perfectly fine in single matches.

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Hp
Nature: Jolly ( + Speed, - Sp. Atk)
- Brave Bird
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

This is just a typical Brave Bird Talonflame set, nothing new here. Gale wings for priority on Brave Bird + with Brave Bird you get STAB. Taunt can be useful if you aren't wanting your fellow Pokemon to have their stats messed with or get poisoned, burned etc (but with the choice band you would have to switch out after using it). Flare Blitz is for STAB and U-turn is useful to deal some damage while switching out.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Sp. Def
Nature: Sassy (+ Sp. Def, - Speed)
- Payback
- Curse
- Toxic
- Moonlight

This is one of my favourite competitive builds and Pokemon. This set is used for stalling and it can be insanely strong if used right. I bred this Umbreon to have 0 Speed IVs so I could try and keep the +50% damage on payback even without lowering my speed with Curse.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly ( + Ak, - Speed
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Rock Slide

This is just a typical rough skin rocky helmet build. Dragon Claw and Earthquake are for STAB, Crunch is for those pesky Ghost/Psychic types, and Rock Slide is good for getting a nice flinch and hitting both opposing Pokemon at once.

Manectric @ Life Orb
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed
Nature: Timid (+ Speed, - Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power (Dragon)
- Thunderbolt

I absolutely love this build as I can one hit a lot of Pokemon with Thunderbolt and Flamethrower. I actually tried to get Hidden Power Ice but I failed miserably and got dragon, however surprisingly it's been extremely useful against the likes of Garchomp and Salamence. I also run Thunderwave as it's real useful to get that slow.

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Nature: Jolly (+ Speed, - Sp. Atk)
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall
- Earthquake

This set is really great for countering physical attackers I love opening with it when I am certain my opponent is leading with talonflame or Kangaskahn as the lowered Attack from intimidate makes them a hell of a less scary. I carry a sitrus berry on this as Gyarados has average hp, def, and sp. def, therefore he doesn't get one hit killed that often so the extra hp is really useful as I can risk taking some damage while using dragon dance.

Charizard Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed
Nature: Timid ( + Speed, - Atk)
- Air Slash
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Roost

Now this guy is the secret weapon to my team with his ability Drought. This is because Drought increases moonlights recovery to 66% which makes Umbreon a hell of a lot harder to kill. Also Talonflame and Manectric are carrying a Fire Type move and Fire Type moves get their base power increased by 50% by Drought. I can also use Solar Beam on the first move because of Drought.

There we go, sorry for the bad grammar guys :D
Only thing I notice is that you have a lot of evs in speed and attack + dragon dance seems like overkill, but I don't run this set so I could be wrong. Also, the meta game is about to change big time so get ready.
Follow us on Twitter @_pokemonforever
Learn about us on our Welcome Page
Watch us play games on Twitch.tv
(Dec 1, 2014, 01:36 PM)Justin Wrote: Only thing I notice is that you have a lot of evs in speed and attack + dragon dance seems like overkill, but I don't run this set so I could be wrong. Also, the meta game is about to change big time so get ready.

Yeah you have a good point, it's worked for me so far though! And yeah I shall be ready Cool thanks for the feedback, Justin!