Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] VGC 2015 Attempt 3
Pretty much this will be my last team before VGC Regionals starts for Aus.

Bisharp@Life Orb
Defiant
Adamant Nature
4Hp 252Atk, 252Spd
Protect
Sucker Punch
Knock Off
Iron Head

Mamoswine@Icicle Plate
Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
252Atk, 4Spdef, 252Spd
EarthQuake
Ice Shard
Protect
Icicle Crash

Thundurus@Sitrus Berry
Calm Nature
Prankster
200Hp, 70SpAtk, 220Spdef, 20Spd
Taunt
HP Ice
Thunderbolt
ThunderWave

Talonflame@Safety Goggles
Naive Nature
Gale Wings
252Atk, 4SpAtk, 252Spd
Brave Bird
Overheat
Will-O-Wisp
Tailwind

Mega Kangaskhan@Kangaskhanite
Jolly Nature
Scrappy when not mega
4Hp, 252Atk, 252Spd
Fake Out
Sucker Punch
Return
Power-Up Punch

Sylveon@Pixie Plate
Modest Nature
Pixilate
92Hp, 116Def, 252Sp.Atk, 50Spd
Protect
Hyper Voice
Helping Hand
Shadow Ball/Psyshock?

I have done some battles with this team, they can be found below...
BL2G-WWWW-WWXP-TP68
MHMG-WWWW-WWXP-TPAY
This team is weak to Terrakion, rain teams, Rotom-W and opposing M-Kangs.

Life Orb or Choice items are the best items on Mamoswine, while Thundy can't win against Scarf Land-T even with a Sitrus Berry because Rock Slide is a 2HKO. If you put 52 EV in Defence instead of in SpA, Adamant Land-T Rock Slide is always a 3HKO after Sitrus Berry recovery (and you can handle physical hits better in general). The rest is standard.. i don't know if Talonflame can be a good call these days, maybe Tailwind + Snarl Suicune gives you better coverage and support (since you already have an offensive team) but you won't have a W-o-W in your team to burn physical attackers. Mmm.. i think you would still need an Intimidate to support your Sylveon and Thundurus in particular.
The problem with this team is that it is hard to pull of safe switches and it is also hard to lead with any of these Pokemon. The thing is, half of your Pokemon are weak to Fighting, 5 of your Pokemon take neutral or super effective damage from every spread move in the game and you have no solid checks. The fact that you're using a lot of common Pokemon you are gonna see a lot of mirror match ups meaning that there will be cases where a Bisharp will be there to counter your Sylveon and Mamoswine, Mamoswine to counter you Bisharp, Thundurus and Talonflame and Mega Kangaskhan will dominate your team; not to mention that faster Thundurus will taunt you then wreck havoc with Thunderbolt.

Since you are running a PuP Kangaskhan set, you may want to go for a more bulky EV spread because Terrakion will one shot this 100% of the time.

Scrap a Pokemon for an Intimidate user. Since Kangaskhan is weak to moves on the Physical side, you can check them a little then do your set up.

I recommend dropping either Thundurus or Talonflame for another support Pokemon like Whimsicott. Whimsicott gets up Tailwind rather efficiently and there are less checks to it than there are for Talonflame and Thundurus.

This team needs more bulky Pokemon on it. A support water type really helps. Try bringing in Suicune, Milotic or Vaporeon. There are also other options such as Swampert, Seismitoad, Gastrodon, Ludicolo and Politoed.

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
Level: 50
EVs: 212 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 84 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch

Milotic @ Assault Vest
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 220 HP / 188 Def / 36 SpA / 60 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Icy Wind
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Dragon Tail

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 44 SpA / 68 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

Hitmontop @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 156 HP / 244 Atk / 76 Def / 28 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wide Guard
- Close Combat
- Feint
- Helping Hand

Mamoswine @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard

This is what I suggest. You get safer switch ins, checks to spread moves, better checks to rain teams, better checks to Landorus and other Dragons, an easier time setting up PuP with Kangaskhan and Intimidate support and "redirection".
[Insert signature here]