Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] VGC 2015 I'm not sure what to do with my hands...
Okay guys chime in. Be ruthless. I wanna get good at this stuff.

[Image: metagross.gif]
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body/Tough Claws
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant
-Protect
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt
-Ice Punch

Steel is my favorite type, and I wanted to run a Mega Steelix, but I don't trust myself with a Trick room :/ Standard Mega. Decent HP bulk, hits hard, protects. Keep it simple, stupid.

[Image: whimsicott.gif]
Whimsicott @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly
-Worry Seed
-Taunt
-Encore
-Stun Spore

I've grown to love this fluff ball. Worry Seed is there to mess up Mega Kang and Mega Gengar, getting those troublesome abilities away. Taunt for Thundurus, etc.

[Image: cresselia.gif]
Cresselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 64 SpA / 196 SpD
Relaxed
-Protect
-Ice Beam
-Psyshock
-Moonlight

Been going back and forth on Protect vs. Calm Mind, and I'm probably gonna change back to Calm Mind eventually. Just adds the offensive dimension to Cress. Otherwise everything else will probably stay, except for the EVs and nature. I'm pretty dumb with those.

[Image: bisharp.gif]
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 14 HP / 248 Atk / 248 Spe
Adamant
-Sucker Punch
-Knock Off
-Iron Head
-Protect

I don't necessarily like having Knock Off AND Sucker Punch but I can't think of much else to use. This thing just hits hard, and God help us all if it gets a defiant boost.

[Image: suicune.gif]
Suicune @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 118 HP / 248 SpA / 144 Spe
Bold
-Snarl
-Icy Wind
-Tailwind
-Scald

Wasn't Gen II the best? Suicune just gets its paws into everything. Ability to control speed, neuters special threats and burns physical ones. I  Heart Suicune.

[Image: sylveon.gif]
Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 94 HP / 120 Def /248 SpA / 48 SpD
Modest
-Hyper Voice
-Shadow Ball
-HP Ground
-Protect

I've never worked harder on a Pokemon. Exhausting. Special attacker with some staying power. Thought about going choice specs but I like more flexibility. Using an Eeveelution besides Umbreon feels like I'm cheating though :/ Did I mention I love Gen II?

Alright there she blows. I'll accept and appreciate any commentary or criticism. Thanks guys and gals!
Just as Naitre, mentioned you team is considerably weak to Fire but what worries me is the lack of immediate offense aside from Sucker Punch Bisharp. I'll only focus on the the four Pokemon here since Sylveon and Bisharp are standard but ok for this team.

For Metagross, its moveset is alright especially with Ice Punch to hit Landorus-T and Dragons hard. If you can try out Substitute on MegaGross just to handle block any potential status condition, Intimidates, and even Sucker Punch. Whimsicott try giving it Focus Sash instead of Sitrus berry since it's probably gonna die to a super effective hit. Protect is help scout out for Whimsicott in place of Worry Seed and can help you catch a opposing Protect from your opponent to encore the next turn. I also utilize a Calm Mind Cresselia that won me a live tournament here so its nice to see one being utilize. Smile If you plan on using Calm Mind Cresselia, try giving it a bit more Defense evs as well as a maybe a Colbur Berry to handle Knock Off/Dark Pulse from opposing Bisharp/Hydreigon. Another item you could run is Rocky Helmet which can be a bit trollish just to handle Mega Kangaskhan, especially if you can Moonlight the following turn. Only recommendation for Suicune is to try giving it a little bit of Defense investment and a Sitrus Berry for longevity. If you want to, give it 100 SpA evs and 20 SpD evs just in case to outspeed and ohko Choice Scarf Landorus-T with Tailwind.

Other than the obvious fire weakness, you team is alright. If you feel like your team is weak to either Charizard Y, try using a Terrakion with maybe Beat Up Whimsicott just to overwhelm the opposing team. That pretty much all I have to say.
Thanks for the suggestions! I ran into trouble with Talonflame, so I need to do some adjusting for that.