Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] VGC 2015 Team
Its that time of the year again and VGC 2015 has been announced! Although I am really not to excited for these rules as I prefer Kalos dex better, here is my potental team for VGC 2015!

[Image: politoed_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a496h.gif]
Politoed @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Drizzle
Level: 50
EVs: 68 HP / 50 Def / 190 SpA / 28 SpD / 172 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Rain Dance

This Politoed courtesy of Tygaa is a pretty solid build. It can live a Volt Switch from Mega Manectric as well as getting some health back from the berry. With automatic rain powering up scald as well as a 30% chance to burn the target it really is a no brainer and reliable attack. Rain dance is for those pesky Ninetails, Charizard Ys, Tyranitars, and Hippowdons. Hydro pump is just a Powerful move for filler.  

[Image: swampert_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48xa.gif]
Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 24 Def / 24 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect

This is the big guy we all want. Mega Swampert has a base attack of 150. Like Mega Mawile investing 252 attack Evs isnt the smartest option. 52 Attack evs puts Mega Swampert at 192 Attack, which hits like a train. 156 Speed is necessary as it outspeeds Timid Mega Sceptile in the rain, but beware of Ludicolo because it doesnt outspeed. Ice Punch for those pesky dragon and Landorus and Waterfall and earthquake for STAB damage.

[Image: ludicolo_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49dk.gif]
Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 76 HP / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fake Out
- Ice Beam
- Giga Drain

The Alex Ogloza set. Miror B couldnt be happier with this pokemon being a threat in VGC because ill tell you first hand it is. Fake out is good for Mega Kang, Talonflame, and just a first turn flinch. With 196 speed it outspeeds most of the VGC meta game. Giga Drain to get health back to make up for the Assault vest, Scald for physical defense, and Ice Beam for again, Dragons and Landorus.
[Image: thundurus_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48w6.gif]

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 172 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Discharge
- Thunder Wave
- Protect
- Rain Dance

Making a return is the Genies and what a way to come nack than with a Thundurus. Prankster gives this pokemon great coverage. As Oprah Winfrey would say, "you get a Thunder Wave, you get a Thunder wave, everyone is getting a Thunder wave!!!" Discharge gives it an attack that cant hit 2 pokemon on this team, but 2 other ones are weak to it. Rain dance so you dont have to bring Politoed every battle.
[Image: talonflame.png]
Talonflame @ Life Orb

Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Overheat
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

The Bord returns for another season of VGC. I gave my talonflame Overheat even with a Negative nature because it still OHKOs Ferrothorn when it isnt raining and can hit an Aegisash for Major damage without worrying about King's shield. Brave Bird hits everything hard and gets Priority with the Gale Wings ability. Finally Will-O-Wisp for a burn on those annaying physical attackers like Garchomp.
[Image: landorus_therian_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49ew.gif]

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 156 Atk / 12 Def / 84 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Finally, Landorus T is a very good pokemon as shown in VGC 13. Intimidate give both opposing pokemon -1 attack, which is off to a good start. A Scarfed Knock Off will get the almost guaranteed item loss for your opponent . Earthquake for STAB damage as well as hitting both of the opponents pokemon. Rock slide for Charizard and Talonflame, and U Turn to switch out while still dishing damage.

Hope you like my team, let me know how it works out for you guys Smile
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
I LOVE this team Idea. I had this Swift Swim and Drizzle plan against me recently. 10/10 Because I had something VERY similar to this.
EDIT: Problem is Scarf Landorus. Yache berry is pointless to the x4 weakness because he doesn't carry bulk at all. Switch up his EVs to the typical Speed and Attack and it is perfect. Keep note on Talonflame is a death bomber with no Roost and that Overheat will be nerfed due to rain and because Tflame isn't Sp.attacker. Thundurus you can run 252HP/252/Sp.Attack then 4 Speed. These crazy EV spreads take away from what he could due better. Run Thunder instead of Discharge so he can pair along with that Swift Swim Swampert and Poli better as well. Again for Swampert just max out his Attack and HP because adding the EVs to everything reduces his attack power possibility. Politoad SHOULD NOT be scarfed because him covering different types is what makes him work. Give him leftovers rather or Sitrus berry. and Again fix the EV spread on him. Max out that 252 Sp.attack and take advantage of the rain with STAB Scald. AND HE HAS DRIZZLE He doesn't need rain dance AT ALL. Put the rock that extends the period of that if you are worried about it. 10/10 8/8 Great idea but you need to fix some stuff now that I take a good look. Good luck.
VGC is very different in the terms of ev spreading. Some pokemon like Politoed dont need all 252 in sp atk because it is going to kill pokemon like Talonflame anyways. I run scarf on him because he can not outspeed alot of pokemon such as Garchomp. Using the evs in other stats like defenses and hp give the added bulk. Also the national champ used this Ludicolo and Politoed the same way. I only put Overheat on Talonflame for Ferrothorn and Aegislash so Spatk investments arent necessary. Thundurus is used to be a bulky troll type pokemon. It use is to take hits and paralyze my opponents. Landorus is used for intimidation and to be a defensive wall. Swampert definitely does not need all 252 in Attack because he has base 150 already without evs and ivs. Thank you for the help but I know what I am doing.
"Oh good, he isn't mod anymore"

-Everyone

plug
I like it, rain teams are one of the funnest type of teams to run in my opinion! I would think about finding a spot for taunt on Thundurus because trick room is very common right now. Rain mode tries to out speed/ damage opponents quickly and thats hard to do under trick room.
(Dec 17, 2014, 07:26 PM)MudkipLegend Wrote: VGC is very different in the terms of ev spreading. Some pokemon like Politoed dont need all 252 in sp atk because it is going to kill pokemon like Talonflame anyways. I run scarf on him because he can not outspeed alot of pokemon such as Garchomp.  Using the evs in other stats like defenses and hp give the added bulk. Also the national champ used this Ludicolo and Politoed the same way. I only put Overheat on Talonflame for Ferrothorn and Aegislash so Spatk investments arent necessary. Thundurus is used to be a bulky troll type pokemon. It use is to take hits and paralyze my opponents. Landorus is used for intimidation and to be a defensive wall. Swampert definitely does not need all 252 in Attack because he has base 150 already without evs and ivs. Thank you for the help but I know what I am doing.

I didn't plug your EV distribution into a calc, but to newcomers they weill seem odd. In the future on RMT it might help to explain what your EV spread is specifically trying to accomplish instead of just saying you "Know what you are doing"...otherwise it feels like you are posting in RMT merely to stroke your own ego.

For instance, without the Attack investment what does Swampert still hit that is important?

You did mention that Politoed is set up to live a Volt Switch from M-Manectric, but is that all it is EV'd to survive?