Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Weaknesses of my new VGC 2015 Team
Hi, I know this team is fairly standard but I would just like to know all of the flaws and weaknesses it has so that i can make changes in the future!

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 44 SpA / 100 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand
- Swagger
- Icy Wind

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Superpower

Thundurus (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Substitute

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Quick Attack

Scizor @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch

Thanks!
looks like a cool team kingboo. I did notice that most of the pokemon have above average speed so if cresseila uses trick room it could possibly end up hurting the team rather than helping.
#TeamForum

(Jan 13, 2015, 07:46 PM)tygaa2 Wrote: looks like a cool team kingboo. I did notice that most of the pokemon have above average speed so if  cresseila uses trick room it could possibly end up hurting the team rather than helping.

Yeah i know but i rarely bring cress, i usually only bring cress with scizor, sylveon and thundurus (who has prankster) so it normally works in my favour there except i am still heavily considering changing it

EDIT: But I also sometimes just use the icy wind if i feel i need fast pokes and cress
This is probably one of the worst trick room teams I have ever seen, on the real, though. How you gonna just let people go first in your on trick room?
(Jan 13, 2015, 08:08 PM)Wallace Wrote: This is probably one of the worst trick room teams I have ever seen, on the real, though. How you gonna just let people go first in your on trick room?

keep in mind it is not 100% based around trick room, as i said i will rarely bring cress as it is situational for me with sylveon and scizor. that is also y i am considering changing it just because i dont bring it that often.
(Jan 13, 2015, 08:08 PM)Wallace Wrote: This is probably one of the worst trick room teams I have ever seen, on the real, though. How you gonna just let people go first in your on trick room?

With Icy Wind on the only thing that MIGHT be able to benefit, my point still stands.
(Jan 13, 2015, 08:13 PM)Wallace Wrote:

With Icy Wind on the only thing that MIGHT be able to benefit, my point still stands.

i do agree and i do sometimes just bring cress for icy wind, swagger and helping hand to help my fast pokemon

EDIT: And for what naitre said, yes that might be the way to go actually.
(Jan 13, 2015, 08:15 PM)naitre Wrote: Why not just replace Trick Room with Moonlight to capitalize on Cresselia's bulk?

My entire point was that trick room is a waste of a move slot on your defense Cressalia where you could have a recovery move to benefit your bulk.
I echo the fact that Trick Room isn't effective as a move for this team. Moonlight is cool, but it would be more advantageous on a sun team. I suggest the following Cresselia moveset:

Psychic
Icy Wind
Helping Hand
Moonblast/Swagger

I don't like being locked into one offensive move on a taunt which is why I like Moonblast and Psychic, but if you want Swagger then Moonblast is the move to sacrifice because you get STAB with Psychic. What is the 112 DEF EVs for? I think 100 survives every threat, no?
(Jan 14, 2015, 09:03 PM)Hojunhu Wrote: I echo the fact that Trick Room isn't effective as a move for this team. Moonlight is cool, but it would be more advantageous on a sun team. I suggest the following Cresselia moveset:

Psychic
Icy Wind
Helping Hand
Moonblast/Swagger

I don't like being locked into one offensive move on a taunt which is why I like Moonblast and Psychic, but if you want Swagger then Moonblast is the move to sacrifice because you get STAB with Psychic. What is the 112 DEF EVs for? I think 100 survives every threat, no?

yeah, i might actually use that too, at the moment i am testing out how well moonlight goes generally but ive found myself not needing to bring cress that much. as for the 112 DEF evs, i cant quite remember, i think i just wanted even more defensive bulk. i kno it can survive every threat. worst case scenario, i need a new cress (very unlikely) but i can still catch a cress in AS and i have a reset bag if need be, but i dont think it matters too much atm.

Thanks for the feedback!