Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Which pokemon for last spot on Rain team
Ok so this is the first team ive ever made and im brand new to vgc. I have put quite a bit of time on the team so far and have managed a few wins with the minimal knowledge i have.Any and all criticism and suggestions are welcome.So the overall goal of the team originally was to take advantage of Togedemaru's crazy resistances. Teamed up with Pelliper its kind of like the ultimate coverage thanks to Rain cutting down on Toge's fire weakness. Rain then allowed me to search for super powered water stabs as my main win condition. Also the Tailwind support from Pelliper allowed me to utilize my Ev's away from speed and into other key areas.

Togedemaru @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Lightning Rod  
Level: 50  
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Spiky Shield  
- Fake Out  
- Poison Jab  
- Zing Zap             

Core member of the team. When combined with Pelipper the coverage is insane, making for alot of nice switch in's. Togedemaru's nature and ev's are set up to be tanky enough to stand up to Lele while exchanging an almost on par Zing Zap, get a flinch and you got it beat (seriously check the calcs on this toge vs lele). Its also tanky enough to take a hit from Arcanine thanks to the rain from Pelliper. Sitrus Berry for the extra staying power. Spiky Shield obviously is nice, Fake Out to help set up a safe turn one Tailwind if needed, Poison Jab to beat Koko (might want to switch to Helping Hand since Toge is rarely a target and its damage doesnt ohko anything) and Zing Zap for a stab (Thunder may be better since Raining gives 100% accuracy and Lightning Rod boosts SpA) Thunder and Helping Hand switch seems like it might be good now that i think about it, thoughts on this would be really appreiciated.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock  
Ability: Drizzle  
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 16 SpA / 148 SpD  
Bold Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Protect  
- Tailwind  
- Scald  
- Hurricane           

Other core member of team. BRING THE RAIN. Aside from all the benefits the Rain brings to the team, Pelliper also comes with its own speed control in the form of Tailwind. Ev's are set up to take hits so he can get his Damp Rock Rain going and get out with enough hp to be ready for a safe switch in if u sense Togedemaru or Tapu Bulu are about to take a super effective hit, or of course to get rid of pesky Hail. Scald is the stab of choice and with the Rain is no laughing matter. Hurricane is a lovely coverage move to help with Bulu's, Exeggcutor's and any other grass types.

Araquanid @ Choice Band  
Ability: Water Bubble  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Impish Nature  
- Protect  
- Liquidation  
- Leech Life  
- Poison Jab             

The Rainmaster. This thing in the rain can do disgusting damage via its ability Water Bubble, slap on a choice band and spam away their mons in a flurry of Liquidations. The stab is unreal and the stats say tank, making this spider the perfect closer to my extra tanky supportive team. Ev's are set up for maximum staying power since you dont need the damage (i havent ran many calcs on this one for optimal ev's maybe a few points in damage would be good any info on Araquanid calcs plz share!!). Leech life and poison jab u never use, but they are there.

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z  
Ability: Grassy Surge  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def  
Adamant Nature  
- Protect  
- Wood Hammer  
- Leech Seed  
- Superpower                 

My Tapu of choice. Bulu is here for 3 reasons. One is for the pure OHKO power of Wood Hammer, i havent found a electric type the Bulu doesnt OHKO which makes him perfect for standing with Toge during Discharge scares, which will run my win conditions off the field. Which leads me to the second reason hes here, his ability. While standing with Toge, warding off Discharges, the grassy terrain he provides also help to protect Toge from ground, give a small boost of healing to my tanky team setup, and to let me remove electric and psychic terrain if i need to. Superpower serves as some super effective coverage. 

Primarina @ Life Orb  
Ability: Torrent  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA  
Modest Nature  
- Hyper Voice  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Moonblast  
- Surf                     

The last two pokemon i have been playing around with. i knew i needed a trick for Trick room, then realized the team is already setup quite nicely to deal with popular trick room setups givin alot of them are fire and melt to water stabs. the main trick room problem i found was Drampa. Slapping a Life Orb on Primarina and OHKOing it was my answer, aside from that Primarina also benfits greaty from the Rain boosting up her Surf to splash alot of damage around. If she ends up in her sweet spot of her ability under Tailwind and Rain say goodbye to 2 enemy mons The Last mon im assuming i should use to deal with problematic pokemon, Celesteela is one off the top of my headPlease leave your thoughts im a new player and would really appriciate anything you have to say [Image: default_smile.png]
(Nov 28, 2016, 10:35 AM)Frat Wrote: Ok so this is the first team ive ever made and im brand new to vgc. I have put quite a bit of time on the team so far and have managed a few wins with the minimal knowledge i have.Any and all criticism and suggestions are welcome.So the overall goal of the team originally was to take advantage of Togedemaru's crazy resistances. Teamed up with Pelliper its kind of like the ultimate coverage thanks to Rain cutting down on Toge's fire weakness. Rain then allowed me to search for super powered water stabs as my main win condition. Also the Tailwind support from Pelliper allowed me to utilize my Ev's away from speed and into other key areas.

Togedemaru @ Sitrus Berry  
Ability: Lightning Rod  
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Spiky Shield  
- Fake Out  
- Poison Jab  
- Zing Zap             

Core member of the team. When combined with Pelipper the coverage is insane, making for alot of nice switch in's. Togedemaru's nature and ev's are set up to be tanky enough to stand up to Lele while exchanging an almost on par Zing Zap, get a flinch and you got it beat (seriously check the calcs on this toge vs lele). Its also tanky enough to take a hit from Arcanine thanks to the rain from Pelliper. Sitrus Berry for the extra staying power. Spiky Shield obviously is nice, Fake Out to help set up a safe turn one Tailwind if needed, Poison Jab to beat Koko (might want to switch to Helping Hand since Toge is rarely a target and its damage doesnt ohko anything) and Zing Zap for a stab (Thunder may be better since Raining gives 100% accuracy and Lightning Rod boosts SpA) Thunder and Helping Hand switch seems like it might be good now that i think about it, thoughts on this would be really appreiciated.

Pelipper @ Damp Rock  
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 16 SpA / 148 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Protect  
- Tailwind  
- Scald  
- Hurricane           

Other core member of team. BRING THE RAIN. Aside from all the benefits the Rain brings to the team, Pelliper also comes with its own speed control in the form of Tailwind. Ev's are set up to take hits so he can get his Damp Rock Rain going and get out with enough hp to be ready for a safe switch in if u sense Togedemaru or Tapu Bulu are about to take a super effective hit, or of course to get rid of pesky Hail. Scald is the stab of choice and with the Rain is no laughing matter. Hurricane is a lovely coverage move to help with Bulu's, Exeggcutor's and any other grass types.

Araquanid @ Choice Band  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD  
Impish Nature  
- Protect  
- Liquidation  
- Leech Life  
- Poison Jab             

The Rainmaster. This thing in the rain can do disgusting damage via its ability Water Bubble, slap on a choice band and spam away their mons in a flurry of Liquidations. The stab is unreal and the stats say tank, making this spider the perfect closer to my extra tanky supportive team. Ev's are set up for maximum staying power since you dont need the damage (i havent ran many calcs on this one for optimal ev's maybe a few points in damage would be good any info on Araquanid calcs plz share!!). Leech life and poison jab u never use, but they are there.

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def  
Adamant Nature  
- Protect  
- Wood Hammer  
- Leech Seed  
- Superpower                 

My Tapu of choice. Bulu is here for 3 reasons. One is for the pure OHKO power of Wood Hammer, i havent found a electric type the Bulu doesnt OHKO which makes him perfect for standing with Toge during Discharge scares, which will run my win conditions off the field. Which leads me to the second reason hes here, his ability. While standing with Toge, warding off Discharges, the grassy terrain he provides also help to protect Toge from ground, give a small boost of healing to my tanky team setup, and to let me remove electric and psychic terrain if i need to. Superpower serves as some super effective coverage. 

Primarina @ Life Orb  
Ability: Torrent  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA  
Modest Nature  
- Hyper Voice  
- Dazzling Gleam  
- Moonblast  
- Surf                     

The last two pokemon i have been playing around with. i knew i needed a trick for Trick room, then realized the team is already setup quite nicely to deal with popular trick room setups givin alot of them are fire and melt to water stabs. the main trick room problem i found was Drampa. Slapping a Life Orb on Primarina and OHKOing it was my answer, aside from that Primarina also benfits greaty from the Rain boosting up her Surf to splash alot of damage around. If she ends up in her sweet spot of her ability under Tailwind and Rain say goodbye to 2 enemy mons The Last mon im assuming i should use to deal with problematic pokemon, Celesteela is one off the top of my headPlease leave your thoughts im a new player and would really appriciate anything you have to say [Image: default_smile.png]

Note you have to consider all my suggestions, though some are to help improve the team at best.

To be honest, haven't seen much use of Togedemaru aside facing it myself a couple times on the ladder. Lightening Rod can protect yourself from Tapu Koko and other electric type attackers, but know some are now running Discharge to counteract the ability. Araquanid does has access to Wide Guard to block out the Discharge and other spread damage, but you'd probably need to find another retaliate back not just Bulu. Got carried away there, so back to Togedemaru. The only other options to consider is Encore to lock your opponent into an unfavorable attack, but you'd probably have to get rid of either Fake Out or Spiky Shield. Fake Out can be slashed for Encore since there's a huge Tapu Lele presence and how Psychic Terrain blocks out all priority from "grounded" users. Just feel Encore has some potential on this team, especially if you can lock the opponent into an Electric or Status move. Helping Hand is an interesting choice indeed as you can essentially boost something like Bulu's Wood Hammer or Araquinid's Liquidation to monstrous level to where something unresistant will surely faint. For item choice, Air Balloon is also appealing so you can kinda semi wall Garchomp, though its ally will probably attempt to pop the balloon to hit Togedemaru for quad effective damage. For EVs not to sure about them, but going to trust your judgement here since this is a support Togedemaru anyways. 

For Pelipper, can tell you made it be able to live a hit from Tapu Bulu's Wood Hammer in Grassy Terrain which can be great any all, except when runs a different item. The moveset is fine, just that I'd recommend an "Intimidate" user to be able to reduce the damage from Tapu Bulu or any physical attacker to further aid with Pelipper. The damage output from Pelipper is rather shallow at best, though I see why you want to run it since it has access to Tailwind. Now if you want, try to make the Pelipper a Life Orb attacker, but it might get wittle down over time. Did adjust the set a bit so Pelipper can outspeed the base 110s in tailwind. 

Pelipper @ Damp Rock  
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 44 SpA / 76 SpD / 44 Spe  
Bold Nature  
- Protect  
- Tailwind  
- Scald  
- Hurricane

For Araquinid, don't go full physical defense with a Choice Band, but instead go max attack Adamant with Choice Band. No seriously do it. If you don't know, Water Bubble double the damage output of all Water-type moves for Araquinid and the damage output is rather insane. As mentioned before, Wide Guard can be opted, but highly suggest to use Life Orb over Choice Band to avoid being choice locked into it. Jolly can be used to outspeed Tapu Koko and the others base 130s. For attacks, Poison Jab, Lunge, Leech Life, and Liquidation is the set to run for the Choice Band. For the Life Orb set, Wide Guard and Protect can replace both Lunge and Poison Jab. 

Araquanid @ Choice Band  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 244 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Liquidation  
- Leech Life  
- Poison Jab  
- Lunge

For Bulu, changed Leech Seed to Sword Dance so it can apply more offensive pressure. The EV Spread down below is changed so Tapu Bulu can outspeed Tapu Koko and other base 130s. Not much to change. 

Tapu Bulu @ Grassium Z  
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Def / 12 SpD / 44 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Wood Hammer  
- Superpower  
- Swords Dance  
- Protect

Primarina can have an Assault Vest, but idk what item choice you want to maintain on your team. Will leave it there. For the last mons, I think Salamence can fit on the team to provide intimidate support and can hit stuff with Draco Meteors, Hydro Pumps, or even EQ. Could recommend Garchomp as a Dragon-type, but Tapu Bulu's Grassy Terrain makes it difficult to spam EQ. Gastrodon is another Ground-type you can abuse with the rain and the Storm Drain ability.