Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Wondering about improvements to my team
My team is overall pretty good in terms of coverage, but its a really slow team, was wondering about any recommendations, and I would gladly take any (this team is for Battle Spot singles primarily, so no duplicate items or box/event legends) [only Pokemon I refuse to remove are Misdreavus and Mawile, I am open to moveset or EV modifications on them however]:
[Image: misdreavus.gif]
Affection (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252HP/252Def/4SpDef
Bold Nature
-Taunt
-Will-o-Wisp
-Shadow Ball
-Pain Split
[Image: kingdra.gif]
Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 4HP/252SpAtk/252SpDef
Timid Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor
-Dragon Pulse
-Focus Energy
[Image: mawile-mega.gif]
Mawile-M @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate/Huge Power
EVs: 252HP/252Atk/4SpDef
Adamant Nature
-Sucker Punch
-Fire Fang
-Play Rough
-Iron Head
[Image: crustle.gif]
UnderARock (Crustle) @ White Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
Adamant Nature
-Shell Smash
-Stone Edge
-X-Scissor
-Earthquake
[Image: exploud.gif]
Eddie (Exploud) @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252HP/252SpAtk/4SpDef
Modest Nature
-Boomburst
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast
-Ice Beam
[Image: clefable.gif]
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: can't recall the EV spread and I can't get exact numbers; looks like I have more Def EVs than SpDef and 252 HP EVs and some SpAtk EVs
Bold Nature
-Moonlight
-Stored Power
-Cosmic Power
-Dazzling Gleam
Mawile: you can get punished if your sucker punch get's predicted, you should put in Swords Dance, to prevent the oponnent to setup in your Mawile, change Fire Fang or Iron Head to swords Dance

Clefable: if you are going to use this team in singles, i would use Moonblast instead of Dazzling Gleam, it has more power, and have a chance to drop the enemy's SP.Atk
(Nov 16, 2014, 09:44 PM)Lilligant Wrote: Mawile: you can get punished if your sucker punch get's predicted, you should put in Swords Dance, to prevent the oponnent to setup in your Mawile, change Fire Fang or Iron Head to swords Dance

Clefable: if you are going to use this team in singles, i would use Moonblast instead of Dazzling Gleam, it has more power, and have a chance to drop the enemy's SP.Atk

Don't think my Clefable can learn Moonblast, its a Gen V Clefable.  Undecided
Add a goomy, always add a goomy.
(Nov 16, 2014, 09:46 PM)Carsonith Wrote: Add a goomy, always add a goomy.

Some less sarcastic information would help.  Undecided
(Nov 16, 2014, 09:46 PM)zenophobia Wrote:
(Nov 16, 2014, 09:44 PM)Lilligant Wrote: Mawile: you can get punished if your sucker punch get's predicted, you should put in Swords Dance, to prevent the oponnent to setup in your Mawile, change Fire Fang or Iron Head to swords Dance

Yes it can, it learns at lv 46, just go to the move releaner Wink
(Nov 16, 2014, 09:48 PM)Lilligant Wrote:
(Nov 16, 2014, 09:46 PM)zenophobia Wrote:

Yes it can, it learns at lv 46, just go to the move releaner Wink

Just went to the move relearner, it doesn't give me Moonblast as an option.  Sad
oh, i guess you ned to bring a lv 45 clefairy frmo Gen V and level it up on X/Y then :x
Misdreavus

I don't know much about this pokemon so I can't say anything about it but I love to see a pokemon like this on a team! :D

Kingdra

I would go with Ice beam instead of Draco meteor or Dragon pulse to get more coverage. This move is 4x against dragon and can take out most dragons in one hit with the EVs you have. (You also have ofc the 10% chance of freezing the target then. kappa)

Mawile-M

I would also go with a  sword-dance Mawile because of the same reason as already mentioned, most people know that Mawile carries sucker punch so the risk of getting punished because of that is huge.

Crustle

Another great pokemon that you don't see often! The set seems fine I would only rather put the Life Orb/Expert Belt on Crustle than the White Herb

Exploud

Did you ever consider running Choice Specs on it instead of a life orb? Choice Specs + Boomburst works great!

Clefable
Calm mind/Moon blast/Soft-Boiled/Flamethrower, 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD and a calm/bold nature.

This set would work great but since your Clefable can't learn Moon blast: what about this Clefable set?

Double-Edge/ Grass Knot / Fire Blast / Soft-Boiled, 4 HP/252 Atk/252 SpA and a brave nature

You could also give Clefable a toxic orb and replace Double-Edge with facade to hit harder

and i'm sorry if I wrote something wrong. I'm still pretty new to rating teams so just don't mind this comment if it sounds stupid kappa/
Your team is just a bit of everything. It is right there to where it COULD work but how it would I have no idea. Misreavous I have no idea about. Kingdra is perfect for a rain dance team to help its speed then you can specs it. Mawile needs Swords Dance because you have 2 Non-STAB moves that can help out but need a boost. IMO get rid of Fire fang. Rolling with the STAB moves that are x1 and not x2 but have a +2 SD boost goes further. As for everybody else I have no experience with them. Good luck in having success in your team!