Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] double duck
Brick 
Hello guys! I need some good feedbacks about my rain team. I think it's pretty solid, but i feel that it could be better so please, help me to improve it, 'cause i have some trouble with Porygon and other mons.

here is the team:

Nihilego @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Level: 50
EVs: 36 HP / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

The first of my problem, i'm not sure about these mon, and i'm thinking to change it with pheromosa.

Kartana @ Assault Vest
EVs: 116 HP / 4 Atk / 4 Def / 132 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash

Standard assault vest Kartana, pretty useful i used AV over focus sash because of pelipper.

Tapu Koko @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam/Discharge
- Volt Switch/Discharge
- Discharge

I'm thinking to change choice specs with LO because i'm suffering the lack of possibility to change move during the battle... It has a standard ev spread.

Golduck @ Waterium Z
Ability: Swift Swim
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Protect

Standard golduck, Ice beam over encore for mirror matches with other double duck teams and because i really need an ice move in my team.

Pelipper @ focus sash
Ability: Drizzle
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Protect
- Hurricane

Not much to say about pelipper, standard EV spread and set.

Krookodile @ Groundium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 52 HP / 156 Atk / 44 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Taunt
- Protect

I chose Krookodile over garchomp because of Taunt, that's my way to block TR teams in the first turn, Groundium Z is to do massive damage to Tapu kokos, Metagross and other pokemon that are wick to ground moves. Intimidate helps me againts Gyarados and other pokemons.

I feel i need some changes. First i wanna change Nihilego with Pheromosa, and than maybe i need some item change on Koko or Krookodile. The real problem is that if I run Pheromosa with luctium Z than i would hve three mons with a Z crystal... Let me know what do you think about my team, pls if you wanna suggest me some changes do it!

P.S. sorry for my bad english but that's not my first language.
Having Discharge, Volt Switch and Thunderbolt doesn't give much coverage.
Dazzling gleam will only do 25% of the damage, and with low-base power 
" Moves that can hit multiple Pokémon have their damage reduced by 25%, unless there is only one target at the time the move is executed." ~ Bulbipedia

Your team also seems weak to Trick Room, Tapu Koko and Nihilego with a 4x weakness to Ground moves, though as long as you get the Taunt up, you look fine.
Another problem is that most people who have a Pelipper and a pokemon with Swift Swim, they will more often then not lead with a Pelipper and get the Tailwind, so it's very predictable
You need a slow, bulky Pokemon like Gigalith or Mudsdale, they are very slow and useful in trick room

I did the damage calculations and these are the results ~

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Dazzling Gleam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 270-320 (75.6 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

This means you will 2HKO a BLANK Garchomp

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Arcanine in Electric Terrain: 628-739 (378.3 - 445.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

You will OHKO a VGC 2017 252 AtK, 252 Spe under Electric Terrain

252 SpA Choice Specs Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 244 HP / 76+ SpD Arcanine in Electric Terrain: 519-612 (264.7 - 312.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

You will also kill the VGC 2017 244 HP, 188 Def, 76 Def.

again, im no expert at battling so its probably inaccurate..
Taunt stops only P2: all other TR setters use Mental Herb/Psychium Z, and they are often followed by a Fake Out Hariyama. The simplest way to solve this problem is using a P2 as TR remover, but you can even use two phazers or Lele+st able to OHKO Mimikyu. (Metagross?)

Give that Koko Thunder. It's a Rain team, c'mon.

If you want more sheer power run Brine instead of Scald on Pelipper.

Why are you using Nihilego? And why with HP Fire? AV Kartana seems to cover its main targets.

Idk nothing about your Krookodile's spread, but maxing its Spe doesn't seems necessary: that's an uncommon speed tier without key threats.

Oppo's AV Kartana are a big problem. I'd prefer Buzzwole over Pheromosa because it loves Rain and Tailwind, but the point is to use a fighting type.
ty you for all your answers. I changed Nihilego with LO Buzzwole and now i can knock out porygon. But i'm still feeling unconfortable with this team... maybe I need to change some spread? or do I need to change other mons?

Here is the Big mosquito set Smile

Buzzwole @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Leech Life
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Damage Calcs:

Offensive:

-1 252 Atk Buzzwole Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Krookodile: 174-206 (101.7-120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Buzzwole Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tapu Bulu: 172-204 (97.1-115.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Defensive:

252+ Atk Arcanine Flare Blitz vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Buzzwole: 152-182 (83-99.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Your calcs don't consider LO. o.o
Anyway I think using st that reduces its bulk (the main reason to use it over Pheromosa) it's a bad idea. Here you can find tested and successful sets, with more proper items and elaborated spreads. The OT mentions the set used by the auther of this report.