Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[RATE MY TEAM] Need suggestions for improvement
Ok so this is my team at the moment. It's is fairly successful when playing with it. My biggest issue is that I mainly start with Milotic and Mega Metagross. I don't have a problem with it because it works for me but in a 3 game series it might not. I just want some suggestions for improvement.

Milotic
Modest Nature
Ability: competitive
item: assault vest

icy wind
ice beam
dragon tail
hydro pump

252 HP/28Def/160SpA/64SpD/4Spe

M-Metagross
Jolly Nature
Ability: clear body
item: metagrossite

protect
substitute
iron head
zen headbutt

252Atk/252Spe/4HP

Garchomp
Jolly Nature
Ability: rough skin
item: rocky helmet

earthquake
dragon claw
rock slide
protect

252Atk/252Spe/4Def

Rotom-W
Bold Nature
Ability: Levitate
Item: chesto berry

Volt switch
hydro pump
will-o-wisp
Rest

252HP/252Def/4SpA

Chandelure
Timid Nature
Ability: Flash fire
item: choice scarf

fire blast
shadow ball
hidden Power dragon
energy ball

252SpA/252Spe/4Def

Serperior
Timid Nature
Ability: Contrary
Item: Focus Sash

leaf storm
dragon pulse
knock off
giga drain

252SpA/252Spe/4SpD

Any and all suggestions are welcome.
A couple of things I noticed is that you are running 4 different dragon moves on 4 different pokemon. Now I can understand dragon claw on garchomp and even dragon tail on milotic, but the dragon pulse on serperior seems a bit out of place to me. So does the HP Dragon on the chand.

Also the knock off on serperior seems to be odd since serperior is a special attacker, and a frail one at that. True that knockoff will still remove an item from a pokemon but it's damage is gonna be so minor that it may not even be worth the trade. I'd also like to add that with the mega popularity of sylveon and a lot of other fairy types that any dragon moves will be walked out with their immunity to that typing. Having one or 2 moves is fine but 4 seems a bit redundant.

On the milotic I would really recommend running scald over hydro pump just for the guaranteed hit with it, plus has a 30% chance to burn. Now I know hydro pump does more base damage but in the long run I still feel that scald will be more useful against not only types weak to water but also any physical attacker that doesnt want to be burned.
I wouldn't really suggest having substitute on Meta-Metagross. Ice punch, Thunder punch, or Grass knot might serve you better. Chandelure could use some improvement too: I would suggest using Overheat over Fire blast, and replacing HP Dragon with either HP Ice or Heat wave. Careful with using a Milotic Mega Metagross lead. Metagross is fairly slow before mega-evolving, so take that into account. I've tried using a Mega Metagross and Mat block Greninja before, and it's fairly useful, so you can try that if you want.
Overall, I like your team. I noticed some things that you can change.

On your chandelure, why have HP dragon when HP ice gives you a better coverage against for example Landorus T.
And since you're running assault vest on your milotic maybe you should invest some more EV's in defense and maybe change the nature to bold to make it even more bulky. There's alot of 252, 252 EV spreads which isn't always bad, but you might want to consider to change them to for example "Survive double edge from mega salamence and kangaskhan" And offensive like "Can I OHKO a 252Hp heatran with this earthquake. Go to nuggetbridge, there's a really well written article there about EV-spreads Smile
Since you're running Icy Wind on Milotic, running max speed and jolly nature on Metagross may not be necessary so you can invest into more bulk. Infiltrator Chandelure is better for it bypasses Safeguard, Substitute and Light Screen which allows it to attack without being affected by the opponents screens or subs set up. Probably run Serperior with Protect because of what outspeeds it and kills it. Also it can throw the opponent off if you make good predictions and protect accordingly
[Insert signature here]
Thanks guys I really appreciate the feedback and Ill take all your advice in consideration while trying to improve my team.