Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Few questions on EVs
So i know EVs are statboosts that every pokemon can obtain simply by fighting wild pokemon.
Different Pokemon give different kinds of EVs.(like HP,DEF etc.)
There is a maximum of EVs a pokemon can obtain , max is 252. per stat.

I hope thats right so far , now my questions.

Do i waste EV when my Pokemon gets more than 252. EV in one stat or does it not count?

Can i reset EV points if i did something wrong?

Does the EV value stay the same when the Pokemon evolves or do i need to give it again EV training?

lookin forward to see your answers, thank you.

~Feax  :D
Naw it would just stay at 252 that's the max.

Yea there are berries that will make it go down.

And yes they do stay the same unless you use those berries
Not to be that guy, But i have to be that guy. I went to google. typed in "Effort values pokemon" and behold. everything answerd in 0.7 secounds.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values
Shachi's a monster to go against -  wpendragon

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower. Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
(Oct 21, 2015, 06:05 AM)Shachi Wrote: Not to be that guy, But i have to be that guy. I went to google. typed in "Effort values pokemon" and behold. everything answerd in 0.7 secounds.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Effort_values

Sorry bout that but i rather communicate with people than looking it up , if i caused you troubles i am sorry.
I am new to this forum so i don t know whats worth writting a thread and what is not.
:c
(Oct 21, 2015, 05:49 AM)Feax Wrote: So i know EVs are statboosts that every pokemon can obtain simply by fighting wild pokemon.
Different Pokemon give different kinds of EVs.(like HP,DEF etc.)
There is a maximum of EVs a pokemon can obtain , max is 252. per stat.

I hope thats right so far , now my questions.

Do i waste EV when my Pokemon gets more than 252. EV in one stat or does it not count?

Can i reset EV points if i did something wrong?

Does the EV value stay the same when the Pokemon evolves or do i need to give it again EV training?

lookin forward to see your answers, thank you.

~Feax  :D

Once you reach 252 you won't gain any more EVs in that stat. And the max total EVs you can have is 508, meaning you can have 2 stats with max investment and one with 4 (but often times it's best to spread the investment out more evenly to allow it to survive particular attacks. You will see this a lot in VGC). Also technically you can invest 510 but the last 2 EVs don't actually increase your stats at all, as it takes 4 EVs to increase a stat at level 100. This also means at level 50 (which is what level your Pokemon will be scaled down to on Battle Spot) investing 4 EVs might make no difference to the stat. The easiest way to check if you're wasting EVs this way is to first get the EV spread you would like, plug it in to Pokemon Showdown's Teambuilder at level 50, reduce each value by 4 and if the stat value on the right doesn't decrease, keep the lower EV investment and place those EVs in another stat.

Sorry I kind of went off on a tangent, just seemed pointless to teach you about EVs without teaching you about how to maximise what you get out of them, on with the next questions.

There are berries which lower EVs in one stat, as well as the occasional Reset Bag you earn from super training which resets all EVs.

Yes the EVs stay the same after evolution.