Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Hidden ability (ORAS)
Hello friends o/ ^^
I am new to the 6. generation and played the games befor that rather casual, i didn t know
about hidden abilities IVs EVs etc. .
But because i know all that stuff now i really want to archiv them.

I would be really glad if just one takes his/her time to answer my question, thank you

If i catch as example an eevee with the hidden ability "Anticipation" and i envolve her to sylveon,
does it have still the hidden ability "Anticipation" or does it change to "Pixilate".
If not, how do i get a sylveon with it. ^^

If i breed that eevee(Anticipation) with a Ditto, does the child of them have it aswell?

Also, is there any other way to tell a pokemon has a hidden ability or is the Dexnav the only tool that
has the information?

Thanks for taking the time to read all my nonsense,
hope u can help :D

~Feax
Okay, So here's how it goes.

Passing down hidden abilities.
Females have an 80% chance to pass down their hidden abilitites.
Males can pass down their hidden abilities, but only when they're bred with a Ditto, but the chances are significantly lesser.
However, take for example Eevee who's hidden abilitiy is anticipation, when it evolves, sylveon who's hidden ability is different, pixilate. But hidden ability slot remains. So if you breed the sylveon with pixilate, you will get an eevee with anticipation, with the above odds (I think Sylveon's give birth to eevee's don't know how that dynamic works exactly. but you get my drift.)

There are multiple ways to find out the ability of a wild pokemon,
1) Have a pokemon with Trace at the front of your party, it will trace the wild pokemon's ability and you'll know whether it is hidden or not.
2) Use the move skill swap. It swaps the abilities of the user and the other pokemon
3) You can also use the move worry seed, which will cause the other pokemon's ability to change to insomnia. But you'll need to keep looking at the screen or you wont know what it was before it became insomnia. Also, Since you give the wild pokemon insomnia, you cant put it to sleep before catching :P

I hope this helps. :P
ahhh ok thanks , so eevee's ability changes to Pixilate when evolved to Sylveon , however breeding a female Sylveon with Pixilate has 80% chance givin the eevee Anticipation xD

hope thats right ^^
Only an Eevee with ability Anticipation changes to Pixilate when it evolves. Because Anticipation and Pixilate are the hidden abilities.
But if the eevee has adaptability or runaway, it will get cute charm when it becomes Sylveon. So if the pre evolution had its hidden ability, it will evolve and have a hidden ability, else not.