Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[REQUEST] Quick question...
What does the Pentagon symbol next to a pokemon mean? I assumed that it meant that the pokemon was legit, but I'm not too sure... 
: \
If anyone knows, I would appreciate it If you could answer this Smile
It means that the pokemon has been obtained in the VI gen through legit methods such as capturing, hatching an egg, trading, getting an event pokemon, etc. it will not show up for pokemon obtained in the previous gens or for hacked pokemon (I'm not totally sure if this part is true, and if it is, there is probably some method to make it have the pentagon, but I'm not too experienced with hacking so i wouldn't totally know.)
A blue pentagon is an icon displayed on the summary screen of Pokémon obtained in the Generation VI games. Pokémon that are hatched, caught, or received as a gift in a Generation VI game will have a icon on their summary screen near the markings.
The minute you think of giving up, think of the reason why you held on so long.
@Excalibur0126  @beakonizer 
Thx! Smile
What they said was true, but a hacked Pokemon can definitely have a blue pentagon. But you don't need to worry, you'll never get traded anything that's impossible to obtain by regular means.
RIP Miranda Cosgrove 1975-2017
One time I got a lvl 100 shiny Seviper off or wonder trade, but since it didn't have a pentagon I assumed it was hacked. Now I know thanks guys
Life only happens once. Make the most out of it.

I main Tracer for some reason...
My Friend Safari is Flying with Pidgey, Fletchiender and Swanna. Feel free to add me!

Also, my name is Hayden... Why am I Johnnyspyguy?