Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Regional Team prep and edit help Mega Venusaur team
Hey guys I'm Mellow (Markell Marcel Thornton) and I need some help for an upcoming regional I'll explain why I chose each and every individual Pokemon down below and what they actually do/bring to the team.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 126 Def / 76 SAtk / 52 SDef / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Protect

This guy is very good for getting me out of sticky situations as soon as I get main threats like Talonflame,Mega mence and psychic types out of the way I can stall out any of his Pokemon the down side is if he burns me my Leech seed won't be giving me as much recovery which sucks.

Heatran @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 250 HP / 252 SAtk / 8 SDef
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Protect

I mainly chose Heatran for his bulk and ability to damage Amoongus and Sylveons but now I'm thinking really hard about running a sub Leftovers set like Cybertron what do you guys think about that?

Suicune @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 212 HP / 4 Def / 214 SAtk / 60 SDef / 20 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Snarl
- Tailwind

My tailwind setter and mega Mence killer its pretty self explanatory what his job is it helps my Venusaur out speed and makes my other Pokemon faster if I get one tailwind off and get a great positioning it pretty much seals me any game even vs Encore disable combos surprisingly I struggled my self into victory xD

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 4 SAtk / 134 SDef / 44 Spd
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

My speedy taunter and other speed control this Pokemons a pain to deal with and it suits my conservative/aggressive play style wonderfully.

Landorus-T @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Been thinking about making this an assault vest set its main job is to simply kill off talonflames and intimidate things that can OHKO suicune or OHKO Venusaur. What do you guys think about assault vest?

Terrakion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Quick Guard
- Protect

My favorite Kang killer I love this thing kta on all of my teams to stop priority users and to kill kanga this beat is a staple to any of my teams yes this is repetitive but I gotta be clear he's a staple haha.

Overall I need some help this team works great I win like 70% of my battles with it but I wanted to know what would you guys do to improve my sets and would you change Lando to assult vest and Heatran to a sub set? If so what set do you have that works??? Thanks for reading and helping me out.
This team may have problems outlasting a Trick Room team. You already have Thunder Wave and Tailwind so scarfing Landorus seems a bit overkill. You could just run a bulky Landorus or a Choice Band/Life Orb set since you get the speed control with Suicune and Thundurus already.
It would be better to run Sub-Heatran than the Shuca Berry set since with Substitute you can avoid attacks from Pokemon that are slower than you for that turn.
[Insert signature here]
(Apr 15, 2015, 07:37 PM)Marcusube Wrote: This team may have problems outlasting a Trick Room team. You already have Thunder Wave and Tailwind so scarfing Landorus seems a bit overkill. You could just run a bulky Landorus or a Choice Band/Life Orb set since you get the speed control with Suicune and Thundurus already.
It would be better to run Sub-Heatran than the Shuca Berry set since with Substitute you can avoid attacks from Pokemon that are slower than you for that turn.
it actually has 0 problems with that I've beaten a pretty we'll constructed tr team with this team before.
(Apr 15, 2015, 07:37 PM)Marcusube Wrote: This team may have problems outlasting a Trick Room team. You already have Thunder Wave and Tailwind so scarfing Landorus seems a bit overkill. You could just run a bulky Landorus or a Choice Band/Life Orb set since you get the speed control with Suicune and Thundurus already.
And which do you prefer Assault vest Landorus - T or life orb/Band?
How would you fix my tr match up?
You could switch out Terrakion for Bisharp or Escavalier. Taking out Terrakion gets rid of your imbalance against Water and Psychic. Both Bisharp and Escavalier can do well against Trick Room teams. With Escavalier, you can get back a user of Quick Guard (assuming you had that on Terrakion.) Choosing Escavalier though would open you up to a Rock Weakness, however 4 of your Pokemon have attacks super-effective against Rock lol. Plus, you have Intimidate. If you want another good Fighting type for M-Kang, you could also go with Scrafty. Hope I helped. Smile
(Apr 16, 2015, 05:59 AM)AbruptFury Wrote: You could switch out Terrakion for Bisharp or Escavalier. Taking out Terrakion gets rid of your imbalance against Water and Psychic. Both Bisharp and Escavalier can do well against Trick Room teams. With Escavalier, you can get back a user of Quick Guard (assuming you had that on Terrakion.) Choosing Escavalier though would open you up to a Rock Weakness, however 4 of your Pokemon have attacks super-effective against Rock lol. Plus, you have Intimidate. If you want another good Fighting type for M-Kang, you could also go with Scrafty. Hope I helped. Smile
Waters not really a weakness because I have things that can handle that. Bishap gives me a fighting weakness and would pretyy much put me in the same position as Cressalia + Hariyama would.
spread your heatran evs out
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
(Apr 16, 2015, 09:05 AM)Chimchared7 Wrote: spread your heatran evs out
What do you mean and what is that gonna do? Heatran hasn't been giving me problems tbh he does his job.
Escavalier would work over Heatran seeing as how you have 4 special attackers and 2 physical attackers, not to mention that those 2 physical attackers share a common weakness to Water. Escavalier has less weaknesses than Heatran plus its Overcoat ability allows it to switch into Spores safely not to mention that it can OHKO a Cresselia 50% of the time and OHKO Sylveon as well which is good in stopping Trick Room all together.

In this case I would go for Life Orb Landorus and possibly run Protect over Superpower.
[Insert signature here]