Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Regional Team prep and edit help Mega Venusaur team
(Apr 16, 2015, 02:04 PM)Marcusube Wrote: Escavalier would work over Heatran seeing as how you have 4 special attackers and 2 physical attackers, not to mention that those 2 physical attackers share a common weakness to Water. Escavalier has less weaknesses than Heatran plus its Overcoat ability allows it to switch into Spores safely not to mention that it can OHKO a Cresselia 50% of the time and OHKO Sylveon as well which is good in stopping Trick Room all together.

In this case I would go for Life Orb Landorus and possibly run Protect over Superpower.
Well your pretty much suppose to have 4 special 2 physical its the standard in vgc I'm working on making a new team all together.
(Apr 16, 2015, 08:24 AM)mellowvgc Wrote: Waters not really a weakness because I have things that can handle that. Bishap gives me a fighting weakness and would pretyy much put me in the same position as Cressalia + Hariyama would.

Well, I ran your team through http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/ and that's what it said. That there was a concern with coverage against Psychic type attacks and Water type attacks. When I replaced Terrakion with Bisharp and Scrafty, the concern was minimized. If you have M-Venusaur out and needs a switch-out cuz there is a Psychic attack coming your way, one of those two would work nicely. I wouldn't say Fighting would be too much of a concern if you added Bisharp because you have M-Venusaur, Landorus, and Thundurus. You also have great Fire switch-ins and Ground immune switch-ins.
ok when it cant take a greninja scald dont come crying to me
#teamreplay

"They call me damage"  

#Freewolf

Lets make the Pokemon Forever Forum Great Again!
(Apr 16, 2015, 09:02 PM)AbruptFury Wrote:
(Apr 16, 2015, 08:24 AM)mellowvgc Wrote: Waters not really a weakness because I have things that can handle that. Bishap gives me a fighting weakness and would pretyy much put me in the same position as Cressalia + Hariyama would.

Well, I ran your team through http://www.teammagma.net/teambuilder/ and that's what it said. That there was a concern with coverage against Psychic type attacks and Water type attacks. When I replaced Terrakion with Bisharp and Scrafty, the concern was minimized. If you have M-Venusaur out and needs a switch-out cuz there is a Psychic attack coming your way, one of those two would work nicely. I wouldn't say Fighting would be too much of a concern if you added Bisharp because you have M-Venusaur, Landorus, and Thundurus. You also have great Fire switch-ins and Ground immune switch-ins.

I was gonna comment about your team here but AbruptFury already talked about some of the main inconsistencies from a synergistic standpoint. This team already has a strong core with Mega Venusaur, Heatran, Suicune, and Thundurus considering this is a common FWG core plus Prankster T-Wave/Taunt support from Thundurus. The main concern here lies with using both Terrakion and Landorus-T in the same team which I don't agree with partly because it gives you a massive weakness to both Psychic and Water types. Water Pokemon (and rain teams) already threaten about half your team and at worse counteract the usual Mega Venusaur, Thundurus or Suicune leads here. Just remember when facing against rain teams as they won't go with their usual rain mode and likely target down either Mega Venusaur and Thundurus first. Psychic types like Mega Metagross, Mega Gardevoir, Cresselia, Gothithelle, and Lati@s are going to be a pain in the *** to face as they can just spam their STAB moves to hopefully target down Mega Venusaur. Another concern which AbruptFury touch on a bit was the lack of Ghost resist for this team as you literally have no solid answer to Ghost like Gengar (both regular and Mega), Sableye, and Aegislash.

If I had to decided which Pokemon to replace, it probably be the Terrakion because Landorus-T's Intimidate ability is far more useful for helping the rest of the team bulk overall while remedying the weakness to Water and Psychic. Again credit to AbruptFury, you'll likely need a Dark type like either Bisharp, Scrafty, or even Hydreigon (if you don't care about Snarl/Light Screen) since it can help improve your matchup with Ghost/Dark types as well as Trick Room setters (honestly your team doesn't have an great answer for). Bisharp can give you another semi-wallbreaker to beat bulky Pokemon, priority in Sucker Punch which your team needs and an answer to stat dropping moves/abilities like Intimidate, Icy Wind/ElectroWeb, Snarl, etc. Scrafty on the other hand gives this team a second Intimidate user, potential Quick Guard/Fake Out/Snarl support, and already has semi-perfect STAB coverage (bar Fairy types). I say you should try playtesting these two Pokemon while you are at it and see if they can help your main team.

Both Landorus-T and Terrakion we all know have their respective niche roles to fulfill but