Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

Revival Of The Lost Game Genres!
[Image: 11bdnUJ.png]

The similarities are insane!

-All 3 are revived game genres which were long lost.
-All 3 were revived by their original game creator.
-All 3 were created because of issues (Capcom not making a Mega Man game in ages, Rare being purchased by Microsoft and doing very little with the IP, The Konami/Kojima Incident + No Castlevania game in years.)
-Not to mention they are all being released on the following years!

So now the question is... what's next?
While Metal Gear Solid isn't a "lost genre," I do see Kojima making a spiritual successor.
But what else could be coming? What do you guys want to see spiritual successors of?

tjfRekt Capcom, Rare, and Konami.
i think its a good think that they are going back to some epic genres but i dont agree naitre that games are getting stale look at splatoons xenoblade x star fox u and other games like bloodborne lords of the fallen witcher
Witcher 3 HYPE!!!! :D
Look at this Tweet from Grant Kirkhope (The composer of the music in Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, DK64 and loads of others and soon to be Yooka-Laylee)

I think it's interesting that he was saying that games like Yooka-Laylee should be made, but everyone was telling him they shouldn't. Obviously 3D platformers are something people want, otherwise Yooka-Laylee wouldn't have hit £1.5M in it's Kickstarter (There is still 35 days to go at the time of writing this as well...) Maybe it's the nostalgia of Banjo Kazooie that's making some people excited for this, but for me personally, it's nice to something that hasn't been done for a while.
I think Naitre is right, Big companies don't want to take a risk

The reason I feel like gaming has become stale is FPS games  are getting made every year *cough* CoD *cough* . I hear people complain about CoD being washed up, but yet they still by the next version when it comes out, and the version after that. And because sales of games like this are so high, it seems to overshadow other games (at least in my opinion)
(May 12, 2015, 08:52 AM)Eckley Wrote: Look at this Tweet from Grant Kirkhope (The composer of the music in Banjo Kazooie/Tooie, DK64 and loads of others and soon to be Yooka-Laylee)

I think it's interesting that he was saying that games like Yooka-Laylee should be made, but everyone was telling him they shouldn't. Obviously 3D platformers are something people want, otherwise Yooka-Laylee wouldn't have hit £1.5M in it's Kickstarter (There is still 35 days to go at the time of writing this as well...) Maybe it's the nostalgia of Banjo Kazooie that's making some people excited for this, but for me personally, it's nice to something that hasn't been done for a while.
I think Naitre is right, Big companies don't want to take a risk

The reason I feel like gaming has become stale is FPS games  are getting made every year *cough* CoD *cough* . I hear people complain about CoD being washed up, but yet they still by the next version when it comes out, and the version after that. And because sales of games like this are so high, it seems to overshadow other games (at least in my opinion)
its because everybody hates but loves cod at he same time like its the same thing but its fun to play with friends and the BO campaigns are pretty good
(May 12, 2015, 09:04 AM)naitre Wrote: There's a huge disconnect between what gamers want and what developers think they want. For example, some gamers miss the old style of Resident Evil games and wish it'd go back to its roots because of how disappointed they are with how the series has turned. What does Capcom do? Re-release the first Resident Evil again for the third time instead of creating a spiritual successor of sorts.

This.. I'm not against remakes by any means, but there's a point when a game should stop being remade, and they should come up with something innovative.

(May 12, 2015, 09:07 AM)thewigglingwurmple Wrote: its because everybody hates but loves cod at he same time like its the same thing but its fun to play with friends and the BO campaigns are pretty good

Don't get me wrong, I liked call of duty, but now after so many releases it's become boring. MW2 was my favourite, and I think that's where they should have stopped. I don't feel like the new ones have added anything, but we all know they'll be making more
It's a bit too much to proclaim that these games have "revived" a genre when none of them are even out yet.