Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SUN/MOON] Egg Groups and Breeding in Sun/Moon
Rainbow 
Hey guys! So, I'm starting to set up everything I need to start doing a lot of breeding in Sun and Moon and had a question. Is there a list somewhere of the Egg groups that the new Pokemon belong to/confirmation that no Egg groups of previously gen Pokemon haven't changed/info on whether Alolan forms share the same Egg groups as their non-Alolan counterparts? 

Also, what do you think are the most useful currently obtainable Pokemon in Sun and Moon to breed for parents? Males, I mean, who belong to popular egg groups or multiple egg groups with desirable Pokemon in them. I was focusing on Field first, since it's the largest, but obviously there's much more than that to work on.
The most useful parent is of course smeargle since it can learn anything you want it to. Since it can do that it can pass tons of egg moves down, AND its in field so you can spread its IV's all over the place. The best in terms of just breeding is Ditto which can be found on the mountain path from Mount Hokulani to Route 10 on Ula'ula Island. If you SOS chain them you can get a max 4IV ditto after about 40 or so chains as well as possibly finding a shiny or hidden ability ditto. Shoudl you just want to have a 6iv parent at all times, I suggest getting a 6IV smeargle, and breeding its 6IV's into pokemon that share Field with another egg group, such as water 1.

As for finding egg group pokemon I suggest http://www.serebii.net/games/breed.shtml
George R.R Martin wrote 2016 :L
                                                                        #LillieDefenseSquad

You don't look so well... how bout 50cc's of LINKS!?
(Nov 28, 2016, 09:35 AM)w2gMk Wrote: The most useful parent is of course smeargle since it can learn anything you want it to. Since it can do that it can pass tons of egg moves down, AND its in field so you can spread its IV's all over the place. The best in terms of just breeding is Ditto which can be found on the mountain path from Mount Hokulani to Route 10 on Ula'ula Island. If you SOS chain them you can get a max 4IV ditto after about 40 or so chains as well as possibly finding a shiny or hidden ability ditto. Shoudl you just want to have a 6iv parent at all times, I suggest getting a 6IV smeargle, and breeding its 6IV's into pokemon that share Field with another egg group, such as water 1.

As for finding egg group pokemon I suggest http://www.serebii.net/games/breed.shtml

Smeargle is definitely on my priority list to breed. And I didn't realize Serebeii had updated already with SunMoon, thank you!