Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

SLURPUFF HELP
Heart 
I want to have a Slurpuff on my team because they can be good tanks. Justin faced a really good one a while back and I thought it looked like a good Pokémon. (I haven't played X or Y) What are the best EVs on a Slurpuff, and what are some good moves for it? Also, what Pokés would complement a Slurpuff in a double battle? I also need a little help building a team. What are some really good X Y Pokémon that I could use? If anyone was shiny hatching Swirlix or Froakie I would love to get one when ORAS does come out and I get a copy. Thanks in advance! :P
The basic set (That I know of) for Slurpuff in doubles is

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Return
- Belly Drum
- Protect

I never used it before so I can't tell you what pokemons would complement her but i'm sure someone else here knows. But I hope that I could at least help you with a basic moveset for it haha :D
(Nov 17, 2014, 01:52 PM)Eeveeli Wrote: The basic set (That I know of) for Slurpuff in doubles is

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Level: 50
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Return
- Belly Drum
- Protect

I never used it before so I can't tell you what pokemons would complement her but i'm sure someone else here knows. But I hope that I could at least help you with a basic moveset for it haha :D

Thanks!
BTW, I have one of those slurpuffs and a BUNCh left over from breeding so if you want a free 5iv one with the egg move belly drum already on it, just let me know Smile (might actually even have some 6 ivs ones left now that it hink about it since i was going for perfect shiny)
(Nov 17, 2014, 05:23 PM)erickab24 Wrote: BTW, I have one of those slurpuffs and a BUNCh left over from breeding so if you want a free 5iv one with the egg move belly drum already on it, just let me know Smile (might actually even have some 6 ivs ones left now that it hink about it since i was going for perfect shiny)

Ok! I don't really care about the IV's though. All I want is a female Swirlix or Slurpuff so I can breed it. I can worry about the IV. I'll be sure to cnotact you when ORAS comes out.
(Nov 17, 2014, 06:14 PM)iDrEaMiNbLuEsKiEs Wrote:
(Nov 17, 2014, 05:23 PM)erickab24 Wrote: BTW, I have one of those slurpuffs and a BUNCh left over from breeding so if you want a free 5iv one with the egg move belly drum already on it, just let me know Smile (might actually even have some 6 ivs ones left now that it hink about it since i was going for perfect shiny)

Ok! I don't really care about the IV's though. All I want is a female Swirlix or Slurpuff so I can breed it. I can worry about the IV. I'll be sure to cnotact you when ORAS comes out.

okay then! let me know Smile
I love running a PuffDrum team. The important part is making sure Slurpuff can set up, and the remaining 4 opposing pokemon can be taken out by one of your two physical moves. I.e., Play Rough/Return. For this reason, prediction is important.
Having an ally with the ability friend guard can really help bulk Slurpuff, as well as dual coverage protection from opposing Pokemon that attack to hit "many others."
I have seen mat block, although not prioritized, work very well to protect Slurpuff if your ally is speedy enough. I would drop protect, however, as it really isn't needed unless the one scenario where you try to figure out if your opponent will be using a move that hits both you and your ally, allowing you to protect both Pokemon the next turn, and get a free Belly Drum, sitrus proc, and Unburden.

Hope that helps!
I know a Jolly nature was recommended, but adamant is a 5:1 more successful use nature since the Unburden proc will give you a 3 stage boost to speed, ultimately meaning a "double-scarfed" Slurpuff, which will outspeed nearly anything. Just be weary of priority same type attack boost moves. =D
I was trying to breed a slurpuff for my team but i ended up getting frustrated ==" heres my build Smile
Item: Sitrus berry
Nature: Careful
Careful since you already get a boost in speed with the unburden ability, and 2 of the moves will be belly drum and cotton guard. So you now have a boost in both speed, attack and defense, but you also want to be tanky Smile but its also up to your preference :3
EV spread: i actually forgot, but i kept a notebook on the build and its at my other home ==" but lets just say 180HP/252SpDef/76Speed or you can interchange the EV spread for speed and HP up to you Smile
•Belly Drum
•Play Rough
•Cotton Guard
•Return/move of your choice

This is probably not the best build considerting that you need to set up 1st but try experimenting on it on showdown first Smile maybe someone here might give a better build than this :3
Oh sorry i forgot... X3 pokemon that would compliment slurpuff... I guess a support poke (im not sure), setting up takes 2 turns so you need a poke that can protect slurpuff from any incoming attack.