Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SMOGON] Mega Charizard X Moveset - Physical Attacker
Well if it is primarily for singles, If i were to use either of these Charizard X builds i would lead with something that could substitute and switch.
my choices to lead of would be a Sub/Pass Jolteon. Evs would be something along the lines of 252HP and 100 Speed, the rest put into SpAt. This would be able to put up a strong substitute on turn one and baton pass the sub off to the Charizard allowing a free turn to go mega and set up Dragon Dance.

I've also been toying with the idea of a Golbat @eviolite.
given high EVs in HP and defenses with some added attack.
The Golbat would be able to swap in on potentially devastating Fairy attacks (sylveon with pixilate) and be able to soak up fighting moves all while being immune to ground.
a move set like Mean look, Haze, Substitute, poison fang could potentially trap in threats against charizard and remove any threatening buffs.
also Golbat has access to tailwind to boost the Charizard and U-turn for potential psychic types and to keep the singles momentum going. Golbat also can roost for added holding power.

These are just ideas i have been toying with and haven't been able to build them yet to fully put them to test.
If you want to trap pokemon, I would recommend Choice Scarf shadow tag Gothitelle with trick to cripple any wall such as Ferrothorn or Eviolite Chansey while I can get Charizard X on a potential safe switch in. Honestly I think Golbat should only be designated as a defog user since it cannot beat the majority of the ou/uu tier. Course Super Fang is an option as well but that's about it. The thing is no one will let their Fairy wall/cleric in on something like a Golbat due to both typing disadvantage and potential Toxic damage. Honestly the Golbat set will literally be setup bait for anything whether the opposing mon could setup hazards, spread status, or just trick it.

Charizard X needs Pokemon that can get rid of revenge killers like Lati@s, Landorus, Terrakion, Garchomp, Keldeo, or scarfers who run rampant in the tier. Remember you can't just setup and proceed to sweep through the opposing team thinking you clearly won. Gothitelle is a a good partner as it literally traps the walls/checks that could otherwise beat Charizard X. Defog/Spinners are absolutely necessary to have since Charizard is still x4 weak to Stealth Rocks plus it now gets hampered down by Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Pokemon like Starmie, Excadril, Mew, or Skarmory can support Charizard with hazard control as well as deal with some of the aftermentioned threats I mention. Cleric support from Clefable, Sylveon, or Chansey is another option to consider especially when Charizard is taking chip damage from recoil and hazards. Finally you want to have Pokemon that can prioritize revenge killers so Pokemon like Scizor, Azumarill, Bisharp, or Dragonite can help as well.