Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SMOGON] Smogon: Who we are/Why we do what we do.
I liked smogon rogue but i think all the mega bans coming out started to kill enjoyment for me as i kept having to rebuild new teams, although i also lean away from vgc because i don't like doubles as much. I liked the sleep clause and many of the clauses felt very good for the game being enjoyable but i was always running sub top tier teams and i often got told if i didn't like the bans play ubers but i don't think milotic was going to make an effective wall in ubers so i was left with basically rebuilding a team from scratch or playing in a format with very little chance of winning. After loosing mega lucario this took a lot of time to rebuild my team up to work then i just gave up when i lost mega mawille. i'm hoping with the new mega's that some of the banned megas will be re-evaluated otherwise i see so many of the new megas going to ubers as well (although mega mence will go uber a physical and spec att sets and a dd set up possibility it has too many options while also having the potential to set up a full sweep). I also think that at the lower end of the smogon ladder some players have the lol (moba) effect you only won because you had mega lucario whose being suspect tested... yea we'll ignore the fact he only ko'd 1 pokemon where as milotic took out 3 members of your team by herself... i clearly only won because mega lucario is op. Still thankfully a small number and presumably they exist in vgc as well but they can't message you in the game like they can on showdown.

Overall neither rule set really suits me so i end up just doing in game end game for the most part. i just feel that because smogon is balanced according to the top tier players many of the lower tier players playing competitive but for fun get hurt by the bans as they significantly effect the viability of their teams. Who knows i might get back into smogon is mega lopunny can fill the niche mega lucario left on my old team. Noivern, Garchomp, Lucario, gardevoir, milotic, ferrothorn was my old team if anyone was interested Smile (my first competitive team don't judge me too harshly XD ).

Edit: that said i don't dislike smogon since its where i started competitive and playing there was enjoyable while it lasted for me Smile

Messages In This Thread
Smogon: Who we are/Why we do what we do. - by Rogue - Nov 14, 2014, 05:03 PM
RE: Smogon: Who we are/Why we do what we do. - by evilsabre - Nov 15, 2014, 05:38 AM