Share:    Facebook Facebook Reddit

[SMOGON] UU RMT (once again)
[Image: blastoise_mega_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43az.gif] [Image: salamence_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a4931.gif] [Image: doublade_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43kt.gif] [Image: krookodile_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49fj.gif] [Image: rotom_heat_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a493d.gif] [Image: florges_orange_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49nf.gif]

Hey guys, I decided to build a UU team, works pretty well on the ladder, and I'd like some comments on it. It's a bulky offense team.

Team building process:

[Image: blastoise_mega_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43az.gif]

I started this team having in mind that I wanted to use Mega-Blastoise. It's really good with his move pool, ability, bulk and has access to Scald, which is potentially the best move in the game.

[Image: florges_orange_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49nf.gif]

To increase Blastoise's longevity, I added a standard Florges to get rid of status and to pass Wishes, which is always useful.

[Image: rotom_heat_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a493d.gif]

After this, I added a defensive Rotom-Heat to counter mostly Shaymin, which was able to 1v1 both of my first Pokemon. Also, it's able to give me momentum with Volt Switch and can cripple physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp, which is particulary useful against No Guard Machamp which is annoying as hell with Dynamic Punch.

[Image: salamence_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a4931.gif] [Image: doublade_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43kt.gif]

I realized that DD Mold Breaker Haxorus could easily run through this core with Outrage, EQ and Poison Jab, and I also didn't have any physical attacker, so I added a DD Salamence to check it. Also, I added SD Doublade to get more offensive presence while maintaining the bulky archetype of my team.

[Image: krookodile_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49fj.gif]

Finally, I needed hazards, so I added a lead Krookodile which can set up Stealth Rock and also Taunt things like Forretress.

In Depth

[Image: blastoise_mega_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43az.gif]

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere/Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse/Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam/Rapid Spin
- Scald

Mega Blastoise is a good special attacker due to its excellent coverage. In fact, the only Pokemon allowed in UU that can't be hit neutrally by its coverage is Marill... so yeah. Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse are good coverage moves that are boosted by Mega Launcher, and Dark Pulse is a big threat to spin blockers if I run Rapid Spin. Ice Beam is for Grass types and Rapid Spin is useful for getting rid of entry hazards, especially since I have two Pokemon weak to rocks, but I can't decide on which coverage move to give up. Scald is just a good STAB move that has a 30% chance to burn (Well, more like 80% irl, but whatever). The EVs in Speed allows it to speed creep on uninvested base 100s and lower, while maximizing its special attack. The rest is dumped into HP for more bulk.

[Image: florges_orange_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49nf.gif]

Florges @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Florges' role is to pass Wishes and to keep Blastoise and the others mons healthy with Aromatherapy. Protect ensure that it can heal itself safely or can be used to scout choice items or coverage move. Finally, Moonblast can pick off weakened foes and allows it to not be completely shut down by Taunt in a bad scenario. It's a really standard set, but it's god damn good at what it does. The EVs are there to maximize Florges's bulk.

[Image: rotom_heat_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a493d.gif]

Rotom-Heat @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom's role is to cripple Pokemon with Will-O-Wisp and to gain momentum with Volt Switch. Overheat is pretty much a good stab move that can deal a lot of damage to Pokemon that resist Electric, such as Donphan. Pain Split allows it to stay alive longer through the match in combination with Leftovers and it also inflicts a little bit of damage. The EVs ensure that it outspeeds max speed Mamoswine and Feraligatr to burn them before they attack. The rest is invested in HP and Defense to allow it to take more hits.

[Image: salamence_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a4931.gif]

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Salamence is best used late game when most of the opponent's walls are weakened/dead, allowing it to run through the opponent's team. Dragon Dance is useful to ensure to outspeed Mega Sceptile and Mega Beedrill at +1 and pretty much everything at +2, while also killing everything. Outrage is the most Powerful STAB move it gets, and is basically a complete nuke. Earthquake hits the Steel types, like Empoleon, and Iron Tail is for the Faires, like Florges and Sylveon. The Lum Berry allows it to not get crippled by things like Sableye and to retaliate back with an Outrage or something. The EVs make it as fast and as powerful as possible.

[Image: doublade_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a43kt.gif]

Doublade (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Doublade is another setup mon that can punch holes through teams and is very, very bulky. It can take 3 Drill Run from mega Beedrill, which is often 2HKOed by Shadow Sneak, so it's very fitting for a bulky offence team. Swords Dance allows it to be very threatening, while Shadow Sneak patches up its lackluster Speed. Iron Head destroys Fairies and Sacred Sword is for coverage, mainly against Steel and Dark types. The EVs minimize the damage taken by burn/Stealth Rocks while giving it good bulk and good attack. The rest are dumped into Sp. Def.

[Image: krookodile_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a49fj.gif]

Krookodile @ Black Glasses
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Krookodile sets up rocks and counters other leads, like Azelf and Forretress, with Taunt, but also Knock Off for Azelf. Knock Off is its main Dark Type move, and it tends to be very spammable when you're not sure about the opponent's switch in. Earthquake is just a good STAB move that can hit many threats in the tier, like Darmanitan and Chandelure. Black Glasses make Knock Off more powerful and it allows Krookodile to be able to not be choices into a move, but without the Life Orb recoil. The EVs ensure that it's as fast as possible, which is useful to get up rocks, and gives it some decent power. Intimidate is used over Moxie to allows it to live some hits that it wouldn't otherwise live.

Threats:

[Image: suicune_by_creepyjellyfish-d7a48xr.gif]

This team is kind of weak against CroCune, which can heal off the Will-O-Wisp from Rotom that would otherwise slowly wear down other set-up sweepers.

[Image: 142-mega.gif]

It's also weak to mega Aerodactyl, which can destroys my team if Blastoise is gone.

Thanks in advance Smile
This is a pretty solid UU team. It has the right amount of hazard control, speed control and matches up well against the current UU metagame where Conkeldurr, Sylveon and Celebi are running amok alongside Mega-Sceptile, Mega-Beedrill and many more S to B tier threats.

I'd suggest dropping Aura Sphere seeing as how there aren't many things in the tier that's weak to Fighting that'll appreciate a Scald or an Ice Beam.

I also have to make mention to the DSF (Dragon-Steel-Fairy) core here. DSF is one of the best cores in the tier in both Balance and Hyper Offense so it's good to see it here.

Not much else I can say other than great team :]
(Jun 28, 2016, 07:19 AM)Marcusube Wrote: This is a pretty solid UU team. It has the right amount of hazard control, speed control and matches up well against the current UU metagame where Conkeldurr, Sylveon and Celebi are running amok alongside Mega-Sceptile, Mega-Beedrill and many more S to B tier threats.

I'd suggest dropping Aura Sphere seeing as how there aren't many things in the tier that's weak to Fighting that'll appreciate a Scald or an Ice Beam.

I also have to make mention to the DSF (Dragon-Steel-Fairy) core here. DSF is one of the best cores in the tier in both Balance and Hyper Offense so it's good to see it here.

Thanks, and yeah i forgot to mention that I made the Fairy Dragon Steel core, it's really efficient in most tiers. But thanks, your comments on my previous teams really helped me improve on team building Smile @Marcusube
(Jun 28, 2016, 08:30 AM)le2017 Wrote:
(Jun 28, 2016, 07:19 AM)Marcusube Wrote: This is a pretty solid UU team. It has the right amount of hazard control, speed control and matches up well against the current UU metagame where Conkeldurr, Sylveon and Celebi are running amok alongside Mega-Sceptile, Mega-Beedrill and many more S to B tier threats.

Thanks, and yeah i forgot to mention that I made the Fairy Dragon Steel core, it's really efficient in most tiers. But thanks, your comments on my previous teams really helped me improve on team building Smile @Marcusube

No prob, glad to help :]